RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

[Poll]

RUNNING POLL - gameplay features [Feature Requests Go Here]

Downed pilots / CSAR (without using the EE)
  13% (72)
Improve weather modelling (local fronts etc.)
  12% (66)
Dedicated sensor page on DB viewer
  3% (21)
Intermittent sensor settings
  5% (28)
TOT planner/Advance Strike Planner
  29% (155)
Display weapon firing arcs in DB viewer
  1% (7)
Custom draw on map
  3% (16)
Additional contact info for passive sonar contacts
  1% (6)
Ability to group ref points
  0% (2)
Ability to name grouped ref points
  1% (6)
Sprint and drift while on mission
  1% (6)
Order weapons with active datalinks to self destruct
  0% (1)
1/3rd rule option for strike missions
  0% (1)
Multiple map windows
  2% (12)
WEGO MP
  4% (26)
Real-time MP
  9% (48)
Mid-flight mechanical breakdowns on aircraft
  0% (1)
Expand space ops (Shuttle / Skylab, armed sats etc.)
  1% (8)
Sunrise/sunset/nautical twilight calculator
  0% (1)
Option to enable a message when a vehicle reaches a specific waypoint
  0% (3)
Ability to change color of grouped refpoints and shaded patrol areas
  0% (3)
Aircraft Maintenence and Support Crew Modeling
  1% (10)
Player's Alarm Clock
  0% (1)
Collateral Damage Zone (CDZ)
  0% (2)
Unit proficiency affects adherence to ToT
  0% (0)
Optional "Beginner" GUI
  1% (6)
Make sonobuys and refpoints unselectable when invisible
  0% (0)
Ability to deactivate (destruct) sonobuoys
  0% (0)
Use "Areas" or "Routes" to simplify refpoint management
  0% (2)
Display unit thumbnail image right next to unit icon
  0% (0)
Customizeable soundslot per unit-type (hear a sound when select a unit
  0% (0)
Display time at current rate to charge SSK batteries to full
  0% (0)
Lag in obtaining info from non-realtime intel/recon assets
  0% (3)
Hotkey to change sonobuoy visibility
  0% (0)
Attack a Reference Point
  0% (4)
Show unit weapons list (nominal) for identified contacts
  0% (0)
Reverse targeting vectors (show who is targeting selected contact)
  0% (3)
Helo in-flight refuelling (from ships)
  0% (3)
Apply the 1/3 rule to Ferry Flight missions
  0% (1)
Extra filter on DB-viewer for platform sub-type
  0% (0)
Refuel Option: Set amount of fuel to take on
  0% (3)
Ability to resize icons so big icons in small countries don't overlap.
  0% (0)
Message Log option to hide messages that break fog of war.
  0% (0)
Hover (RAST) refueling for helicopters
  0% (2)
Filtering and search added to add cargo dialog
  0% (0)
Ship Towing
  0% (4)

Total Votes : 533
(last vote on : 2/3/2022 4:12:52 PM)
(Poll will run till: -- )

Stevechase -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/7/2013 1:33:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JCR

Hi, a feature I would like would be a doctrine set for surface AAW ships like:
AAW behavior:
- self defense only
- engage missiles and incoming aircraft
- engage everything

It is utterly frustrating to have my air defense vessels waste their SAMs on peripheral targets in their engagement zone that could just as easily been handled by a fighter.

Otherwise I'd like the implementation of day/night limitations for aircraft, as I like old school scens best.

+1

ETF -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/7/2013 10:46:46 PM)

How about Multiplayer!!!

:)

Hannable -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/8/2013 7:40:24 PM)

One thing I would really like to see is a more detailed AAR.

For instance, instead of just what ammo was expended and what was lost, the AAR would tell us what unit was killed, which unit killed it, and what weapon was used. Adding time of kill would be nice, also. I know I enjoy looking over the AAR of other games to see what was truly effective and what wasn't and to know what happened to some of my units - some of those "mystery kills" would be resolved!

edfathead -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/9/2013 12:09:15 AM)

"SPACEBAR AS PAUSE"

snowburn -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/9/2013 2:40:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hannable

One thing I would really like to see is a more detailed AAR.

For instance, instead of just what ammo was expended and what was lost, the AAR would tell us what unit was killed, which unit killed it, and what weapon was used. Adding time of kill would be nice, also. I know I enjoy looking over the AAR of other games to see what was truly effective and what wasn't and to know what happened to some of my units - some of those "mystery kills" would be resolved!

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3449370

quote:

ORIGINAL: edfathead
"SPACEBAR AS PAUSE"

+1000 to that

Agathosdaimon -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/10/2013 5:05:02 AM)

the more i think of it, the more i feel the game does need more realistic weather - ie, the weather should vary not only over time but also in different areas of the map - at least that it is a scenario editor option for determining areas of high and low temperate, light and heavy rain clould cover etc - provided these actually could make a difference in the game? certainly weather still has an effect on technologies today and moreso in the past.
if say one could even simulate the possible occurrence of a hurricane into the scenario area?

JohnSmith -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/10/2013 5:03:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Agathosdaimon

the more i think of it, the more i feel the game does need more realistic weather - ie, the weather should vary not only over time but also in different areas of the map - at least that it is a scenario editor option for determining areas of high and low temperate, light and heavy rain clould cover etc - provided these actually could make a difference in the game? certainly weather still has an effect on technologies today and moreso in the past.
if say one could even simulate the possible occurrence of a hurricane into the scenario area?

Good point! I voted for the Downed pilot feature. Would make it fascinating, sending out SF teams or HAHO/HALO Pararescuemen to secure the location of the wreck and/or Casualty for extraction!

Agathosdaimon -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/10/2013 8:29:24 PM)

Being that currently weather doesnt effect any air ops in the game at all, i presume this will happen being that it is one of the pre game boxes that appear - a greyed out option at present

Dimitris -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/10/2013 9:02:27 PM)

Removed "Improve simulation performance" as the consensus seems to be that B460 made a huge leap on that. (Will re-add in the future if it becomes again an issue). If you voted for this you can now re-vote!

Added "Improve weather modelling".

JCR -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/10/2013 9:36:32 PM)

All of those are good features, why can't I vote for all?
:D

Agathosdaimon -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/11/2013 8:11:55 AM)

hmm i hop emore vote for weather - i think even if it can just be up to what the game is indicating should be there - ie weather affects air ops

SSN754planker -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/11/2013 9:32:39 AM)

One feature i would love to see implemented sooner rather than later is the ability to hide reference points, thereby decluttering the map even more. A keyboard shortcut for this would be amazing. It is way too easy to click on the map and accidentally move a reference point. I know there is a toggle to lock them, but i find that padlock icon to be quite ugly. A keyboard on/off toggle would work quite well.

Dide -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/12/2013 4:00:22 AM)

Good idea! [:)]

Dimitris -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/12/2013 5:55:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SSN754planker
One feature i would love to see implemented sooner rather than later is the ability to hide reference points, thereby decluttering the map even more. A keyboard shortcut for this would be amazing. It is way too easy to click on the map and accidentally move a reference point. I know there is a toggle to lock them, but i find that padlock icon to be quite ugly. A keyboard on/off toggle would work quite well.

Thanks, added.

hellfish6 -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/12/2013 7:49:00 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JohnSmith

quote:

ORIGINAL: Agathosdaimon

Good point! I voted for the Downed pilot feature. Would make it fascinating, sending out SF teams or HAHO/HALO Pararescuemen to secure the location of the wreck and/or Casualty for extraction!

What about survivors of ships? Reading WWII naval histories, recovering survivors of sunken/stricken ships was of great importance if the ship was not actively engaging an enemy. Even if there were enemy ships/subs in the area, efforts were made to recover survivors.

Maybe at some distant point in the future this could be something scenario editors can enable or disable...?

thbrix -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/12/2013 8:33:08 AM)

Hi

I would like to be able to vote for the ability to set "Time on target", i know it has been mentioned a couple of times, but to me it seems like its not prioritised. It would be so cool to be able to arrange big strike packages with coordinated arrival times!!!! No commander can live without it! :-)

Dimitris -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/12/2013 12:50:55 PM)

Removed "speed/alt per waypoint" as it was added on Build 461. If you're one of the many who voted for this you can now vote again.

Agathosdaimon -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/12/2013 1:04:13 PM)

may i just ask - what are air combat evasion limitations - does this refer to disengaging?

MR_BURNS2 -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/12/2013 3:44:14 PM)

I suggest implementing the same options that we have for airborne aircraft for aircraft which are still on the ground.
For example this would allow me to order to stay low level after takeoff to ensure he doesnt pop up on radar screens, or i can give an attack order for a certain inbound aircraft while my scramble aircraft is still taxiing.
In Edit mode it would allow me to rename them more easily and i could "remove the eyeballs" from bombers who usually fly with their flash curtains closed, i could really use the latter for one of my missions.

JCR -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/12/2013 6:36:54 PM)

I would suggest a "launch as groups" option for air missions, especially patrols.
Either just "launch as pairs" or even a selector on how many aircraft per group

e2204588 -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/13/2013 1:44:27 PM)

Could we have a mission altitude setting in mission editor?

1. Helicopter fly at maximum altitude and shot down by long range SAM.
2. CAS Aircraft fly at 40000ft, and can't find any ground target.

"AI aircraft should obey their loadout's flight profile" is nice but we really need a quicker solution.
[&o]

Veracity -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/13/2013 7:13:39 PM)

I've been looking for a TOT and TOS function ever since the first build. Imho it's the most important feature currently missing. I am having great fun with the sim though. It has amazing potential and I'm looking forward to it's evolution. Cheers.

JCR -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/14/2013 9:55:36 AM)

Another feature.
Scrub/replace missions via events like:
Trigger: CVA America damaged 20%
Action: trigger mission "get the hell out of here" (transit mission to Norfolk, VA) :D

Dimitris -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/14/2013 7:17:32 PM)

Added ability to disable map-cursor info box (aka big black box of data).

Dimitris -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/14/2013 7:18:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JCR
Another feature.
Scrub/replace missions via events like:
Trigger: CVA America damaged 20%
Action: trigger mission "get the hell out of here" (transit mission to Norfolk, VA) :D

IIRC you can already do this. Just create an event combining a "unit damaged" trigger with a "change mission status" action.

Dimitris -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/14/2013 9:02:53 PM)

Removed "Make it possible to quick-jump on units/locations" as it has been implemented in Build 462. If you voted for this you can now re-vote.

deepdive -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/16/2013 12:29:06 PM)

Thank you all Dev`s, for Your game improvements, wery impressive. but there is one serious button missing on sidebar ,

"HOLD FIRE/WEAPONS FREE" button for selected unit/Group.

All Helicopters should have RESCUE or S.A.R loudout, if capable for it.

All large AC should have an Nav/weather radar in the nose.

Is it possible to to have the ability to preset flight altitude on mission editor?

Bjørn

JohnSmith -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/18/2013 9:53:39 AM)

Unit Embark/Disembark from transport units, without using teleport would be great. Paradrops etc.

What I'm finding slightly disadvantageous is that, if I want to create a Recce mission, with the use of an SF platoon. I have to create the events to allow the RHIB to enter a defined area and then teleport the SF units. However there is a serious lack of flexibility in that the player is restrained to inserting those units in only one area unless i make several areas cluttering the map with RPs. There should be a simple mission in the mission planner to chose an insertion point, and plot the route and the units will disembark. That is my suggestion, or something along those lines to allow more player control.

Creating the balance between player freedom and scenario events is vital I think. There's no point in having the the scenario instructions telling the player how to conduct his mission completely, otherwise what's the point.

Agathosdaimon -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/19/2013 1:02:55 AM)

IS There any chance some further event editor options can be added ie, changing to a new mission and or change of weather state (overall and or in just a certain area) - the possibility to have new missions triggered for the ai could add a great wealth of depth and dynamism to scenarios

Dimitris -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (11/19/2013 5:59:15 AM)

See our separate ScenEdit poll.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI