Spartan & Gates of Troy running on WIN 7 & 8 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

wings7 -> Spartan & Gates of Troy running on WIN 7 & 8 (8/5/2013 7:17:05 PM)

Has any one had any problems running Spartan & Gates of Troy on Windows 7 or 8? These are two older titles and I wanted to hear from people who have run these games on WIN 7 or 8. I checked the forums for these two games and I didn't see any info on this question.

Patrick

Wolfe1759 -> RE: Spartan & Gates of Troy running on WIN 7 & 8 (8/5/2013 7:38:39 PM)

Both work fine for me on Windows 7, as do Legion Gold and Chariots of War.

Wolfe1759 -> RE: Spartan & Gates of Troy running on WIN 7 & 8 (8/5/2013 7:39:27 PM)

Sorry - double post.

DSWargamer -> RE: Spartan & Gates of Troy running on WIN 7 & 8 (8/5/2013 9:05:39 PM)

I was curious, tried my old Spartan disk, does not appear to like Windows 8 on my laptop.

Reason claims a d3drm.dll is missing.

You might not get that, you might have differing parameters. But that was my result.

I have an old disk though, and was only able to locate up to a .1017 patch which did not address the needs.

Anguille -> RE: Spartan & Gates of Troy running on WIN 7 & 8 (8/5/2013 9:07:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DSWargamer

I was curious, tried my old Spartan disk, does not appear to like Windows 8 on my laptop.

Reason claims a d3drm.dll is missing.

You might not get that, you might have differing parameters. But that was my result.

I have an old disk though, and was only able to locate up to a .1017 patch which did not address the needs.

For the cd version you need to add a dll which is downloadable somewhere in the forum...it's not the same with the digital edition

DSWargamer -> RE: Spartan & Gates of Troy running on WIN 7 & 8 (8/5/2013 9:27:27 PM)

Seems to have resolved the d3drm.dll issue (well I can see the file installed actually) but now it is refusing to read the disk in the drive which is peculiar in it's own way.

edit, fortunately that was really no actual barrier. But I am not at liberty to explain something that any actual gamer worth their salt should already understand :)

The game runs in Windows 8 from a Just Play edition game disc after you add the patch here on site. Thank you for the assist Anguille.

Anguille -> RE: Spartan & Gates of Troy running on WIN 7 & 8 (8/5/2013 9:49:10 PM)

You're welcome [;)]

DSWargamer -> RE: Spartan & Gates of Troy running on WIN 7 & 8 (8/5/2013 9:56:21 PM)

Sadly it is a slow day here. I just basically figured out how to install a game I have had for years, and patch it and make it ready to run on Windows 8 all because I was merely curious.

I likely won't be playing it much.

But it was something to do.

Was just resting from cleaning the kitchen.

Anguille -> RE: Spartan & Gates of Troy running on WIN 7 & 8 (8/6/2013 12:00:31 AM)

You should really give it a try...it's a great game.

wings7 -> RE: Spartan & Gates of Troy running on WIN 7 & 8 (8/6/2013 1:44:40 PM)

Thanks everyone for your input, I'm ordering both today! [:D]

Patrick

gexmex -> RE: Spartan & Gates of Troy running on WIN 7 & 8 (8/6/2013 9:09:20 PM)

This is probably a dumb question, but what's the difference between them? From what I've gathered, Gates of Troy is some sort of expansion pack...is that correct? If so, what does it add to the original Spartan, just another campaign?

PipFromSlitherine -> RE: Spartan & Gates of Troy running on WIN 7 & 8 (8/6/2013 9:20:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gexmex

This is probably a dumb question, but what's the difference between them? From what I've gathered, Gates of Troy is some sort of expansion pack...is that correct? If so, what does it add to the original Spartan, just another campaign?

Gate of Troy is a standalone game, adding a number of enhancements to Spartan such as map zoom and vassalisation of states, with a Troy-centric set of campaigns. However it will integrate with Spartan if you have it, allowing you to play both games' content via the enhanced GoT game.

Cheers

Pip

gexmex -> RE: Spartan & Gates of Troy running on WIN 7 & 8 (8/6/2013 9:40:40 PM)

Thank you Pip! :)

TJD -> RE: Spartan & Gates of Troy running on WIN 7 & 8 (8/7/2013 2:38:02 AM)

I thought about buying these games -- the discount is really persuasive -- but wonder about screen resolution in games this old. Can they handle 1920x1080? Do I have to scale down? Can they run in a window?

Thanks!

Tim

DSWargamer -> RE: Spartan & Gates of Troy running on WIN 7 & 8 (8/7/2013 2:07:08 PM)

I can only speak for myself, but, it looks good on my laptop, and it gives me no reason to think it would not look fine if that was HDMI connected to my Sony 40in TV.

I don't think you would need it in a window.

And the opening music by the way is gorgeous.

hidden007 -> RE: Spartan & Gates of Troy running on WIN 7 & 8 (6/16/2016 7:41:10 AM)

Hi I have problem lunching the game spartan gates of troy on windows 8 any one can help me please respond
[&o]

hidden007 -> RE: Spartan & Gates of Troy running on WIN 7 & 8 (6/16/2016 7:47:48 AM)

any one help me regarding spartan gates of troy, not working on win 8

zakblood -> RE: Spartan & Gates of Troy running on WIN 7 & 8 (6/16/2016 9:09:43 AM)

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=66984

game works on windows 7/8.1 and windows 10.

will ask for permissions to test and do a install guide to check for full compatibility mode for windows 10, which will also be a guide for others to follow if needed and show up and error's if found etc

and will reply asap with results if permissions given to re test

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4100046&mpage=1&key=�

on test now ^^

VPaulus -> RE: Spartan & Gates of Troy running on WIN 7 & 8 (6/16/2016 10:01:15 AM)

Check this thread:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4611
You need to copy the extracted file d3drm.dll file to C:\Windows\System32 and to the game installation folder.

hidden007 -> RE: Spartan & Gates of Troy running on WIN 7 & 8 (6/21/2016 5:02:18 PM)

tanx cheif I did copy the d3drm.dll to system /system32/ game installation folder but it lunches till the intro movie and then stops

aaatoysandmore -> RE: Spartan & Gates of Troy running on WIN 7 & 8 (6/22/2016 12:21:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anguille

You should really give it a try...it's a great game.

We agree. [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI