Fantasy Football this year (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Paul Vebber -> Fantasy Football this year (8/17/2013 4:24:02 PM)

Edited: Please see Breezly's post below - the 2013 Fantasy Football Leagues are now active! - Erik

Breezly -> RE: Fantasy Football this year (8/21/2013 10:05:02 PM)

OK, I have been passed stewardship of Paul's Matrix leagues this year. Emails have been sent out to existing managers, so please check if you are interested in rejoining. For those of you not in the leagues, but are interested in joining, please PM me with your interested league and email address. I am going to give returning managers until Saturday to respond, given the time frame, so I will open up the leagues to requests on a first come, first served basis, starting this weekend.

Info on the leagues:

Matrix Basic
- balanced scoring, small teams, Auto-draft

Matrix Pro - weighted for stats over scoring - individual defensive players - online draft

Matrix Hall of Fame - weighted scoring over stats, keeper league - last years players get to keep two players at different positions paying base auction price, then online auction draft.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Fantasy Football this year (8/21/2013 11:10:45 PM)

Ok everyone, our traditional Matrix Fantasy Football leagues are up, please see the post above this one and PM Breezly if you wish to join.

Prize for this year is a free download game of your choice to the winner of each league (as well as bragging rights). Participation is free!

Regards,

- Erik

Walloc -> RE: Fantasy Football this year (8/21/2013 11:18:02 PM)

WHAT!! prizes.... no prizes last year, how rude! [:D] No mail either....

Rasmus

Breezly -> RE: Fantasy Football this year (8/23/2013 4:35:14 PM)

For any of the previous years managers, please PM me or email me at bartkoehler@yahoo.com in order to get invites if you are interested in re-joining and you cannot find the first email. The initial Invites were sent out, but I cannot resend them, you need to contact me in order to get an invite.

--Bart

drillerman -> RE: Fantasy Football this year (8/27/2013 12:48:06 PM)

Would this be Fantasy AMERICAN Football or Fantasy Football.

Walloc -> RE: Fantasy Football this year (8/27/2013 1:30:38 PM)

The american kind.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Fantasy Football this year (8/27/2013 2:53:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: drillerman
Would this be Fantasy AMERICAN Football or Fantasy Football.

Definitely American - NFL, Superbowl, all that. [8D]

bradinggs -> RE: Fantasy Football this year (8/27/2013 4:35:59 PM)

Hmm never done one before, might try take part!

Cap Mandrake -> RE: Fantasy Football this year (8/27/2013 6:42:56 PM)

I just signed up for the Basic League and unbalanced the divisions. Perhaps we need one more Paul?

Delta66 -> RE: Fantasy Football this year (8/28/2013 9:56:44 AM)

Hopefully this is Football, and not soccer!

fodder -> RE: Fantasy Football this year (8/28/2013 2:15:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Delta91

Hopefully this is Football, and not soccer!

Yes, as posts above already say.

It's being run through YAHOO! Fantasy Football.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Fantasy Football this year (8/28/2013 2:21:18 PM)

Hi everyone,

We need more teams in the Pro League, please sign up!

Regards,

- Erik

Chickenboy -> RE: Fantasy Football this year (8/28/2013 4:54:13 PM)

Alright, I'm in...[8D]

Cap Mandrake -> RE: Fantasy Football this year (8/28/2013 9:50:23 PM)

How long do these on-line drafts take? I might try the Pro league but am a bit concerned about the time committment.

Also, pretend I don't know any defensive players except Mean Joe Green. Could I still muddle through?

Breezly -> RE: Fantasy Football this year (8/29/2013 3:35:56 AM)

Best thing to do is take a look at the Player List and see what the players did with last years stats. It helps gauge value. It takes about and hour and a half for the draft, it goes quickly with a minute-thirty for each pick max. Keep an eye on when people start picking defense, line backers are big point getters, so they are the RB of the defense.

The Pro League has 10 teams with potentially one more, so we can get to 12 if someone else is interested, let me know. The basic league is full at 14, I do not think I want to go higher.

We definitely need some folks for the Hall of Fame league. This is an auction style draft with quite a few positions. If you are feeling up for it, let me knwo.

Breezly

Erik Rutins -> RE: Fantasy Football this year (8/29/2013 10:52:49 PM)

Hi guys,

The other leagues are pretty much full, but the Hall of Fame league still has spots open. We only have four teams in there now. If you are interested, please sign up for the Hall of Fame league!

Regards,

- Erik

Cap Mandrake -> RE: Fantasy Football this year (8/31/2013 4:06:42 PM)

Working on my draft. Can someone point me to a list of NFL players either in jail or out on bond and on team suspension?

Erik Rutins -> RE: Fantasy Football this year (9/1/2013 3:46:49 PM)

Thanks everyone, recruitment for the Fantasy Football leagues is closed!

Erik Rutins -> RE: Fantasy Football this year (9/1/2013 4:58:27 PM)

Pro League draft is underway now!

aaatoysandmore -> RE: Fantasy Football this year (2/2/2014 6:06:26 PM)

I'll take Denver. [:D]

nashvillen -> RE: Fantasy Football this year (8/24/2014 11:26:45 PM)

And I am screwed by Yahoo... for the whole draft time period I could not get Yahoo to let me into it. I will be fighting for last place again this year. [:@][:@]

Chickenboy -> RE: Fantasy Football this year (8/25/2014 1:06:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

And I am screwed by Yahoo... for the whole draft time period I could not get Yahoo to let me into it. I will be fighting for last place again this year. [:@][:@]

Don't you mean fighting again for last place? [:'(]

BK invalidated and scrubbed our draft due to some connectivity issues. I recommend you auto-rank your players so that this doesn't happen the second time around, just in case Yahoo screws the pooch again (a perfectly reasonable supposition) on our second re-draft.

I won't be staying around for a third re-draft.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI