Battle of Avranches - (GrognardT v TIK) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> After Action Reports

CGGrognard -> Battle of Avranches - (GrognardT v TIK) (10/11/2013 6:40:38 PM)

TIK and I engage in a battle for Avranches. He's posted it on YouTube - Close Combat PitF - TIK vs GrognardT [CCOMP #14]

American armor forces move into the town of Avranches looking to stop the German advances from Operation Luttich.

Dispatched two armored cars at high speed as recon for enemy forces into Avrances. One, as it enters the center of the city at the Tower(5) encounters a Puma firing from the West. It's taken out, however, enemy infantry quickly take out the crew of the armored car. Meanwhile the other armored car in the North is trying to assist a squad in supressing enemy fire. But it is taken out by a Panzer MkIV, and the squad is quickly KIA as enemy troops move in. I move a Sherman in to assist but it's too late, but at least the position of one enemy armor is known.

At the NE entry points, my squads are pinned down by small arms fire and unable to penetrate further into the town. At this point, I only hold one additional victory location and have taken moderate infantry losses. I maneuver a Sherman along the Eastern road South then West while moving a Sherman from along the Northern road to flank the Panzer MkIV. The Sherman used to assist the armored car in the North had identified a second MkIV and briefly engaged it with both pulling back to safer positions. However, the first MkIV is just a block up and takes this Sherman out with a nice shot between the houses.

Back at the NE entry points, my infantry is being decimated by superior squad tactics. I rush my remainng squad in to hold that one vitory location. There is now a Sherman in the South and one in the North moving in on the two Panzers. The one in the South engages on MkIv with no success, but is taken out when the 2nd MkIV teams up on it. My Sherman from the North moves in and is lined up to take out a MkIV when the game freezes.

I didn't take note of infantry killed after the battle, but all but one squad had "fleed" the battlefield. And armor loses were 2 armored cars, 3 or four Shermans and one Wolverine which the crew had been taken out by small arms fire at the Tower (5). My opponents' force, after reviewing the action on YouTube seemed to be in a better position than mine at the end of battle. The battle had some intense moments; in the NorthWest where his MkIVs and my Shermans exchanged shots, and over to the NorthEast where my infantry suffered heavy losses. All in all, it was a good first multiplayer game for me.

I appreciate the challenge TIK had presented and the opportunity to play PitF against a human opponent. After playing the series from the beginning against the AI, multiplayer is definetly much more challenging. This is an open invitation to any challenger in this PitF, or any of the Matrix "remakes" of CC. I'm usually available in the evenings and in EST.

Best Regards
CGGrognard (GrognardT in the lobby)

TIK -> RE: Battle of Avranches - (GrognardT v TIK) (10/16/2013 8:09:55 PM)

Thanks for the AAR Grognard! And GG

Here's the video link if anyone is interested: http://youtu.be/MjNvBkzxyqg

DampSquib -> RE: Battle of Avranches - (GrognardT v TIK) (11/30/2013 11:29:04 PM)

Great Vid.
Nice channel..gave the other vids a look.

Babstar -> RE: Battle of Avranches - (GrognardT v TIK) (12/31/2013 7:09:01 AM)

Nice vids indeed. I'd like to give it a go agains you some time in the new year :)

TIK -> RE: Battle of Avranches - (GrognardT v TIK) (12/31/2013 11:11:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Babstar

Nice vids indeed. I'd like to give it a go agains you some time in the new year :)

Deal. Message me on youtube what days/times you're free and we'll arrange something.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI