JFB questions... again... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

JockJimmy -> JFB questions... again... (9/7/2013 11:21:50 AM)

So I need the help of the forum again...

Q1 - Is there an easy way (without Tracker) of finding which units merge to form a larger formation... ie I know xx Garrison Unit forms xx Indpt. Mixed Bde. with something. How do I find that something?

Q2 - What do JFBs use to garrison the Philippines? Sending NGU to all those 20 garrison bases seems a waste - any thoughts?

Thanks in advance. JJ.

btbw -> RE: JFB questions... again... (9/7/2013 12:41:13 PM)

1. Unit organisation.
2. IJN/IJAAF Bn (Or just infantry squads from them), used in initial actions SNLF coys, partially loaded useles troops (with low armanent and exp).

JockJimmy -> RE: JFB questions... again... (9/7/2013 1:30:58 PM)

Thanks for the reply...

I should clarify Q1 - Its for units that are due for reinforcement so don't have a "Unit Org." tab.

Numdydar -> RE: JFB questions... again... (9/7/2013 5:02:44 PM)

I use the minimum (and yes I do garrision everything [:)]) If you do not garrission that is a 1vp/turn/ungarrisioned base. Just for one base over the course of the game is 1,000+ VP points you lose. So garrisioning everything is a high priority for me and should be for you too.

I leave 2-3 engineers, a BF, and ususlly a division in Manilia. Another 2-3 engineers on Clark and a brigade at the southern end of Luzon. I usually build up Davo as a major base so I have a lot more support there. It helps out as the Allies push up New Guniea. Everywhere else I use SNFLs for the garrision requirements.

I put 2-3 LBs at Clark for ASW patrol. The same at Davo too.

I hope this helps.

geofflambert -> RE: JFB questions... again... (9/7/2013 9:02:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: btbw

1. Unit organisation.
2. IJN/IJAAF Bn (Or just infantry squads from them), used in initial actions SNLF coys, partially loaded useles troops (with low armanent and exp).

Is there a way of breaking down small units, pulling squads from them? That'll make my day if there is.

btbw -> RE: JFB questions... again... (9/7/2013 9:13:25 PM)

Zillion ships with start loading troops and cancel it.

geofflambert -> RE: JFB questions... again... (9/7/2013 9:19:44 PM)

You mean load part on a ship, stop, and move it? Or I suppose air transport some then stop? How do you stop all the troops with AV from loading first?

I suppose you could use a transport squadron that uses little planes or is way short of a full complement of ac. Gamey, but I hate that garrison req. crap where you have to have say 10 to 20 AVs. That blows.

Another thing to consider. If you don't actually give a rat's a** (Bill Dolson you owe me one) about victory pts., just ignore that stuff. Most of us know when we're winning without that artificial victory pt. system.

Lokasenna -> RE: JFB questions... again... (9/7/2013 9:34:44 PM)

I think btbw means that the ships automatically use up a small amount of ops points and load pretty much 1 squad apiece instantly, and then you can cancel the loading and order them to go somewhere. So if you have a unit that's 45 squads, just use 45 ships...

Numdydar -> RE: JFB questions... again... (9/7/2013 11:21:04 PM)

Divisions can always breakdown. What's funny is that as Japan I try and put the divisions that start broken up back togeather again lol.

btbw -> RE: JFB questions... again... (9/8/2013 12:21:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

I think btbw means that the ships automatically use up a small amount of ops points and load pretty much 1 squad apiece instantly, and then you can cancel the loading and order them to go somewhere. So if you have a unit that's 45 squads, just use 45 ships...

Yes it work. Dont need go by ships, but LCU in strategic mode. Or create a few TFs for load supp, air/nav supp, eng, inf, move away LCU and unload one of TF in next turn - load on one ship and move to new base.

geofflambert -> RE: JFB questions... again... (9/8/2013 3:55:38 AM)

quote:

That seems pretty gamey so I'm all for it. Not really.

Lokasenna -> RE: JFB questions... again... (9/8/2013 4:42:00 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

quote:

That seems pretty gamey so I'm all for it. Not really.

Air Transport TFs load their cargo instantly also, at least in every place I've loaded them up. Anybody else ever noticed that? Works the same way as this load-one-device deal.

I'm not sure it's gamey, as it does use a small amount of Ops points for the ships (I think; haven't actually checked this in a while), so it is costing them some action on that turn.

Chris21wen -> RE: JFB questions... again... (9/8/2013 7:05:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JockJimmy

So I need the help of the forum again...

Q2 - What do JFBs use to garrison the Philippines? Sending NGU to all those 20 garrison bases seems a waste - any thoughts?

Thanks in advance. JJ.

quote:

Thanks in advance. JJ.

Split the garrison units. You can do this using a/c to transport part of the unit. If you use a 9 a/c unit it takes two to three turns to transport 20 AV. Of course you will also need aviation support to do this but the Japanase have lots of small airbase companies which can also be flown in.

[image]local://upfiles/5388/278614099720450BB80A9F17F2D7BA87.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI