Pricing on release (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

Alejo1968 -> Pricing on release (9/28/2013 6:53:54 PM)

To the developers team:
There is always lots of discussion about pricing, like the one I have seen with my latest acquicition, Command Modern Naval Air ops.
I dont know if you are aware of our willingnes and resolve to get that what we really like,but tell you this. I have resigned exchanging my Ipad for a newer One as a christmas gift, to be able to get Command Modern Naval Battles and WIF on november.
So, do you want to go for a primium price? Im not afraid.

Damn, I suck negotiating, she always wins. [:@]

Maesphil74 -> RE: Pricing on release (9/28/2013 7:25:04 PM)

It will be expensive, no doubt about it.
I would suggest to publish the price a couple of days (weeks?) before release.

That way the debacle of the command release could be avoided as the release date would not be hampered by discussions like we've seen with the command release in which the price discussion thread was 5 times bigger than all other threads combined [:D]

But this won't happen. [:(]

Rest assured the price elasticity has allready been assesed (if not for WIF, it will be analysed for this producttype). And this will lead to a price where projected profit is maximised.

The pill is ready. Who will swallow.

I will wait for the AI and then make my decision.

warspite1 -> RE: Pricing on release (9/28/2013 7:36:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fleming

It will be expensive, no doubt about it.
I would suggest to publish the price a couple of days (weeks?) before release.

That way the debacle of the command release could be avoided as the release date would not be hampered by discussions like we've seen with the command release in which the price discussion thread was 5 times bigger than all other threads combined [:D]

But this won't happen. [:(]

Rest assured the price elasticity has allready been assesed (if not for WIF, it will be analysed for this producttype). And this will lead to a price where projected profit is maximised.

The pill is ready. Who will swallow.

I will wait for the AI and then make my decision.
warspite1

I'll swallow - at the earliest moment I possibly can. I can't wait for this baby!

petracelli -> RE: Pricing on release (9/28/2013 7:42:51 PM)

Credit card ready....

rowan8915 -> RE: Pricing on release (9/28/2013 8:50:45 PM)

I shall bite the bullet and pay the price, too much work has been done and darn it looks so good!

Alejo1968 -> RE: Pricing on release (9/28/2013 8:55:39 PM)

Wait! Mine was a joke!, please the comment was not intended to iniciate a debate about pricing [&:]
On the other side, IT IS true I got to a deal with my wife [:D]
So instant purchase when it comes

DQ2004 -> RE: Pricing on release (9/29/2013 5:16:18 AM)

Like others, I don't care about the price. I would like to know, just so I can budget for it, but I will be buying it regardless, ASAP.

Newbie to posting although I have been watching the MWIF forum for many years.
Well done to the developers and the testers and especially Steve and also the guys who have worked so hard on the maps & the unit write-ups etc.
Have the board game but not always the time or space to play it, so I am currently super-excited for November!

Regards,
Toby

Orm -> RE: Pricing on release (9/29/2013 7:20:16 AM)

Welcome to the forum, Toby.

richholling -> RE: Pricing on release (9/30/2013 11:27:00 PM)

Surely in 2013 it'll be a free download on Facebook and we just have to pay for extra units.....

WIF_Killzone -> RE: Pricing on release (9/30/2013 11:40:13 PM)

Squad Leader, yum, played that, great game but WIF is better, IMHO. Is there computer version, drool?

Alejo1968 -> RE: Pricing on release (10/1/2013 2:39:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: WIF_Killzone

Squad Leader, yum, played that, great game but WIF is better, IMHO. Is there computer version, drool?

SL has a place in my heart because is the one that started everything more than 25 years ago. I mean my terminal illness (Boardgames).

Mundy -> RE: Pricing on release (10/1/2013 1:37:03 PM)

I would say that whatever the price, it would still dwarf that of the whole boardgame set.

Ed-

Alejo1968 -> RE: Pricing on release (10/1/2013 2:24:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mundy

I would say that whatever the price, it would still dwarf that of the whole boardgame set.

Ed-

Agree

Alejo.

HansHafen -> RE: Pricing on release (10/2/2013 1:03:34 AM)

MWIF is a unique project and will require a unique price. Let's all guess and see who is closest on the date of release. The winner(s) will receive acclaim and forum prestige. I guess $199.00 US dollars.

aspqrz02 -> RE: Pricing on release (10/2/2013 2:00:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansHafen
MWIF is a unique project and will require a unique price. Let's all guess and see who is closest on the date of release. The winner(s) will receive acclaim and forum prestige. I guess $199.00 US dollars.

The size of the printed manual alone would suggest a very high price. I hope that it's considerably lower than $199, though I expect it to be over $100 ... at the high end, I don't know whether I would get it right away or not. Eventually? Sure. But not on release.

Dunno about others, though (of course)[&:]

Phil

Numdydar -> RE: Pricing on release (10/2/2013 2:10:41 AM)

Well Command: Modern Naval ops just released as a flagship game for $94.99 for the boxed version with a full color printed manual. So I suspect that WiF might be a little higher at $99.99 so as to cover the extra manuals in the game and not exceed the magical $100 mark [:)].

If anyone here has any marketing experience, it still amazes me that that extra $0.01 in prices really does make that much of a difference. Just like going into 3 digits ($100+) versus staying under that (at $99.99). So I seriously doubt it will cost over $100. But maybe Steve needs extra money for his renovation so the price will go higher lol.

aspqrz02 -> RE: Pricing on release (10/2/2013 5:25:53 AM)

From what I understand of pricing for print products (tabletop pen and paper role playing games, see my Sig below) print RPG books are priced at 5-6 times the printing/layout/cost in order to make a profit. Based on it being a P&P RPG Book (which is a huge assumption, and almost certainly not completely accurate), I'd guess that the three books for WiF would cost out at around $4-6 depending on the size of the print run, paper quality, number of b&w vs colour pages, artwork other than screenshots (if any) and the like. Around 2/3rds that if they were softcover ... but I believe they're supposed to be hardcover

Again, assuming they were RPG books, that would mean that I'd guess you'd be looking at $20-36 per book, if they were being sold retail as stand alone books.

So, the books alone are nominally worth $90-110 or thereabouts (assuming 700+ pages between the three) ... add this to the price of the actual game itself ... assuming some similarity with WitP, with one game book, that would mean about $65 + $75 or around $140.

However, there is reason to believe that the game will be priced more like CMANO, so about $100 + 75 or around $175.

Now, that's piling conjecture on supposition - I have a fair handle on RPG pricing, at least the ballpark, but I am not the slightest bit au fait with Computer game pricing ... however, I'd suggest that the $140-175 figures I have suggested are probably in the ballpark, give or take.

YMMV.

Phil

Greyshaft -> RE: Pricing on release (10/2/2013 6:52:01 AM)

I'm guessing this will be set as a flagship product to firmly break through the $100 barrier and set a new pricing benchmark so $150 seems a fair guess ... plus shipping and handling of course

Numdydar -> RE: Pricing on release (10/2/2013 2:28:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: aspqrz

From what I understand of pricing for print products (tabletop pen and paper role playing games, see my Sig below) print RPG books are priced at 5-6 times the printing/layout/cost in order to make a profit. Based on it being a P&P RPG Book (which is a huge assumption, and almost certainly not completely accurate), I'd guess that the three books for WiF would cost out at around $4-6 depending on the size of the print run, paper quality, number of b&w vs colour pages, artwork other than screenshots (if any) and the like. Around 2/3rds that if they were softcover ... but I believe they're supposed to be hardcover

Again, assuming they were RPG books, that would mean that I'd guess you'd be looking at $20-36 per book, if they were being sold retail as stand alone books.

So, the books alone are nominally worth $90-110 or thereabouts (assuming 700+ pages between the three) ... add this to the price of the actual game itself ... assuming some similarity with WitP, with one game book, that would mean about $65 + $75 or around $140.

However, there is reason to believe that the game will be priced more like CMANO, so about $100 + 75 or around $175.

Now, that's piling conjecture on supposition - I have a fair handle on RPG pricing, at least the ballpark, but I am not the slightest bit au fait with Computer game pricing ... however, I'd suggest that the $140-175 figures I have suggested are probably in the ballpark, give or take.

YMMV.

Phil

I have to disagree with your analysis about printing. Printing costs in volume these days are extremely cheap. Especially for someone like Matrix. Additionally, the coding cost is far more costly than the printing cost. So they are not looking to make a profit on the manuals since without the code they would be pretty much useless [:)]. So the manuals are there to support the code base, not to be their own profit center.

There is also no way they could even come close to covering the development cost of the game either. So any 'normalized' P&L analysis on cost of goods sold and selling price has no real meaning in this case.

This entire effort was really a labor of love by Steve and Steve alone. To be honest, it was the only way this conversion was ever going to happen. If a typical game company developed this using a normal' development cycle, the game would have costed over $1M imho. But obviously that is just a wag [:)].

Steve stated that by his calulation, he has spent 99 months working on the game. Which is about 8 years. Assuming a normal work load over that period, that is about 16,000 man hours by Steve alone. But it is most likely higher than that [:)]

If we assume a 30% profit magrin (which is pretty high. After all Matrix is NOT Apple lol), Steve gets a 20% cut of the profits, and the game sells for $100 we have 0.3 * 0.2 * $100 = $6 that Steve would get from every sale. Let's be optimistic and say that 100,000 copies are sold [:)] That would mean that Steve would get $600K. Not too bad right?

But then divide the $600K by the number of hours so we have $600,000/16,000 and we get about $35/hour. Pretty cheap for a programer of Steve's talents.

Of course if they only sell 50K units then Steve's cut is halved to only $17.50. If 10K then Steve is down to $3.50/hour.

My guess at this point is that while Steve certainly deserves as much as he can get from the sales of WiF, the pricing of the game will have little to do with the cost of manuals or providing Steve with a decent hourly rate. The price will be set to move units. So I would be very surprised if the price was over the $100 mark since it wold be a huge departure for Matrix to price a game that high.

This of course does not mean they can't or will not, but crossing that $100 mark is a HUGE deal in a LOT of customer's eyes. Especially for a very nich game like this. Regardless of how well done it is.

As far as the customer population goes, I am positive Matrix and ADG know exactly how many people subscribe to both sites for this game. If they assume that this represents the 'buy' population then they have a pretty good idea for the amout of expected sales between release and the end of 2013.

They can futher assume that this represents the top 20% (or maybe 10%) of the entire WiF customer base. So they can also expect a lot smaller sell rate from this larger population as time goes on. So if there is 1,000 people in the 'buy' population, this means that the entire population that could be interested in buying the game is about 100K.

Assume this would mean about an 80% buy rate in the 'buy' population and maybe a 20-30% (if that) in the rest of the population. That would mean a projected units sold of 20-25K.

They can take the sell rate of Command (which is selling pretty well but has a much higher 'buy' population than WiF) and do various projections on price points and impact on sales and determine what the best price compared to units sold would be.

So this is a rough idea of how the process will work. In WiF's case, the price point will be determined to sell the maximum number of units and at the same time maximize profits. Not so much as to recoop Steve's LoE (sorry Steve).

So the pricing of manuals, CDs, etc. would all be contained in the cost of goods sold. From that point it is just a question of the difference in the sell price and the cost of goods (i.e. the cost to actually print, box the game, etc.) that determines how much pie (profit) there is to be passed around to all the interested parties, Matrix, Steve, ADG, etc.

Based on the above, I can easily see a $99.99 price point. But anything over that, will definately need to be well justified to the community.

There was a huge discussion over at the Distant Worlds forum about how much the base game and all the expansions would cost in order to have a 'good' gaming experience. Befiore Shadows was released, Ledgends was the third expansion. For a new person, the total cost to get to Ledgends was $125, base game $50, each expansion $25. A lot of people refused to buy the game because of this. While not quite an apple to apple comparision, it is still telling how people feel about price points above $100 for a computer game.

Of course if Matrix wanted to maximize the profits from just the 'buy' population then they can set the price at wherever they want [:)]

The other thing to remember in all of this is that, we, the potential customers, will be paying AGIAN for the game when the AI is released, hopefully next year. Command HAS an AI, WiF will not at release. So this needs to have a major impact on the price point as well.

The only game of similar nature is Decision Games War in Europe which does not have an AI either (and never plans on having one). It sells for $60. http://shop.decisiongames.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=2100 So with the extras and the planed AI release for WiF, I again can easily see a $99 (or less) price point for the game. Especially since we will be shelling out an unknown amount at a future point for an AI [:(]

Joseignacio -> RE: Pricing on release (10/2/2013 2:50:31 PM)

I wonder what the price will be. I have friends who are waiting for the game, and even one of them was thinking of offering himself as a betatester now (I think he will finally not do it), long time WIF gamers. When I was guessing maybe the game could cost 60 €, they thought I was mad. They said without an AI the game was mainly a version of a Wargameroom WIF, saving some differences, and those are for free.

I mentioned it's not the same in many aspects, including the much higher complexity of MWIF, but they said that was excesive for a no-AI game.

I guess how many surprises we are going to see if the game crosses the 100$ or 150$ barrier. maybe there will be 200 or 300 sold in all. I hope I am wrong.

Another very important thing would be (in case it's decided to do it this way) to sell the product with a special small upgrade cost when there is an AI, this could change completely the perception, since it would not be seen as a wargameroom game or a no-Ai game any more.

composer99 -> RE: Pricing on release (10/2/2013 2:56:36 PM)

As a point of reference purchasing "super-deluxe" tabletop WiF (the game with all the bells & whistles) from ADG directly costs $500 ($499, of course) US, and the newest kit (Khaki in Flames, which gives the Commonwealth units a new colour scheme as well as, if memory serves, revising their carrier plane weights and adding some other units) is $70 (okay, $69) US.

Personally speaking, any cost of $150 or less for MWiF makes it totally worth it, price-wise.

I would expect there would be some disparity in priority between people who are used to shelling out for WIF boardgame products (and shelling out to travel to Cons), who will probably be happy to pay a higher price for MWiF if they think it's worth having, and people who aren't.

aspqrz02 -> RE: Pricing on release (10/2/2013 3:44:18 PM)

Indeed. Printing cost in bulk has always been cheap.

The cost per book I have suggested, however, is the print + artwork + layout cost per book, breaking down the budget over an expected print run ... the figures I cited assume somewhere around 1000-2000 copies ... of RPG Books ... which is a damn good run for an indy RPG, hell, even for a professional RPG company other than Hasbro, probably.

There are things that would go into an RPG book ... artwork, for example ... that are, essentially, free in a Computer Game manual ... but the cost of full colour printing runs it up, as doesn hardcover binding.

And, of course, lets get real here, does anyone expect CWiF to actually SELL, initially, more than 1000-2000 copies? This isn't "Total War: Rome", it's a niche product. I don't see Matrix ordering more than 1000-2000 printed manuals up front ... too risky, I would suggest (your analysis of print costs assumes, whether you realise it or not, a hell of a lot more than 1000 being printed at once).

As for the idea that RPG writers charge a living wage for what they do, or that they actually get that much back from sales ... well, maybe Hasbro makes money, and maybe anyone who writes for them makes a modest living and there are a few others that do reasonably well ... but the smaller companies? Most, if you look at their longevity, are obviously hand to mouth vanity presses ... very few people make a living in the RPG industry from writing RPG books.

So, in this particular instance, I suspect that the coder(s) won't get anything close to a living wage on the level of hours spent, but that doesn't change the publishing costs overall.

But, hey, seriously, what do I know? I already said that it was based on figures that were as like as not meaningless in a Computer Game sense.

I'll stick with the mid to high 100's as a reasonable guesstimate ... and we'll see in November who's correct.

Phil

bo -> RE: Pricing on release (10/2/2013 3:53:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

quote:

YMMV.

Phil

I have to disagree with your analysis about printing. Printing costs in volume these days are extremely cheap. Especially for someone like Matrix. Additionally, the coding cost is far more costly than the printing cost. So they are not looking to make a profit on the manuals since without the code they would be pretty much useless [:)]. So the manuals are there to support the code base, not to be their own profit center.

There is also no way they could even come close to covering the development cost of the game either. So any 'normalized' P&L analysis on cost of goods sold and selling price has no real meaning in this case.

This entire effort was really a labor of love by Steve and Steve alone. To be honest, it was the only way this conversion was ever going to happen. If a typical game company developed this using a normal' development cycle, the game would have costed over $1M imho. But obviously that is just a wag [:)].

Steve stated that by his calulation, he has spent 99 months working on the game. Which is about 8 years. Assuming a normal work load over that period, that is about 16,000 man hours by Steve alone. But it is most likely higher than that [:)]

If we assume a 30% profit magrin (which is pretty high. After all Matrix is NOT Apple lol), Steve gets a 20% cut of the profits, and the game sells for $100 we have 0.3 * 0.2 * $100 = $6 that Steve would get from every sale. Let's be optimistic and say that 100,000 copies are sold [:)] That would mean that Steve would get $600K. Not too bad right?

But then divide the $600K by the number of hours so we have $600,000/16,000 and we get about $35/hour. Pretty cheap for a programer of Steve's talents.

Of course if they only sell 50K units then Steve's cut is halved to only $17.50. If 10K then Steve is down to $3.50/hour.

My guess at this point is that while Steve certainly deserves as much as he can get from the sales of WiF, the pricing of the game will have little to do with the cost of manuals or providing Steve with a decent hourly rate. The price will be set to move units. So I would be very surprised if the price was over the $100 mark since it wold be a huge departure for Matrix to price a game that high.

This of course does not mean they can't or will not, but crossing that $100 mark is a HUGE deal in a LOT of customer's eyes. Especially for a very nich game like this. Regardless of how well done it is.

As far as the customer population goes, I am positive Matrix and ADG know exactly how many people subscribe to both sites for this game. If they assume that this represents the 'buy' population then they have a pretty good idea for the amout of expected sales between release and the end of 2013.

They can futher assume that this represents the top 20% (or maybe 10%) of the entire WiF customer base. So they can also expect a lot smaller sell rate from this larger population as time goes on. So if there is 1,000 people in the 'buy' population, this means that the entire population that could be interested in buying the game is about 100K.

Assume this would mean about an 80% buy rate in the 'buy' population and maybe a 20-30% (if that) in the rest of the population. That would mean a projected units sold of 20-25K.

They can take the sell rate of Command (which is selling pretty well but has a much higher 'buy' population than WiF) and do various projections on price points and impact on sales and determine what the best price compared to units sold would be.

So this is a rough idea of how the process will work. In WiF's case, the price point will be determined to sell the maximum number of units and at the same time maximize profits. Not so much as to recoop Steve's LoE (sorry Steve).

So the pricing of manuals, CDs, etc. would all be contained in the cost of goods sold. From that point it is just a question of the difference in the sell price and the cost of goods (i.e. the cost to actually print, box the game, etc.) that determines how much pie (profit) there is to be passed around to all the interested parties, Matrix, Steve, ADG, etc.

Based on the above, I can easily see a $99.99 price point. But anything over that, will definately need to be well justified to the community.

There was a huge discussion over at the Distant Worlds forum about how much the base game and all the expansions would cost in order to have a 'good' gaming experience. Befiore Shadows was released, Ledgends was the third expansion. For a new person, the total cost to get to Ledgends was $125, base game $50, each expansion $25. A lot of people refused to buy the game because of this. While not quite an apple to apple comparision, it is still telling how people feel about price points above $100 for a computer game.

Of course if Matrix wanted to maximize the profits from just the 'buy' population then they can set the price at wherever they want [:)]

The other thing to remember in all of this is that, we, the potential customers, will be paying AGIAN for the game when the AI is released, hopefully next year. Command HAS an AI, WiF will not at release. So this needs to have a major impact on the price point as well.

The only game of similar nature is Decision Games War in Europe which does not have an AI either (and never plans on having one). It sells for $60. http://shop.decisiongames.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=2100 So with the extras and the planed AI release for WiF, I again can easily see a $99 (or less) price point for the game. Especially since we will be shelling out an unknown amount at a future point for an AI [:(]

I was going to post the very same words Numdydar [:D] word for word. Ok I lied. Well said SIR!

Bo

Numdydar -> RE: Pricing on release (10/2/2013 6:15:00 PM)

quote:

I'll stick with the mid to high 100's as a reasonable guesstimate ... and we'll see in November who's correct.

Phil

You really think a game WITHOUT an AI should cost 50% more than a currently released game WITH an AI? Now I totally agree the FINAL price of the initial game along with the EXTRA cost that would be needed to pay for the AI could reach the low $100's as a total price.

However, I think Matrix is smarter than that (because they have all the data and we do not). If I was making the call on pricing, I would plan on a final price of the game WITH an AI to sell at the $99.99 price point. This is because once the AI is available, they will agian be looking at the same information as before EXECPT they will had hard numbers of exactly how many bought the non-AI version. This makes the whole pricing scenerio somewhat easier as I would guess an 80-90% conversion rate from the non-AI version to the AI version.

Plus, a lot of the WiF customer population will hold off on purchasing the game until it has an AI. Pricing the game too high after it has an AI will then allow it to be compared to other games in the market place. Again pricing it too far out the industry standards, even though it is not fair since WiF is such a nich product, it will still cause bad press and people complaining which will reduce sales.

Of course early adopters who buy the game without an AI will pay a premimum for purchasing the non-AI version and then paying again for the AI version (although with a discount of some kind). probably $30 or $40 extra in total.

So initial game without an AI would sell for $69.99 would be my guess.

Game with an AI $99.99

Upgarde to AI version from non-AI version $19.99 (a $10 discount which is similar to other discounts Matrix has provide when thing like this occur)

Comparing this to the board game prices only make sense if you are planning on buying the board game and would rather buy this instead [:)] The Master WiF edition which thay are selling for $199 AU has less than 500 orders. So if Matrix only want to sell 500 units then they too can price it as high as they want. It is like the little girl selling a glass of lenonade for $1M. She only needs to sell one [:D]. Somehow, I think Matrix et el wants to sell a few more than that [:)]. Especially if not even one would sell at that price [:D]

While WiF fans would pay a higher price to have the game they love computerized, I am sure the goal here is to get new peple who like these kinds of games (like me) that have never played the board game (like me) into buying the game (again like me).

I can assure you that if the game price is too high, like $125 total or more, I will not buy it at all with or without an AI. Why? Becuase I can buy 2-3+ other games from Matrix/others at full price for the cost of one. Agin people with friends who played the game before etc. then no price is too high almost [:)]. But for those that would like to buy it just because we think we MIGHT like it, a too high price is definately going to be a deal breaker.

paulderynck -> RE: Pricing on release (10/2/2013 7:06:18 PM)

Just to prevent unintended confusion - the Master WiF edition is not the same game at all. It is a division level version with different rules. ADG does not make a print run of a new game until orders reach a predetermined level. The market is too small for them to take a bath printing a 1000 units and then getting orders for 100.

bo -> RE: Pricing on release (10/2/2013 7:49:30 PM)

Hi Num

You are a very thoughtful person and a lot of what you say is true, BUT, I am going to have to respectively disagree with you on a couple of issues you brought up.

Now I never played the board game, any board games are not my kind of game. I believe, but could be very wrong that the board game players might not give a hoot about the AI. They played the game always against a human opponet, they know no other way. I believe their desire will be to play all of their old time friends who played against them for years in apts., homes wherevere. And the answer to that is net play not the AI.

Now this coming from a person [me] who has begged Steve and Matrix for an AI on release, I am very fond of Steve and more so after I met him but he knows my feelings on this. No AI is a bad decision in the initial release, but it is what it is the die is cast and I have to move on from that.

I personally do not care about netplay, the reason being I want to play when I want play. My good friends Bjorn and Peter live in the Europen section of the world and the time difference is 5, 6, or 7 hours not good, hot seat is ok but my sons are into combat mission Normandy and could care less about this game. Now that kinda leaves me playing solo [Ugh] but not really I had to eat crow when I said no game can be played solitaire. This game can be played solitiare.

Now whether you buy the game or not I could care less, why because I aint getting a dime from this beta testing thing and Matrix's sales of this game [:D]

Now the last thing you said actually scares me, we have to have a Budweiser together[sm=00000436.gif] and straighten that out. "I can buy 2 or 3 games from Matrix for the price of MWIF" [&:] Oh you can buy 3 games alright.

Name me those 3 games please so I can get them, how about a remake for Carriers at war, it might be redone, Scourge of War with little horse running all over the place crashing into each other, or maybe another Gary Grigsby monster of a game like his older game WITP, or better yet how about Civil war 2 where no one yet has ever figured out the calculation of combat from the famous Civil war 1 [Blue and the Gray]. Read some of the posts on that one.

I think you are a good guy and I love your posts but this one Hmmmmm. And I hopefully we can disagree with honor [;)] and not this[sm=duel.gif]

composer99 -> RE: Pricing on release (10/2/2013 8:10:42 PM)

Now, now, bo, back in the day, gentlemen of honour would go about settling their differences with a nice, civilized duel. [;)]

warspite1 -> RE: Pricing on release (10/2/2013 8:18:23 PM)

Ahhhhhhhhhh [X(]

Why have peeps from the US suddenly all taken to saying "I could care less" when they mean couldn't care less???

Drives. Me. Potty.

Rant over. Thank-you. [:)]

Numdydar -> RE: Pricing on release (10/2/2013 8:56:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bo

Hi Num

You are a very thoughtful person and a lot of what you say is true, BUT, I am going to have to respectively disagree with you on a couple of issues you brought up.

Now I never played the board game, any board games are not my kind of game. I believe, but could be very wrong that the board game players might not give a hoot about the AI. They played the game always against a human opponet, they know no other way. I believe their desire will be to play all of their old time friends who played against them for years in apts., homes wherevere. And the answer to that is net play not the AI.

Now this coming from a person [me] who has begged Steve and Matrix for an AI on release, I am very fond of Steve and more so after I met him but he knows my feelings on this. No AI is a bad decision in the initial release, but it is what it is the die is cast and I have to move on from that.

I personally do not care about netplay, the reason being I want to play when I want play. My good friends Bjorn and Peter live in the Europen section of the world and the time difference is 5, 6, or 7 hours not good, hot seat is ok but my sons are into combat mission Normandy and could care less about this game. Now that kinda leaves me playing solo [Ugh] but not really I had to eat crow when I said no game can be played solitaire. This game can be played solitiare.

Now whether you buy the game or not I could care less, why because I aint getting a dime from this beta testing thing and Matrix's sales of this game [:D]

Now the last thing you said actually scares me, we have to have a Budweiser together[sm=00000436.gif] and straighten that out. "I can buy 2 or 3 games from Matrix for the price of MWIF" [&:] Oh you can buy 3 games alright.

Name me those 3 games please so I can get them, how about a remake for Carriers at war, it might be redone, Scourge of War with little horse running all over the place crashing into each other, or maybe another Gary Grigsby monster of a game like his older game WITP, or better yet how about Civil war 2 where no one yet has ever figured out the calculation of combat from the famous Civil war 1 [Blue and the Gray]. Read some of the posts on that one.

I think you are a good guy and I love your posts but this one Hmmmmm. And I hopefully we can disagree with honor [;)] and not this[sm=duel.gif]

We may have a language issue and not a disagreement issue [:)]

As far as I can tell, I did not say that the players of the board game would not care about the AI. Of course they would.

The point I was making is that players of the board version would not care as much about the AI as people like myself. So they may be willing to pay a higher price for the game without an AI than someone like me who would not. If the non-AI version is cheap enough then, I may be tempted to give it a shot. If it is not, then I will wait until the AI is ready like a lot of other people are going to do.

As for the other games I would buy instead

Civil War 2 - and yes I have been following the threads there too [:)]
War in the West
Crown of Glory Empire Edition
Buzz Adrian Space Manager
Strategic Command 3

And these are just the ones that Matrix is doing. There are others by other companies that I am interested in too.

While I cannot get everything listed for a high priced WiF, I can certainly get enough to compensate for not buying WiF if the price for it without an AI is too high.

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: Pricing on release (10/2/2013 9:28:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Ahhhhhhhhhh [X(]

Why have peeps from the US suddenly all taken to saying "I could care less" when they mean couldn't care less???

Drives. Me. Potty.

Rant over. Thank-you. [:)]

Usually the person saying "I could care less" means "I couldn't care less". But the former isn't necessarily a mistake. Given the right emphasis on words and intonation it could be a sarcastic comment. Perhaps that will let you be less irritated when you see it in print.

Now about using the word 'utilize' instead of 'use', ...

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI