RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

[Poll]

RUNNING POLL - gameplay features [Feature Requests Go Here]

Downed pilots / CSAR (without using the EE)
  13% (72)
Improve weather modelling (local fronts etc.)
  12% (66)
Dedicated sensor page on DB viewer
  3% (21)
Intermittent sensor settings
  5% (28)
TOT planner/Advance Strike Planner
  29% (155)
Display weapon firing arcs in DB viewer
  1% (7)
Custom draw on map
  3% (16)
Additional contact info for passive sonar contacts
  1% (6)
Ability to group ref points
  0% (2)
Ability to name grouped ref points
  1% (6)
Sprint and drift while on mission
  1% (6)
Order weapons with active datalinks to self destruct
  0% (1)
1/3rd rule option for strike missions
  0% (1)
Multiple map windows
  2% (12)
WEGO MP
  4% (26)
Real-time MP
  9% (48)
Mid-flight mechanical breakdowns on aircraft
  0% (1)
Expand space ops (Shuttle / Skylab, armed sats etc.)
  1% (8)
Sunrise/sunset/nautical twilight calculator
  0% (1)
Option to enable a message when a vehicle reaches a specific waypoint
  0% (3)
Ability to change color of grouped refpoints and shaded patrol areas
  0% (3)
Aircraft Maintenence and Support Crew Modeling
  1% (10)
Player's Alarm Clock
  0% (1)
Collateral Damage Zone (CDZ)
  0% (2)
Unit proficiency affects adherence to ToT
  0% (0)
Optional "Beginner" GUI
  1% (6)
Make sonobuys and refpoints unselectable when invisible
  0% (0)
Ability to deactivate (destruct) sonobuoys
  0% (0)
Use "Areas" or "Routes" to simplify refpoint management
  0% (2)
Display unit thumbnail image right next to unit icon
  0% (0)
Customizeable soundslot per unit-type (hear a sound when select a unit
  0% (0)
Display time at current rate to charge SSK batteries to full
  0% (0)
Lag in obtaining info from non-realtime intel/recon assets
  0% (3)
Hotkey to change sonobuoy visibility
  0% (0)
Attack a Reference Point
  0% (4)
Show unit weapons list (nominal) for identified contacts
  0% (0)
Reverse targeting vectors (show who is targeting selected contact)
  0% (3)
Helo in-flight refuelling (from ships)
  0% (3)
Apply the 1/3 rule to Ferry Flight missions
  0% (1)
Extra filter on DB-viewer for platform sub-type
  0% (0)
Refuel Option: Set amount of fuel to take on
  0% (3)
Ability to resize icons so big icons in small countries don't overlap.
  0% (0)
Message Log option to hide messages that break fog of war.
  0% (0)
Hover (RAST) refueling for helicopters
  0% (2)
Filtering and search added to add cargo dialog
  0% (0)
Ship Towing
  0% (4)

Total Votes : 533
(last vote on : 2/3/2022 4:12:52 PM)
(Poll will run till: -- )

deepdive -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (12/21/2013 7:30:20 AM)

Will flightprofile be fixed?, i mean smarter RTB, an aircraft on RTB should get out of hostile airspace ASAP and cruise altitude/max altitude should be realistic or is it impossible for this program?

In H3 DBeditor, i gave all AC engines different max altitude to make it appear more realistic, problem then was that i could recognize AC contact type by its altitude.

Bjørn

Dimitris -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (12/21/2013 7:37:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: deepdive

Will flightprofile be fixed?, i mean smarter RTB, an aircraft on RTB should get out of hostile airspace ASAP and cruise altitude/max altitude should be realistic or is it impossible for this program?

In H3 DBeditor, i gave all AC engines different max altitude to make it appear more realistic, problem then was that i could recognize AC contact type by its altitude.

Bjørn

Look here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=3502826

deepdive -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (12/21/2013 8:57:42 AM)

Sweet!!

supercharger -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (12/22/2013 3:59:10 AM)

I've been a regular follower of the forums on Command for quite a while, well before the release. I've had the game since the release but this is my first post. First of all, I want to thank the developers. It's a really great product and has been getting better and better with each update. I really appreciate that they listen to users ideas and requests, always respond with respect, and implement many of these ideas and requests into the updates.

I have an idea to make reference points better. I think the way ref points are used in the game is very powerful and allows users immense control. But I also feel that often the large number of ref points in scenarios can get cumbersome and there could be ways to improve the user's ability to manage them. The recently added option to hide ref points and to make them smaller has been a great help to declutter the map. But I think further organization of them could be of additional benefit in using the ref points in mission editor.

My basic idea is as follows.

1) When user presses ctrl right click, instead of just the current 2 options (add ref point and define area), create an additional option to add multiple ref points. If this option is selected user can add as many ref points as they want by clicking on the map. Each click creates a new ref point. When finished user double clicks or presses esc. The added benefit of this over the current define area is that the user could more easily create areas that can be more complex than just a rectangle.

2) Create the ability to group ref points. Grouped ref points could then be selected as a group using a new pull down menu option under missions+Ref. points. This would greatly facilitate selecting the desired ref points for a particular mission in a scenario that potentially contains hundreds of ref points.

3) An easy way to name grouped ref points. If ref points are created using define area or add mult ref points and grouped (as per requests #1 and 2), the group of newly created ref points are automatically similarly named. If user names grouped ref points patrolzone1 then ref points are named i.e. patrolzone1-1, patrolzone1-2, patrolzone1-2, etc.

These ideas are just a concept for a way to improve ref points and the idea is considered, the developer (and others who hopefully agree with the idea and make comments) would of course determine specifics.

orca -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (12/23/2013 9:39:02 PM)

seems like something like this would be nice to have

BigDuke66 -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (12/24/2013 1:46:59 PM)

All points would be good.
But above all a usable GUI would be nice, all those windows are just annoying especially as most of them could be moved to the side bar that is barely occupied by something useful and if your make some things depicted in those windows smaller(do I really have to have such a big area for setting altitude? No!) you could cramp almost all into that side bar.

And if you really want to stick to those windows at least make them dockable on the screen edge with the option of appearing & disappearing when the user moves to mouse on that part of the edge.
Also the DB viewer should be a "real" extra window, meaning that it should move behind the main window if I click on it and not just be in the way like all the other screens.
And btw the db viewer should show the unit on a click no matter if it already shows a unit or not, having to close it every time before click on a new unit so that it pops up again with that new unit instead of simply showing the old one is so damned annoying.

Agathosdaimon -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (12/26/2013 12:52:27 PM)

hi,
i hope that cmano will have more realistic cloud cover in future - not just a single blanket of the same weather like at the present as the game can stretch over large areas where weathers systems would obviously varying

if this was maybe something which could be added for the scenario editor even

guanotwozero -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (12/28/2013 6:52:46 AM)

[Suggestion] Relative Reference Points.

RPs could be linked to a moving vessel, e.g. a carrier, so that, say, a CAP area could move with the carrier. Similarly sub patrol areas could be linked to a vessel it's screening, and there may well be other examples where its useful.

Sure, we can keep moving them manually, but one of the advantages of a computer game is to remove the donkey-work for players [:)]

Also...

[Suggestion] Selecting a unit highlights its mission area.

At present, if I select a mission in the Mission Editor, its area is highlighted on the map. If I then click a different unit on the map (not part of that mission), the original mission area remains highlighted. It would be nicer if the subsequent unit-click highlighted ITS mission area, if any.

Edit:
OK, I RTFM and found it, thanks!

Dimitris -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (12/28/2013 7:47:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: guanotwozero

RPs could be linked to a moving vessel, e.g. a carrier, so that, say, a CAP area could move with the carrier. Similarly sub patrol areas could be linked to a vessel it's screening, and there may well be other examples where its useful.

Sure, we can keep moving them manually, but one of the advantages of a computer game is to remove the donkey-work for players [:)]

This has already been included since v1.00, take a look at the manual.

RoryAndersonCDT -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (12/28/2013 8:15:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: guanotwozero

Also...

[Suggestion] Selecting a unit highlights its mission area.

At present, if I select a mission in the Mission Editor, its area is highlighted on the map. If I then click a different unit on the map (not part of that mission), the original mission area remains highlighted. It would be nicer if the subsequent unit-click highlighted ITS mission area, if any.

Edit:
OK, I RTFM and found it, thanks!

Tomcat also has a video about this here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EYLkpIdaNw

Mgellis -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (1/2/2014 1:32:40 AM)

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this one but perhaps there should be an Investigate order. You get a contact and you don't have a patrol mission set up and maybe you don't want to set up a whole mission; why not launch an aircraft (or send a ship or a sub) and then open up the orders menu and have an option that does not automatically attack but does send the aircraft to take a look (and automatically attack if the contact is hostile)?

Maybe it would go right under the two attack (automatic and manual) options in the orders menu?

Wasicun -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (1/2/2014 11:49:46 AM)

What about range circles for the aircrafts and ships?
I mean, at the moment you can see circles about sensors, weapon ranges and so on. I think it will be great if you can view the range of your aircraft too (based on your current speed... and how many fuel you still have)

Apocal -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (1/2/2014 5:34:43 PM)

Now that I've had some real free time to throw down into Seaman O and chew through most of the stock scenarios:

1. Would it be at all possible to get the "intermittent emission" settings in CMANO? They were extremely useful in Harpoon 3, especially for scenario designers. I recall there were settings for active emission duration, a duration for the length of silence and variant figures for both times. It was cool seeing radars turn on 30 seconds, then go off for thirty minutes, flip on for 2 minutes, then flip back on fifteen minutes later, etc and created an interesting search problem.

2. Will there ever be a full or ironman realism setting (like Harpoon 3) that only allows the player to order assets currently in communication with his flagship/ops center? This was another great Harpoon feature and it really showed the limitations of employing submarines as a overall task force commander, especially if you forgot to put "check-in" waypoints and lost control of your sub for hours or days or (occasionally) permanently. Maybe enhance the communications model so similar situations could arise with aircraft or surface ships due to battle damage, jamming or stringent EMCON? Maybe a new setting for "check-in" times (every x hours come up on comms for y time) as well?

3. Periscope-depth modeling. Its somewhat annoying that subs at periscope always stick there periscope up and keep it there. It probably isn't helped that even older surface search sets in relatively high sea state (sea state 3 and 4) have no trouble localizing a - presumably transient - radar contact and determining, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that its real.

4. On that note, apparently the Mk.1 Eyeball works to spot very large wakes at 40,000ft above the ocean. Through solid cloud cover. At night. In a very heavy rain storm.

5. Maybe some additions to the modeling of naval aviation?
5a. Aircraft carriers launching and especially recovering aircraft should be locked into their current heading and/or have the aircraft in the groove abort their landing, flying back into the pattern to try again once the boat stops turning.

5b. Players should have the ability to "pre-load" the decks with ready aircraft, instead of having to flip back and forth between the air facilities tab and the aircraft tab to figure out which aircraft is already on-deck and ready to be launched as an alert bird and which will have to be pulled out of the hangar, moved on an elevator and so on.

6. Just remembered something: its too easy to determine that submarines and aircraft have been killed currently. Could we get something like the "hulk" status of dead/sinking surface, where they still are registering as a contact, even after being killed? Obviously for aircraft/missiles this wouldn't last long, but one of the toughest things about your common missile defense scenario is figuring out if you've killed the target and its debris registering as new contact(s) or if the radar blip you saw was your own missile's detonation.

In the spirit of not being completely negative, none of these are deal-breaker issues and just tightening a few fidelity screws would really add massive layers of depth to an already outstanding simulation.

guanotwozero -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (1/2/2014 9:04:42 PM)

[Suggestion] One weapon launched at a time.

Whenever I launch an airstrike mission, the aircraft will use its whole weapon load on the target. While sometimes this is desirable, at other times it's a waste, e.g. 4 GBUs dropped where one is enough to kill.

It would be good to have an option of only launching one weapon (or a subset) at a time. That way if the first misses, the next will be launched, otherwise go for the next target.

A further development of that could be to launch a subset at one target, and then another subset at the next target even before the first have struck, e.g. 4 ASMs at 2 distant targets.

It could perhaps be partly implemented by 'safing' the weapons, with certain condition flags doing the 'freeing', e.g. manual selection (checkbox), previous weapon expended, or target 'subset quota' fulfilled, causing the current target to be deselected. Mind you, that would mean that such a subset quota has to be configurable too, e.g. 2 per target.

To some extent similar logic is already there, e.g. aircraft launch 2 AAMs per target. I'm just suggesting expanding it and allowing more user control.

Of course, such attacks can be done manually, but it can be a management headache to do so.

Veracity -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (1/5/2014 12:55:12 PM)

I would like to see the ability to select multiple targets when manually allocating weapons. Clicking one by one is very tedious.

Thanks!

guanotwozero -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (1/6/2014 9:09:26 PM)

[Another Suggestion - you got me started [:)]] Active mission waypoints

There are a few ideas floating about regarding mission planning and ToT so I'll throw in my punt.

Just as area RPs and targets can be added to missions using an ordered listbox, so could waypoints (WPs).

Each WP could be stateful, i.e. be used to set alt, speed, ENCOM status, etc, as well as perform certain actions like refuelling, launching munitions or even joining another mission.

I suggest that the state of each WP be mission-dependent (local instance), so that the same map WP could be used for different purposes by different missions.

If each WP appears in the box as a link/hotspot, clicking it could bring up a state/action editor. Possibly this could also allow other missions' WP instances to be read, so as to coordinate multiple missions. e.g. Mission_A's planes arrive at WP_6 at the same time as Mission_B's planes. Speed between WPs could be auto-calculated so as to facilitate this.

This idea would allow good ToT planning, as well as all sorts of other mission stages.

e.g. a tanker mission could position the tanker at different places at different times, so as to best service outgoing and incoming strike missions. The strike aircraft would be instructed to refuel at those same WPs while the tanker is there.

As usual, such actions can be done manually as a mission progresses, but it would be altogether nicer to plan them all before launch. Maybe make us feel we're sitting in a darkened Ops Room living off coffee and cigarettes [8D]

jufinace20 -> Suggestion - gameplay features (2/12/2014 5:45:14 PM)

The visibility of the Message Log would be much improved if a translucent background is applied (right now it is transparent, and the log is all but unreadable when using the Relief Layer.

jufinace20 -> Suggestion - gameplay features (2/12/2014 5:50:29 PM)

The perpetual communication with deep submerged crafts is at best unrealistic. I would not dare to suggest a Flagship paradigm with limited comms between HQ, and units (like in Harpoon II/ANW), but some kind of limitation (e.g. delay) to the communication (commands & recce) with (and between) subs would be an enriching feature.

Dide -> RE: Suggestion - gameplay features (2/12/2014 6:32:32 PM)

+1[:'(]

mikmykWS -> RE: Suggestion - gameplay features (2/12/2014 8:45:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jufinace20

The visibility of the Message Log would be much improved if a translucent background is applied (right now it is transparent, and the log is all but unreadable when using the Relief Layer.

You can display this in a second window. Game->Game Options->Check off message log in separate window, click ok

Thanks!

Mike

mikmykWS -> RE: Suggestion - gameplay features (2/12/2014 8:47:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jufinace20

The perpetual communication with deep submerged crafts is at best unrealistic. I would not dare to suggest a Flagship paradigm with limited comms between HQ, and units (like in Harpoon II/ANW), but some kind of limitation (e.g. delay) to the communication (commands & recce) with (and between) subs would be an enriching feature.

Control of submarines is also very popular so in this case we balked at realism for the sake of providing a fun game.

Might take a look at different realism settings one day though.

jufinace20 -> RE: Suggestion - gameplay features (2/12/2014 9:32:09 PM)

True indeed (that is how I tend to use it), but I was mentioning the 'in game window' instance. As I titled it: just a suggestion...

jufinace20 -> RE: Suggestion - gameplay features (2/12/2014 9:38:06 PM)

I guessed so, but your magnificent product is so focused on realism that simulator-oriented users are bound to stumble on this point of command&control of units.
They can always resort to self-control.[;)]

riflebrigade -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (2/15/2014 11:31:25 PM)

How do you enter your vote?

mikmykWS -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (2/16/2014 12:06:36 AM)

Go to top. Check off the wanted entry and hit the submit button.

riflebrigade -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (2/19/2014 2:01:45 AM)

Thank you mikmyk for your prompt reply but I can not find the wanted entry on the page.

I assume it is in or adjacent to the Poll area of the screen?

I tried a "wanted" search and could only find "wanted in your post answering my post.

Vulcan101 -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (2/28/2014 12:44:14 AM)

Been playing this since its launch. I've been very impressed by the game and support so far, particularly the community scenarios.

I have a few suggestions which I feel would (may) improve the game.

i) With strike missions, what would be really helpful would be if once the target has been destroyed, the mission could be removed from the list in the mission editor and a message added to the AAR. This would make things a lot tidier and also allow the player to see at a glance which targets are left.

ii) Where a recce plane only has cameras or no real time imaging capability, RF8, RF4, RA5 for example, it would increase realism if the player doesn't get the "take" from a recce mission until after the aircraft returns from the mission. This would certainly add to the realism of the game and would increase the degree of fog of war.

iii) Whilst I can manually set a speed for a strike aircraft on the way to and over a target, it will always default to cruise on the way home. The number of heavy losses I have received following a successful strike is depressing in the extreme. The ability to set the speed manually for a returning strike aircraft in the mission editor would be good.

mcp5500 -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (3/11/2014 12:07:38 PM)

Primary and secondary missions. Mission 1 while traveling to mission area 2. ASW during transit. missile launch at location. Also i would like to see an automated way of adding and removing Units from. missions. this also can accomplish the first task.

mcp5500 -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (3/17/2014 4:28:33 AM)

Also I would like to see a new detection trigger that seansers classification. The opposing must detect the selected unit but detecting units must return a classification for the trigger to launch it. Launch the tregger not when called out unit is just detected, it must also classified by the detector before the trigger will execute.

Demuder -> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features (3/21/2014 11:35:00 AM)

I don't know if this is the right place for it, but since this poll looks like exactly that, I would like to suggest the addition of a minor feature. Make it so we can order weapons with active datalinks to self destruct.

Turning and retargeting is very nice, but although I have no hard facts about it, I am pretty sure one of the main functions of the datalink would be to destroy the weapon should the mission parameters change once it is underway or the target is simply gone. From a gameplay perspective, I just don't want superfluous torpedoes, AMRAAMs or tactical Tomahawks running around until they burn all their fuel :-)

Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI