Does being on fire make my ship more detectable? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

Temple -> Does being on fire make my ship more detectable? (10/13/2013 4:40:17 AM)

I looked through the e-manual but couldn't find an answer.

I'm playing a night scenario and one of my ships is on fire. It occurs to me that it might not be a good idea to leave my other ships near it as the burning ship would be more detectable... but is that modeled in the game? If it is that would be awesome. And is there a way to check a ship's current visibility level in the game? Again, if it is (or can be made possible) that would be awesome too [:)]

Bedrock -> RE: Does being on fire make my ship more detectable? (10/14/2013 8:50:21 PM)

In one of Baloogans video replays a Chinese Frigate was on fire (Moderate to high damage) and one of his Helicopters was able to give BDA due to the increase on the FLIR sensor. I'm not sure if there is a way to see the visibility that may increase while the unit is on fire but apparently the IR sensors definitely pick it up so I believe it is modeled into the game. As a side note. Flooding on a surface unit can be picked up by submerged units as well. Pretty detailed modeling!

as far as strategy, the cockroach theorem would apply. "Run from the light!" except for the rescue unit (if available) Best tactic is to have the group leave the Datum Point to survive any bearing only attacks or assaults from units using the burning, visible unit as a target point.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI