Ok, give me the skinny on plane upgrades (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> The War Room

crsutton -> Ok, give me the skinny on plane upgrades (1/14/2003 5:17:39 AM)

I am into the second month or so of scen. 19 as the Allies. I have about 40 warhawks piled up in the pool and want to start upgrading some of my pitiful P39 squadrons. I know that the squadrons need be in range of Port Morsby, but can it be any squadron that is in range or does it have to be a specific squadron that is scheduled for upgrading? What about the less than pitiful P400s? Do they upgrade? I have them parked in Brisbane and they are not upgrading.

It is a sad statement that I am actually looking forward to P40s but any thing is better than airacobras.

Actually, airacobras are nice for barge busting.

pasternakski -> (1/14/2003 6:13:26 AM)

P-400s upgrade to P-39Ds. Squadrons you want to upgrade need to be within range of Brisbane or Noumea, not Port Moresby.

I feel your pain. I had a b*tch of a time the first three months of playing UV trying to figure out how to field the best equipment. I still have a ways to go, particularly with ship AA upgrades.

NorthStar -> Which is which? (1/14/2003 11:14:59 AM)

OK, this leads into a question I've had for a while . . .

For some aircraft, their are two entries on the Replacement list. I realize that one is for US units, and one is for ANZACs, but which is which?

I've always kind of assumed (being chauvanistic) that the first ones are the US units and the second occurance is the ANZAC, but I'm not sure that's right either.

Can anyone enlighten me?

crsutton -> Ok then, what gives? (1/14/2003 11:37:44 PM)

OK. Now I have a squadron of p39s with about 17 planes in Rockhampton. They have been sitting for a turn or two. I also have about 39 P40 warhawks in my replacement pool. Should this squadron be upgrading-or is there a specific schedule for each squadron? If so, how do I find out.

Also, on the replacement board, I notice two listings for the P39D. One with about a 25 replacement rate and the other with a smaller rate. What is the deal there?

I need those warhawks bad over Port Morsby.

Toro -> (1/15/2003 12:07:01 AM)

Available upgrade a/c have to be plentiful to actually upgrade. I believe it has to be 133% of full-strength for Allies, and 125% for Japan. Also note that if a new squadron is arriving, they can take some/all of your stockpile when arriving.

rcwkent -> (1/15/2003 1:23:27 AM)

I believe that the US P39D's upgrade directly to the P38G, not
to the p40E Warhawk.

Also, P400's upgrade to the P39D.

astharoth -> (1/15/2003 4:21:58 AM)

is there any list of what upgrade to what anywhere? would be handy

rcwkent -> (1/15/2003 4:47:42 AM)

I'm sure Spooky's Uncommon Valor Fansite would have a complete list of upgrade paths.
Spooky always posts his url in his messages on this board.

pasternakski -> (1/15/2003 5:52:37 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by astharoth
[B]is there any list of what upgrade to what anywhere? would be handy [/B][/QUOTE]

This comes with the CD.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI