Help getting started (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition

Happycat -> Help getting started (9/22/2013 3:45:43 AM)

I have not played Harpoon since the original release of Harpoon and Harpoon II in the 90's. Used to love the game, and was very proficient at it, but find now that I've been away from it for 15-18 years (and I'm a lot older now, I think my brain is calcifying) I'm lost.

I have the complete bag of chips---HUCE, HUANW, H3 ver 3.94 and H3 ver 3.63

Can someone suggest a good way for me to re-immerse myself in this simulation? I'm talking baby steps here----I should probably play a simple patrol scenario for starters, that much is obvious. But, which game of the four above should I fire up?

Any and all help gratefully and humbly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

CapitanPiluso -> RE: Help getting started (9/23/2013 1:19:58 AM)

Here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpXyEd6MxgU you can watch a comparison between Harpoon Classic (HUCE) and H3.
In my opinión HUCE may be a good approach to know the game, but all of them are interesting.

Regards.

Happycat -> RE: Help getting started (9/23/2013 2:05:12 AM)

Thanks, I'll have a look at that.

TonyE -> RE: Help getting started (9/23/2013 2:39:48 AM)

If you do find yourself preferring HC (HUCE in your list) we've got a lot of goodies for you at HarpGamer.com including much updated game engine and databases not to mention scenarios.

Happycat -> RE: Help getting started (9/23/2013 6:57:24 AM)

Thank you!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI