Buying Another Monitor (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

MitchRapp -> Buying Another Monitor (10/2/2013 4:44:17 PM)

I can't possibly save the world using only one monitor with this game.

Regards to all.

CoffeeMug -> RE: Buying Another Monitor (10/2/2013 5:03:37 PM)

that's the spirit!

MikeGER -> RE: Buying Another Monitor (10/2/2013 5:35:59 PM)

i wrote in another forum today :

...i would like to live-stream the content of the Command message window to my Note 10.1 Android tablet for improving my little CiC here... [;)]
so something like a remote desktop utility which grabs a non visible W7 window (will it get refreshed in the background by Command? ) or defining a 'virtual' second display (instead the utility in question streams the content to the tablet)

any suggestions out there?

next step would be an official Command CiC App from Matrix /Slitherine [:D]
which has the text window and maybe optional some nice animated buttons too
(which the user can configure himself from a list of functions)

well, if those GTA 5 kids can train there virtual dog with an App, why should a Grog not activate Radar, Sonar, OECM , n' such with a fingertip while Command main display is filling the man cave wall with the help of a beamer [;)]

ExMachina -> RE: Buying Another Monitor (10/2/2013 5:39:11 PM)

I bought a $5 HDMI cable and play Command on my 54" TV [:D]

JRyan -> RE: Buying Another Monitor (10/2/2013 10:06:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ExMachina

I bought a $5 HDMI cable and play Command on my 54" TV [:D]

Mine was $20 and it looks ok....still I play on my 17" Laptop mostly..[:'(]

SilentHunter -> RE: Buying Another Monitor (10/2/2013 10:18:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MitchRapp

I can't possibly save the world using only one monitor with this game.

Regards to all.

Wait, you can't save the world with only two either, you need at least 3, or 4, but then again I'm running 4 and would really like to have 5 for this game. I've already been threatened no more monitors or she gets half in the divorce ! I agree though a minimum of two or one very big one is helpful.

SSN754planker -> RE: Buying Another Monitor (10/3/2013 12:33:18 AM)

wait am i missing something?

why would you need more screen space if you cant have multiple game windows up? (besides the message log?)

SilentHunter -> RE: Buying Another Monitor (10/3/2013 12:39:24 AM)

[image]http://imageshack.us/a/img12/9770/dsc00137po.jpg[/image]

I don't have a current picture to show but for me I run Command on the top three and use the bottom one for the message window. You can drag the database to another monitor or your air ops while keeping track of what's going on the main screen

SSN754planker -> RE: Buying Another Monitor (10/3/2013 12:49:45 AM)

having the message log and air ops and db on a separate monitor would work. but do you have to drag the air ops window back to the other monitor every time you open/close it or does it remember where it was placed?

SilentHunter -> RE: Buying Another Monitor (10/3/2013 12:56:19 AM)

Yes you have to drag it back over currently unless you leave it open. I think I read somewhere it may be addressed to remember window position in the future. Some windows have a dynamic refresh of info and can be left open while others like the report contacts have to be closed and reopened in order to refresh. One downside to have multi monitors though is every click and drag or move of the mouse has to go 3 times as far.

Tomcat84 -> RE: Buying Another Monitor (10/3/2013 1:54:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SilentHunter

I've already been threatened no more monitors or she gets half in the divorce ! I

Then get ten so youll at least have 5 in case of divorce haha

JiminyJickers -> RE: Buying Another Monitor (10/3/2013 2:28:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MikeGER

i wrote in another forum today :

...i would like to live-stream the content of the Command message window to my Note 10.1 Android tablet for improving my little CiC here... [;)]
so something like a remote desktop utility which grabs a non visible W7 window (will it get refreshed in the background by Command? ) or defining a 'virtual' second display (instead the utility in question streams the content to the tablet)

any suggestions out there?

There is an app on the Google play store called idisplay which does exactly that. I had trouble with my wireless at home causing it not to work properly, so I gave up for now. But give it a try.

MitchRapp -> RE: Buying Another Monitor (10/3/2013 2:48:19 PM)

ok, my 2nd one is now set up and what a difference it makes in the game. My 3rd monitor is due tomorrow. Now I have go out and buy the splitter/adapters.

MitchRapp -> RE: Buying Another Monitor (10/3/2013 2:49:52 PM)

SilentHunter: What game it that you're running?

Tomcat84 -> RE: Buying Another Monitor (10/3/2013 3:04:30 PM)

I'm not him but looks like it might be DCS: A-10 ?

SilentHunter -> RE: Buying Another Monitor (10/3/2013 10:17:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MitchRapp

SilentHunter: What game it that you're running?

Yeah that was dcs-10c from a while ago. Another quality simulation.

MikeGER -> RE: Buying Another Monitor (10/4/2013 12:29:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JiminyJickers
There is an app on the Google play store called idisplay which does exactly that. I had trouble with my wireless at home causing it not to work properly, so I gave up for now. But give it a try.

works like a charm [&o] (App has a 3.99e price tag, but i wanted it)

Thank you [:)]

MitchRapp -> RE: Buying Another Monitor (10/4/2013 1:17:03 PM)

I now have a 3rd Monitor I am going to set up this weekend but could use some advice. My setup will consist of 1 32" and 2 22" monitors. If I will use a spliter cable on the 22". Is this the best setup to use? Or, does anyone have a better way to hook up the 3rd monitor.

Thanks

Numdydar -> RE: Buying Another Monitor (10/4/2013 4:24:32 PM)

Get another graphic card that has three DMI's [:)]. Hey you asked for a better solution [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI