Sea of Fire and Sea Dart RoF (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

ExMachina -> Sea of Fire and Sea Dart RoF (10/11/2013 5:04:52 AM)

Playing Sea of Fire from editor mode and I just watched the HMS Coventry fire 4 Sea Darts in just under 4 seconds.

Obviously way too fast, but not sure if a DB, game or scenario issue.

bsq -> RE: Sea of Fire and Sea Dart RoF (10/11/2013 8:43:02 AM)

Indeed way too fast. Launch first two birds towards target - a few seconds between each to avoid fratricide. Return launcher to loading position, open loading doors, slide up next two birds. Run on rail status checks, returning launcher to firing position - perhaps a total of 30 seconds or more between the first and second salvo and maybe even a minute or more.

I don't think reload times are modeled though as I have seen SA-20 empty its TELS and then fire more missiles from the magazine, when this operation takes many 10's of minutes to complete per TEL.

ComDev -> RE: Sea of Fire and Sea Dart RoF (10/11/2013 9:32:15 AM)

This is not intended. Will look into.

dogancan -> RE: Sea of Fire and Sea Dart RoF (10/11/2013 12:17:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bsq
Indeed way too fast. Launch first two birds towards target - a few seconds between each to avoid fratricide. Return launcher to loading position, open loading doors, slide up next two birds. Run on rail status checks, returning launcher to firing position - perhaps a total of 30 seconds or more between the first and second salvo and maybe even a minute or more.

I don't think reload times are modeled though as I have seen SA-20 empty its TELS and then fire more missiles from the magazine, when this operation takes many 10's of minutes to complete per TEL.

From wikipedia page of Sea Dart: "Invincible fired 6 Sea Darts in less than 2 minutes, but all missed." It appears that they succeeded to achieve a 20sec. per missle launch rate.

ExMachina -> RE: Sea of Fire and Sea Dart RoF (10/11/2013 1:06:02 PM)

Thanks Ragnar. Save file attached

MR_BURNS2 -> RE: Sea of Fire and Sea Dart RoF (10/11/2013 3:42:48 PM)

This video shows a twin launcher firing and reloading and gives a good estimation of reloading time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSo3tuC9S_Y

ExMachina -> RE: Sea of Fire and Sea Dart RoF (10/11/2013 3:52:56 PM)

Great video. Do we know how much the reloading procedure/mechanics etc differed 30 years ago?

The (un referenced) Wikipedia article makes it sound like 6 shots delivered in under 2 minutes was considered pretty fast.

bsq -> RE: Sea of Fire and Sea Dart RoF (10/11/2013 5:00:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MR_BURNS2

This video shows a twin launcher firing and reloading and gives a good estimation of reloading time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSo3tuC9S_Y

Its a montage. The true sequence (missile 1, then missile 2 away) backs up my timings BUT the reloads are the red drill rounds - inert, so again not really backing the times up.

6 rounds in 2 mins. Well if the first 4 were all guided at least part of the way, what guided the last 2?

2 x 909, two missiles per 909 = 4 birds in the air to two targets. Of course if the first ones missed very close in, then perhaps you could get the last 2 away and guided. Bear in mind too that you have to get your firing solution in these times as well unless you are engaging the same (missed) targets.

amatteucci -> RE: Sea of Fire and Sea Dart RoF (10/11/2013 5:47:55 PM)

Playing "Operation lion's den" scenario I experienced similar issues. The twin Mk 11 missile launcher of DDG 12 was able to fire four or five SAMs in a row, without pausing for reloading.

ExMachina -> RE: Sea of Fire and Sea Dart RoF (10/11/2013 6:30:50 PM)

quote:

Bear in mind too that you have to get your firing solution in these times as well unless you are engaging the same (missed) targets

That's what the Wikipedia anecdote implied--all 6 Sea Darts were fired the same target(and all missed)

brassem -> RE: Sea of Fire and Sea Dart RoF (10/13/2013 1:33:02 PM)

Glad this issue is being looked into. I will keep retrying this scenario till I get a "Triumph". Those dammed missiles take me out every time.

ExMachina -> RE: Sea of Fire and Sea Dart RoF (10/13/2013 2:05:07 PM)

You can win the scenario despite the Sea Dart problem--simply use your Super Edendards to defuse the Sea Dart problem. As you can see in the screen cap, the UK ships use up a LOT of their missiles on your fighters (they rarely score a hit)--you're basically taking advantage of the AIs proclivity to shoot at low probability-of-hit targets that it somehow has prioritized as high threat.

[image]http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfiles/46273/102B5504FD6E4272BCE7386B282E147C.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI