Newb question- finding a pirate base (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

tylertoo -> Newb question- finding a pirate base (10/1/2013 2:22:13 AM)

Playing as a pirate, there's another pirate faction in my cluster. How do I locate its space port? The diplo screen gives the general area, but I can't locate the base, which I intend to take out. What am I missing?

CyclopsSlayer -> RE: Newb question- finding a pirate base (10/1/2013 3:23:42 AM)

The base can literally be anywhere in that region. Although I usually find them in systems, I have found them in gas clouds.

As well it might be counting a fully developed Pirate Colony as the base, just a guess, but I as well have saturated areas looking for the Pirates to only find nothing. If the base is on a planet, you'll need people on the ground, or a lucky Espionage result to reveal them.

Canute0 -> RE: Newb question- finding a pirate base (10/1/2013 7:43:45 AM)

Try:
- Inteligence mission Steal Teritprial Map.
- explore or reexplore the systems of the area. Maybe use a ship with long range scanner so you don't need to stop at each system.
- capture ship/base reveal sometimes the location.

tylertoo -> RE: Newb question- finding a pirate base (10/1/2013 2:56:09 PM)

Thank you gentlemen. You confirmed what I had been thinking... that you have to search, the pirate's home is not something that immediately shows up in the diplo screen or on the map.

Bingeling -> RE: Newb question- finding a pirate base (10/1/2013 4:49:55 PM)

If you spot their ships, they are on their way somewhere. After battle, often "home". That may help narrow down the area.

tylertoo -> RE: Newb question- finding a pirate base (10/3/2013 2:38:34 AM)

Thanks Bing.

Another question: I just I had taken control of an indie colony and discovered a secret pirate base of my enemy pirate faction. How do I destroy it? Just hit scrap?

Kayoz -> RE: Newb question- finding a pirate base (10/3/2013 3:15:31 AM)

Move some troops to the planet.
Open the colony screen.
Select the planet.
Click on the "facilities" tab.
Select the offending base.
Click "attack"

Mad Igor -> RE: Newb question- finding a pirate base (10/3/2013 7:00:44 PM)

"some" lol you need 5+ to take that out

Kayoz -> RE: Newb question- finding a pirate base (10/4/2013 1:21:30 AM)

Depends - race of troops, experience, etc. And of course, if you have cloning facility and have some buffed troops... oh wait - 1.9.0.11 broke it and there's been no word on if/when it'll be fixed.

I usually divide my troops into small groups of 8-10 troops, moving them around as needed, and massing for invasions. So I guess "a few" in my mind is one of these groups. Ya, 5 might be OK if you're not using Teekans.

Not sure how pirate base strength works, however. Whether or not it's fixed strength or base + something else.

CyclopsSlayer -> RE: Newb question- finding a pirate base (10/4/2013 5:25:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kayoz

Depends - race of troops, experience, etc. And of course, if you have cloning facility and have some buffed troops... oh wait - 1.9.0.11 broke it and there's been no word on if/when it'll be fixed.

I usually divide my troops into small groups of 8-10 troops, moving them around as needed, and massing for invasions. So I guess "a few" in my mind is one of these groups. Ya, 5 might be OK if you're not using Teekans.

Not sure how pirate base strength works, however. Whether or not it's fixed strength or base + something else.

Not sure how the Bases are calculated, but sometimes they have Defending Units, sometimes nothing.

A Pop-Up window that should be added is a worlds have a Pirate base start construction, currently it only alerts you after it is finished being built and you have units available there.

tylertoo -> RE: Newb question- finding a pirate base (10/6/2013 10:17:49 PM)

All right, stupid question #3. From where to player-pirates get troops? Colonies they control? Their own space port?

Canute0 -> RE: Newb question- finding a pirate base (10/7/2013 7:42:15 AM)

Space Port: thats your Pirate base you can build with the construction ship.

Planet: You can takeover a planet when you build a Criminal Network on that planet. That convert your Pirate empire into a regular empire since you own a planet now.

Troops: When you own a planet you can recuit troops there. Before that you only can raid planets with Assault pods.

tylertoo -> RE: Newb question- finding a pirate base (10/7/2013 2:52:32 PM)

Thank you Canute.

So this answer leads me -- with clarity -- back to my earlier situation.

As a pirate, I control a particular colony, and discover that another pirate already has a secret pirate base there. The only way to destroy the base is to land troops, but as I don't yet own any other planets (its early), I have no way to recruit troops and thus have no way at this point in time to attack the secret pirate base.

Is this correct?

Canute0 -> RE: Newb question- finding a pirate base (10/7/2013 3:55:44 PM)

correct, you can't attack a hidden base directly.
Raid the planet over and over. Each raid damage the hidden base or at last got a chance to damage it.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI