Japanese R&D Question (No Khyberbill Please) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Icedawg -> Japanese R&D Question (No Khyberbill Please) (9/21/2013 3:57:05 PM)

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I know the Allied player has no information regarding the Japanese player's aircraft production numbers (which seems a bit inconsistent as the Japanese player knows the Allied player's values), but what about R&D?

Specifically, I was wondering if the Allied player has knowledge of the Japanese player's R&D advances. From the aircraft info screen, you can get the arrival date of each particular airframe and this changes as the Japanese player advances aircraft. Does the Allied player see this as well? I'm guessing the answer is yes, but confirmation would be nice.

[image]local://upfiles/19528/473DC396386E47F4A540E2F27007A4ED.jpg[/image]

Lokasenna -> RE: Japanese R&D Question (No Khyberbill Please) (9/21/2013 5:38:52 PM)

[X(] Did not know this.

Checking with my AI game loaded up as the Allies, it does appear that the date changes to match. Well then...

n01487477 -> RE: Japanese R&D Question (No Khyberbill Please) (9/21/2013 6:30:00 PM)

Has been this way since the beginning ... same for tracker.

koniu -> RE: Japanese R&D Question (No Khyberbill Please) (9/21/2013 6:54:05 PM)

This thread should be baned for all AFB not only Khyberbill[8D]

Icedawg -> RE: Japanese R&D Question (No Khyberbill Please) (9/21/2013 7:11:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

Has been this way since the beginning ... same for tracker.

Darn. Now I can't ambush him with hordes of Tojo IIcs, Oscar IIbs and A6M5cs in February 43. If he knows I've got 'em, he's not going to be flying much until he gets his P-51s and Corsairs. I had intentionally held off on upgrading my fighter units until they could all upgrade simultaneously. I was then hoping to catch him flying some 4Es into a trap. Looks like it's not going to happen now.

The best made plans of mice and JFBs oft go awry. [:(]

Numdydar -> RE: Japanese R&D Question (No Khyberbill Please) (9/21/2013 8:26:20 PM)

Yes, but just because he knows you have them does not mean he knows WHERE you have them [:)]

Xargun -> RE: Japanese R&D Question (No Khyberbill Please) (9/21/2013 8:26:25 PM)

I wouldn't worry to much. I bet most (80%+) allied players do not know this or don't bother to look. We (JFBs) have a lot of advantages - knowing exactly what and when the allies produce (if you bother to look - personally I only bother myself with the first 6 months or so and only worry about CVs to be honest. I would rather play with variable reinforcements, but few players like that option) plus the ability to kick their butts for 18 months straight. So what if the allies get a bit of intel - its only good for 1 ambush anyways.

Numdydar -> RE: Japanese R&D Question (No Khyberbill Please) (9/21/2013 8:35:16 PM)

Exactly. AFBs know no matter what you do as Japan you will lose sooner or later [:(]. So why should they care [:)]?

PaxMondo -> RE: Japanese R&D Question (No Khyberbill Please) (9/22/2013 4:34:27 AM)

And truthfully, this is prolly pretty consistent with reality. The allies had such good intel. I'm not sure how intentional this is, but it doesn't really bug me. Good to know though if I ever play a PBEM.

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: Japanese R&D Question (No Khyberbill Please) (9/22/2013 5:38:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: koniu

Too late. [:)]

Good info. I did not know this and had never looked for it.

Lokasenna -> RE: Japanese R&D Question (No Khyberbill Please) (9/22/2013 8:44:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

And truthfully, this is prolly pretty consistent with reality. The allies had such good intel. I'm not sure how intentional this is, but it doesn't really bug me. Good to know though if I ever play a PBEM.

My thoughts too, but didn't know it was possible. I'm fine with the Allied player being rewarded if they pay attention to this much detail.

Icedawg -> RE: Japanese R&D Question (No Khyberbill Please) (9/22/2013 10:11:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

Oh no! I have inadvertently given highly valuable information to the enemy. Where is my sword? It is time to commit seppuku!

PaxMondo -> RE: Japanese R&D Question (No Khyberbill Please) (9/23/2013 3:12:16 AM)

[:D][:D][:D]

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: Japanese R&D Question (No Khyberbill Please) (9/23/2013 2:14:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

Oh no! I have inadvertently given highly valuable information to the enemy. Where is my sword? It is time to commit seppuku!

At a minimum. Buy a round before you go, hey? [:)]

obvert -> RE: Japanese R&D Question (No Khyberbill Please) (9/23/2013 3:07:16 PM)

Very interesting. Good to know about for both sides.

So he'll know all about my jets coming right up then? [:D]

Banzan -> RE: Japanese R&D Question (No Khyberbill Please) (9/23/2013 5:44:34 PM)

I never thought of this. [:D]

I use the database very rarly to check for new seen aircrafts, never thought it may update on the release dates in game. :)

Commander Stormwolf -> RE: Japanese R&D Question (No Khyberbill Please) (9/24/2013 3:38:12 AM)

the fact that the allied player knows the stats of the STOCK jap AC stats,
is a major disadvantage to japan [:(]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P84llyNugqA

I suppose the answer is to only play against those who are historically inept [:'(]

Commander Stormwolf -> RE: Japanese R&D Question (No Khyberbill Please) (9/24/2013 3:39:48 AM)

the fighter 96 has an armored bucket seat.. and the fighter 97 has a 20mm cannon under its fuselage

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI