The Mulligan (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

topeverest -> The Mulligan (9/28/2013 2:36:31 AM)

So I handed my esteemed opponent a CV thrashing that moves our game to late war allied CV supremacy, and I decided to offer him a mulligan, which he took. Here's to more middle war shenanigans! I don't get tired of this part of the war.

Anyone else ever do this?

Commander Stormwolf -> RE: The Mulligan (9/28/2013 3:41:02 AM)

aah.. remember once when the opponent DEMANDED a mulligan after the midway battle

it was the "bore in the pacific" AAR where I hid for several months. he captured basically every possible base (noumea, port Moresby, Johnston island, Palmyra, paradrop at hilo :O)

and then.. my 5 x USN CV with 60 F4F and 36 SBD each sank 3 carriers at midway for no losses :)

and then.. invaded paramushiro jima in mid 1942,

and then.. sank yamato and 6 other BB while he tried to retake paramushiro

and then.. same more carriers during the second battle of paramushiro

and then.. was about to invade japan in late 1942

basically won the war without losing anything bigger than a CA (no BB, no CV lost)

so no. no mulligan was given after midway.

a lesson to people who gamble with their carriers to plant their flag on worthless bases :)

tocaff -> RE: The Mulligan (9/28/2013 11:56:59 AM)

I'm against mulligans as we have our electrons live and die by what we do and move on from there.

Feltan -> RE: The Mulligan (9/28/2013 12:29:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tocaff

I'm against mulligans as we have our electrons live and die by what we do and move on from there.

+1

Digital casualties don't get a do-over!

Regards,
Feltan

dr.hal -> RE: The Mulligan (9/28/2013 12:52:09 PM)

I hate to display my ignorance, which is on display oh so often, but what is a "Mulligan"??????

alimentary -> RE: The Mulligan (9/28/2013 1:10:26 PM)

It's a "do over".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulligan_(games)

PaxMondo -> RE: The Mulligan (9/28/2013 1:42:23 PM)

Yeah, old term, but you hardly ever hear it except on golf courses now ...

dr.hal -> RE: The Mulligan (9/28/2013 2:33:30 PM)

Got it, thanks. I guess that shows I don't play golf!

Chickenboy -> RE: The Mulligan (9/28/2013 5:39:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dr.hal

And that, in turn, shows me that you're a man of refined taste. "'Tis a good walk, spoilt", quoth Twain. [:)]

JocMeister -> RE: The Mulligan (9/28/2013 6:26:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: topeverest

So I handed my esteemed opponent a CV thrashing that moves our game to late war allied CV supremacy, and I decided to offer him a mulligan, which he took. Here's to more middle war shenanigans! I don't get tired of this part of the war.

Anyone else ever do this?

Thats very honourably of you. But I think you will come to regret that. [:)]

People place too much value in CVs. They are nice to have but certainly not necessary to advance outside CENTPAC.

JeffroK -> RE: The Mulligan (9/28/2013 11:01:50 PM)

Bad move, better your opponent learn from his mistakes.

dr.hal -> RE: The Mulligan (9/29/2013 1:00:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: dr.hal

And that, in turn, shows me that you're a man of refined taste. "'Tis a good walk, spoilt", quoth Twain. [:)]

Why thank you Chickenboy, you are too kind. I for one have never seen the value in the game. Pushing a little white ball around into holes is not my idea of passing time. However pushing keyboard items to move my ships all around the Pacific is certainly important!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI