Useless Plimus (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

DBeves -> Useless Plimus (9/24/2013 9:08:11 PM)

Frigging useless download from Plimus AGAIN. Every time I buy something from matrix same problem. Crappy speed - or craps out.

12KB ps speed 14 hours to download.

they say use a download manager - fine - but none of them support the Http protocal for downloads in the free versions. So I spend 64 quid on a game and then have to buy a piece of software just to be able to get the download.
Never had any of these issues with Digital River.

Just so you know matrix

Done

star downloader - does not support the link sent http
get right - - does not support the link sent http
flash get - - does not support the link sent http
DAP - half way through craps out - then goes to a non resume supported 12 Kps download speed
Windows - 12 KBps...

Every time I buy something the same thing ...

Banquet -> RE: Useless Plimus (9/24/2013 9:11:03 PM)

Agreed, it's rubbish. Not even sure my download is still working, been stuck on 6 hours remaining for ages. This is the first game I've bought from Matrix for a while and it will be the last if they think it's good enough to provide a 2.5 gig download at 29k a sec

Paul Wykes -> RE: Useless Plimus (9/24/2013 9:14:45 PM)

I wouldn`t have thought it would make a difference, but did you go via the slitherine web site as you are in the UK? I got 4/mb sec. I did use Jdownloader.

DBeves -> RE: Useless Plimus (9/24/2013 9:17:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paul Wykes

I wouldn`t have thought it would make a difference, but did you go via the slitherine web site as you are in the UK? I got 4/mb sec. I did use Jdownloader.

The download links is from plimus - not matrix or slitherene - I cant see why it would make a difference ?

Makes me laugh - says the link is only valid for 14 days - its going to take me that long to download the thing...

I dont have this issue from any other place or vendor - only matrix and plimus every time....

Paul Wykes -> RE: Useless Plimus (9/24/2013 9:22:27 PM)

Yea, I`m sure your right, like I said, I wouldn`t have thought it would make a difference....

jmscho -> RE: Useless Plimus (9/24/2013 9:27:55 PM)

Based in UK - no problems with download - took about an hour. Already played the Sub tutorial (Major Victory).

The only problem was my credit card blocking payment - said it looked like fraud. Time to change credit card.

Banquet -> RE: Useless Plimus (9/24/2013 9:52:55 PM)

download started off quick enough at 4pm, but later reduced to a crawl

mattpenfold -> RE: Useless Plimus (9/24/2013 10:06:56 PM)

I am using Free Download Manager, which is downloading the game just fine. It is going to take all night, but that is only because I have a very slowed ADSL connection. The download is actually going as fast as it can do.

It would seem the problem might be with your setup.

Banquet -> RE: Useless Plimus (9/24/2013 10:07:55 PM)

It's not a problem with my setup - I've tested other downloads at 400k/sec

Erik Rutins -> RE: Useless Plimus (9/24/2013 11:03:43 PM)

Hi guys,

The store downloads actually come from Amazon's Cloud, which provides a lot more downloads and bandwidth than anything our store can use up. Typically when an issue appears, it's related to something on the internet between you and our servers, or with your ISP. The order e-mail includes some suggestions on download managers that work with our store downloads. If you cannot get the download to complete, please contact our help desk - they can also try to get you a new temporary download link from another server, or provide you the game from our own Matrix servers as a backup.

Regards,

- Erik

DBeves -> RE: Useless Plimus (9/24/2013 11:39:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mattpenfold

I am using Free Download Manager, which is downloading the game just fine. It is going to take all night, but that is only because I have a very slowed ADSL connection. The download is actually going as fast as it can do.

It would seem the problem might be with your setup.

Right - so its a problem with my setup ? - that doesnt affect anything else in the entire internet just Plimus and Matrix downloads - not steam, gamersgate, battlefront, itunes, netflix ? . Right OK - that sounds like my setup. The internet is wrong and plimus is right ?

This hasnt just happened with this game - but every single game I have bought since the switch to plimus.

thewood1 -> RE: Useless Plimus (9/25/2013 12:03:45 AM)

Funny, I have been having the issue with Gamersgate, but not with Plimus. Gamersgate told me to contact my ISP (Verizon FIOS). Within 24 hours it was up to speed. I felt exactly the same way and sent a couple screaming emails to gamersgate about it.

BletchleyGeek -> RE: Useless Plimus (9/25/2013 12:09:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DBeves

Frigging useless download from Plimus AGAIN. Every time I buy something from matrix same problem. Crappy speed - or craps out.

12KB ps speed 14 hours to download.

they say use a download manager - fine - but none of them support the Http protocal for downloads in the free versions. So I spend 64 quid on a game and then have to buy a piece of software just to be able to get the download.
Never had any of these issues with Digital River.

Just so you know matrix

Done

star downloader - does not support the link sent http
get right - - does not support the link sent http
flash get - - does not support the link sent http
DAP - half way through craps out - then goes to a non resume supported 12 Kps download speed
Windows - 12 KBps...

Every time I buy something the same thing ...

Internet Downloader manager works mostly fine. The one snag is that sometimes it fails to "christen" the file with the proper name and extension (which you can solve by renaming it yourself). I downloaded the whole thing after about 45mins, hitting an average speed of 1.5 MB/sec.

Regarding Digital River: I remember than downloading Hired Guns back in 2008 took me not least than 10 attempts. That was also a game in the >1GB size range. But indeed, Plimus seems to have problems scaling up, even if its tapping the vast resources of the Amazon S3 cloud...

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: Useless Plimus (9/25/2013 3:30:38 AM)

Sorry you guys are having a problem but it downloaded fine for me 1300-1500k a sec.  In fact it was smooth.

AGM115 -> RE: Useless Plimus (9/25/2013 3:39:07 AM)

Hello all,

Felt like registering on the forum to voice my disappointment too at the poor download speed received at launch day. In the grand scheme of things it matters very little but it is very frustrating as I've been waiting for this for a long time.

I know nothing of what happens behind the computer screen in terms of connections and who sends what to where, all I know is that as an end user this thing was telling me 8 hours to download 2.5Gig which is a little silly.
I went to bed and got up early to find the file completely downloaded only to be corrupted when trying to unzip! argh!
Anyway I'm downloading again at a healthy 1MB/s now, so something must have changed between last night and this morning.

Others have made the point already that this doesn't happen with other big internet stores - I use Netflix and Steam a lot and have never had any issues. This is the first time I have bought a new release from Matrix and I have never had any issues with them before, but it has all been promotions on older games etc.

As I said it's a minor point, only an evening wasted, but if your outsourced merchant/download (I really don't know what they're called) provider is telling you that everything is hunky-dory and going to plan, you are being taken for a ride because there were users out there with significant issues.

Regards,

AGM115

IainMcNeil -> RE: Useless Plimus (9/25/2013 9:28:25 AM)

Hi guys,

we are looking in to it but these files as Erik says are on the Amazon cloud. This is a massive network of servers and the Command release is a blip to them. We're chasing to see if there is anything that can be done but it may be it is an issue between you and the server and if so there isn't anything we can do. If there is an issue we can fix we will.

Thanks for you patience.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI