Sound/Music? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

Misconduct -> Sound/Music? (9/24/2013 1:58:38 PM)

I noticed in the Beta it was rather lacking any basic sounds, I think the only time I heard it when subs were firing a torpedo etc.

Is there goign to be any change to this?

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: Sound/Music? (9/24/2013 5:35:46 PM)

Any answer on this?
quote:

ORIGINAL: Misconduct

I noticed in the Beta it was rather lacking any basic sounds, I think the only time I heard it when subs were firing a torpedo etc.

Is there goign to be any change to this?

Dimitris -> RE: Sound/Music? (9/24/2013 6:52:39 PM)

Hello,

We can gladly increase the amount of sound "hooks" if there is enough interest in this. Our feedback from the beta pool has been that most people turn off sounds entirely after a while [:)]. This jives with our past experience from Harpoon too.

Thanks!

rebon -> RE: Sound/Music? (9/24/2013 7:33:56 PM)

I must admit sound would increase my gaming experience, I known it's old school but I loved the way previous games of this genre showed sound and weapon impact detail

thx...rob

MitchRapp -> RE: Sound/Music? (9/24/2013 7:37:54 PM)

I agree, added sounds would be great.

Banquet -> RE: Sound/Music? (9/24/2013 9:05:53 PM)

People often turn the music off after they've heard it a few times, but generally leave the actual game sounds on. They make for a far more immersive experience.

Is anyone else getting appallingly bad download speeds? I'm now down to 29k a sec which means, after 3 hours of downloading, I won't get the game downloaded for another 6 hours. Not impressed by this at all.

MitchRapp -> RE: Sound/Music? (9/24/2013 9:17:49 PM)

I went home during lunch and expecting the worse downloaded the files in a reasonable time. What was taking very long was extracting the files. I left the PC on and went back to work.

Regards
John

Fred Sanford -> RE: Sound/Music? (9/24/2013 10:08:02 PM)

Music I always turn off.

Sounds I think are important, not just for the "immersive" ambiance aspect, but more importantly as sensory cues to the player that something is happening that you may not be looking at. So I'd want as many sounds linked to events as possible. Humans are more aural than we tend to think.

montanaza -> RE: Sound/Music? (9/24/2013 10:52:36 PM)

Agreed. Definitely need a few more sounds in this sim. So much happening, sound important for more awareness.

NefariousKoel -> RE: Sound/Music? (9/24/2013 11:09:31 PM)

Appropriate sounds would be wonderful.

Music? Meh. I usually turn that off before long. But interface sounds (button clicks) and event sounds (the aforementioned 'hooks') are a must. I really did like most of the non-blaring sounds in the Harpoon titles.

EDIT: Hopefully someone cooks up a sound mod of some kind. If it's fairly easy to implement them, I'm sure we can come up with the actual sounds (since we're not technically selling them, being a user-created mod).

RockKahn -> RE: Sound/Music? (9/24/2013 11:23:04 PM)

Some intermittent, low volume radio comm or loud speaker chatter in the background could be cool in the future. Maybe some missile away, incoming, stand by, Petty Officer Smith report to the bridge, splice the mainbrace, etc. All the cool buzzwords. [:'(]

It would really be cool in different languages depending on the country you're playing.

I suppose I could just say these buzzwords under my breath while I'm playing. That wouldn't be quite as good, though, and I don't know Russian. [:D]

Kipper -> RE: Sound/Music? (9/25/2013 11:23:59 AM)

+1 for more sound, specifically configurable audio cues.

kleinergeist191 -> RE: Sound/Music? (9/25/2013 11:42:35 AM)

+1 RockKahn
agreed with your suggestions!!
Comm Room Soud would be cool. Also the Header Information
-Roger, Confirmed, ESM off, Radar is on Sir, Active Sonar Contact, etc.....

nukkxx5058 -> RE: Sound/Music? (10/5/2013 6:02:17 PM)

I definitely need sound. No music but sound. Engines, bombs, missiles, radars, radio, etc.
We definitely need sounds. [8D]

chemkid -> RE: Sound/Music? (10/6/2013 6:36:01 PM)

SSN754planker -> RE: Sound/Music? (10/6/2013 6:53:42 PM)

I would like to see some indicator and cue sounds for certain events such as a weapon launch, or an enemy radar lighting up, or a new contact. I definitely don't want to hear the old harpoon "vampire vampire" repeated over and over again. Simple sound cues will suffice. Sounds of explosions and missile launches aren't even necessary.

FireForEffect -> RE: Sound/Music? (10/8/2013 3:46:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nukkxx

I definitely need sound. No music but sound. Engines, bombs, missiles, radars, radio, etc.
We definitely need sounds. [8D]

+1

smudge56 -> RE: Sound/Music? (10/8/2013 11:32:28 AM)

Sound yes please music not that bothered.

spelk -> RE: Sound/Music? (10/8/2013 11:46:30 AM)

Found the perfect background music

Soundtrack to Introversions Defcon game!

http://www.introversion.co.uk/store/

http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/DEFCON+Soundtrack/8189305

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey1-fx_1xlI&list=PLXyU3_p8d5cVfZPNpzFJmAugUyqkIdB8u`

nukkxx5058 -> RE: Sound/Music? (10/8/2013 12:47:48 PM)

Well, background soundtrack could help a bit and give the impression of the eal stuff. But we mostly need real game sounds. Active sounds : When I activate sensors I'd like to here some beeps, when I look at magazine I'd like to hear a specific sound, when I click on a sub I'd like the sub typical sound with echoe and pings, when I click on a carrier I'd like aircraft engines. When I fire a bomb or missile I'd like the stuff real noise. etc etc etc.

Well, nothing extraordinary; just what we find in all other games. Given the price of the product I think we are entitled to expect nice sounds ;-)

No ?

nukkxx5058 -> RE: Sound/Music? (10/8/2013 12:48:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nukkxx

Well, background soundtrack could help a bit. But we mostly need real game sounds. Active sounds : When I activate sensors I'd like to here some beeps, when I look at magazine I'd like to hear a specific sound, when I click on a sub I'd like the sub typical sound with echoe and pings, when I click on a carrier I'd like aircraft engines. When I fire a bomb or missile I'd like the stuff real noise. etc etc etc.

Well, nothing extraordinary; just what we find in all other games. Given the price of the product I think we are entitled to expect nice sounds ;-)

No ?

quote:

nd give the impression of the eal stuff. But we mostly need real game sounds. Active sounds : When I activate sensors I'd like to here some b

Fishbed -> RE: Sound/Music? (10/8/2013 1:37:29 PM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ9NWeL1oys
http://youtu.be/8JoVpg_K6jA?t=2m2s
http://youtu.be/360uFoaTCN8?t=1m31s

'Nuff said!

smudge56 -> RE: Sound/Music? (10/8/2013 1:42:46 PM)

Sub command had good sounds.

HudsonGame -> RE: Sound/Music? (10/14/2013 10:08:59 PM)

Yes, sound effects would be nice. I liked them in the Harpoon games. Music, only if it can be turned down or off. Maybe Victory at Sea. Anyway, that is my two cents worth. Thanks[;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI