RE: Japanese Change Log (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

John 3rd -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/24/2013 3:34:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

Email sent.

Question.
"A6M3 is developed into a whole line of Zeros that sacrifice range in favor of superior armament and pilot protection, and eventually are officially designated as pure land-based models."

The Japanese were absolutely in love with the high maneuverability of their fighters. And with reason, as shown in the early months of the war. The need for armor was not even thought of until after prolonged combat with more modern pilots. Was this trend thought of in real life prior to hostilities, or is this just some tweaking here in this alternate reality? Not asking for any changes, just curious as to the thought process behind this.

Comments.

Thanks for the changes in allied plane production. This was a serious penalty in late game.

I know for a fact you can play as allies against the Japanese AI. It even keeps carriers in multi-carrier TF’s through the end of ’43. I have not played as Japan against allied AI, but I remember seeing a post somewhere (I believe by Andy, but I can’t find it) that it will not work as well.

FatR patterned all of his work off of the ZERO's creator so the advancements are based on historical plausibility.

Thanks for the comments.

Glad to know the AI CAN handle it!

thinman -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/24/2013 5:23:18 PM)

is there an bug in CVL Charlotte?

Slot 826 12/41 update to 827
Slot 827 08/42 update to 828
Slot 828 08/42

I created an original WITPAE for testing ship arts. Using only RA4.0ShipArt.zip and RA Additional Ship Art.zip from Reluctant Admiral Site with the new kawachi/charolotte-shipart, nearly the entire french fleet has no art. For example AMc Dragueur auxiliaire (Slot 832) using bitmap 821.

Edit(h) says, Minneapolis (slot 3198) is begins with 0 fuel at PH

Thanks for this Mod!

John 3rd -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/24/2013 5:27:26 PM)

You provoke the thought that there is ADDITIONAL art on the RA Site from the older Mod for 1st time install. There is all the ship and plane art done PRIOR to 6.0 there.

Will take a look at the other points...

thinman -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/24/2013 6:46:17 PM)

3 Bugs in Conversions

Bind Class 104 with Fuso BB, Fuso (Hybrid) and Ise (Hybrid)
Bind Class 105 with Ise BB, no Ise (Hybrid)
There are two Kawachi Binds 1734 and 1738 with only 1 ship each

btw, found the missing arts: https://sites.google.com/site/waroptionswitpaemod/ (without french BBs)

John 3rd -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/24/2013 10:50:14 PM)

The Polls closed 49 minutes ago on the Political Points Vote. We shall raise them to 60. They were 50.

Thin Man: Will now have time to look at your points. Give me a bit.

John 3rd -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/24/2013 10:54:07 PM)

Just wrote webmaster to resend the French Art Work to me. I'll add it to the ZIPPED Art Folder and resend to everyone I've currently mailed to. Will let you know when that has occurred.

John 3rd -> RE: Playtesting RA 6.0 (9/24/2013 10:58:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cpt Sherwood

J6M1 still has weapon type 192 for extended range missions and device type 193 for normal range missions. Kind of odd to have different 30mm cannons depending on mission range.

My vote is just change the extended range cannon to type 193 so they are the same. The 193 is slightly more accurate than the 192.

Any chance we could get a small PP bump before final public release?

Fixed.

John 3rd -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/24/2013 11:01:42 PM)

OK. Political Points FIXED to 60.

[image]local://upfiles/18041/067C0042FE1648BEADFFF5ADCCF261F1.jpg[/image]

John 3rd -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/24/2013 11:31:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: thinman

is there an bug in CVL Charlotte?

Slot 826 12/41 update to 827
Slot 827 08/42 update to 828
Slot 828 08/42

I created an original WITPAE for testing ship arts. Using only RA4.0ShipArt.zip and RA Additional Ship Art.zip from Reluctant Admiral Site with the new kawachi/charolotte-shipart, nearly the entire french fleet has no art. For example AMc Dragueur auxiliaire (Slot 832) using bitmap 821.

Edit(h) says, Minneapolis (slot 3198) is begins with 0 fuel at PH

Thanks for this Mod!

Charlotte is fine.

Minneapolis is good now.

John 3rd -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/24/2013 11:32:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: thinman

3 Bugs in Conversions

Bind Class 104 with Fuso BB, Fuso (Hybrid) and Ise (Hybrid)
Bind Class 105 with Ise BB, no Ise (Hybrid)
There are two Kawachi Binds 1734 and 1738 with only 1 ship each

btw, found the missing arts: https://sites.google.com/site/waroptionswitpaemod/ (without french BBs)

The BBs should be OK as well. Some of this is old stuff leftover from earlier versions of RA that do not apply anymore.

buutsy -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/24/2013 11:45:08 PM)

Maybe it´s me doing something wrong [X(],
but i´m missing some more ART like G8N1, some other japanese Planes
and the new japanese Carriers

John 3rd -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/24/2013 11:53:38 PM)

Go over to the RA site at the bottom of my Post and click the hot link. Once at the RA Site then go to art and you'll find the air art and additional ships right there.

If that doesn't work, I need to know.

Cpt Sherwood -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/25/2013 12:04:32 AM)

I'm not sure that Charlotte is fine if you haven't changed it. I am at work now, but when I looked at it this morning it was not really fine.

John 3rd -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/25/2013 12:49:52 AM)

It has one upgrade from the beginning of the war. When it upgrades (mid-42) then that is it. Am I missing something? Michael--Take a look.

John 3rd -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/25/2013 12:52:39 AM)

[sm=00000007.gif] Am now eating humble pie. It DID have an issue. There are TWO upgrades for the wessel: 8/42 and then 10/43 (except it was written as 8/42). STUPID. Fixed. Thanks guys...

buutsy -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/25/2013 12:55:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Go over to the RA site at the bottom of my Post and click the hot link. Once at the RA Site then go to art and you'll find the air art and additional ships right there.

Yep, worked ! [:)]

John 3rd -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/25/2013 1:27:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: buutsy

quote:

Yep, worked ! [:)]

This goes for anyone playing RA. Make sure you go to the site and download the other ship and aircraft art over there. Will get the French Art and have it in a folder once it arrives.

John 3rd -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/25/2013 7:24:50 AM)

1EyedJacks asked me how does one change the amount of replacement squads a country gets? Since I've never dinked around with that, I thought I would just toss it out. How does one do this? Example: If I wanted to raise how many replacement squads China can get in a month, how would that be done?

Cpt Sherwood -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/25/2013 11:54:25 AM)

There is a build rate box for each device.

thinman -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/25/2013 3:17:39 PM)

Air Group Slot 677 "Shokatsu-1" at start with no location - old stuff from older version
Air Group Slot 681 "Agano-1" with no location (old stuff and it should not appear)

Kongo Class aircraft capacity is 3, but in all 4 air groups (Slot 608 - 611) there are a maximum of 4 aircrafts

There is the CVE "Taiyo" (ship class 1865), but there is no definied ship class for "Unyo" #025 and "Chuyo" #026 (both are linked to the undefined ship class slot 1868). So only the next CVE "Shinyo" will be arrive in 1943.

John 3rd -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/25/2013 3:56:04 PM)

quote:

Sherwood: Yaaaa...are you saying in the devices? I've looked there but no numbers are present for building...

THINMAN: Where the heck were you when I called for playtesters???!!!

The two air groups won't appear due to the ships no longer existing. Same can be said for pair of CVEs. The player now has the OPTION to convert large APs into CVEs if they so desire. Real trade-off since the APs to be converted are all fast, big liners. LOVE choices!

thinman -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/25/2013 3:57:49 PM)

quote:

THINMAN: Where the heck were you when I called for playtesters???!!!

playing RA 5.5 [&o]

John 3rd -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/25/2013 4:01:01 PM)

Just about made me spew my tea! [sm=scared0018.gif]

Cpt Sherwood -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/25/2013 4:14:22 PM)

Change the number in this box.

[image]local://upfiles/18938/5A82F1D6BE944B3B92E007553F8A261C.jpg[/image]

Symon -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/25/2013 4:17:18 PM)

quote:

!EyedJacks asked me how does one change the amount of replacement squads a country gets? Since I've never dinked around with that, I thought I would just toss it out. How does one do this? Example: If I wanted to raise how many replacement squads China can get in a month, how would that be done?

quote:

Yes, and No. It depends.

Allies: Yep, set Can Build = Yes and put the monthly rate in the Build Rate field.

Japan: There's two ways, depending.

Production = On: Japan gets all her devices based on production points. It's in the manual somewhere what it takes for Squads, Guns, AFVs, Vehicles, etc.. Pretty sure Squads is 'chunk' of "Manpower" and a 'chunk' of "Industry" (think it's LI) and maybe a 'chunk' of supply, from the Pools. So Japan can make as many as they want, but it consumes certain "Pool" resources for each. You got the "makin's" you get the Squads (and/or other stuff).

Production = Off: Not many people use this, but if they do, Japan can't "produce" devices, so the Can Build = Yes and the monthly Build Rate is the back-up method. If you enter things in those fields, for Japan, they don't do anything unless the Production switch is 'Off'. The default is the production system.

Hope this wasn't more than you wanted to know [8D]

[ed] Reason so many IJ Build Rate fields are empty is because we never thought anyone would play Japan without 'production', so nobody wanted to expend the man-months to calculate the alternative. The AI does what it pleases anyway, so it's a kinda 'nice thing' but wtfo? Was I you, I would just ignore the build boxes for Japan and go with the 'production' system for replacement/new builds.

Ciao JWE

John 3rd -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/25/2013 5:03:05 PM)

Wow. That answers that. Makes a bunch of sense now...

THANKS!

RA Players: We'll be set when I get home from work.

John 3rd -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/26/2013 1:21:08 AM)

Michael and I chatted for a while today and I wanted to make public an addition I've been thinking a lot about. We're going to let the Dutch survive a bit longer:

1. Pilots will continue to trickle into the Dutch AF at a rate of 5/month through all of 1942. It isn't much but it FAR MORE then historical.
2. I extended aircraft production for the Dutch with the following planes: P-40, Hurricane, B-25, and Catalina. Most will run now until August 1942 (instead of March 42) and the PBY will go through all of 1943.

Your Dutch CAN live on through 1942...

buutsy -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/26/2013 1:42:51 AM)

Great!Better chance to train japanese pilots (exp) [:D]

John 3rd -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/26/2013 2:03:20 AM)

Bet yo' momma sweet bippy on that!

[sm=00000436.gif]

John 3rd -> RE: Japanese Change Log (9/26/2013 2:05:36 AM)

GAMEPLAN: I have everyone's email from sending the original files to. Will resend tomorrow morning. You will get the French Artwork and the new scenario files.

Any other spotted issues/problems had better be found NOW because I AM DONE WORKING ON THIS Dec 7th version of the Mod!

That does not mean, however, that I am NOT DONE working on an April/May 42 start for RA....
[sm=00000289.gif]

Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI