[FIXED] Command will not start--error message generated (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

Mgellis -> [FIXED] Command will not start--error message generated (10/16/2013 3:54:56 AM)

Okay, something happened...

I tried changing the symbol icons using the stylized pack (Stalintc’s Stylised Icon Pack) I downloaded from Warsim. Immediately afterwards, I started getting this message every time I tried to start the game...

So, I have no idea what I did wrong. I deleted the icons, restored the original icons from a zip file backup, and even reinstalled the 1.01 update from the Patches directory. Nothing.

Any ideas? Help!

[image]local://upfiles/26210/F9FF1139534E45C3BDFE98B4C7B18029.jpg[/image]

jomni -> RE: Command will not start--error message generated (10/16/2013 4:04:24 AM)

When you press OK, does it show another window asking you to close Command or not?
If you see that screen, select not to close Command and you will continue to play as normal.
I ooccasionally get this as well when opening scenarios but not all the time. Happens when I keep loading scenarios without quitting Command

Mgellis -> RE: Command will not start--error message generated (10/16/2013 4:10:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jomni

When you press OK, does it show another window asking you to close Command or not?
If you see that screen, select not to close Command and you will continue to play as normal.
I ooccasionally get this as well when opening scenarios but not all the time. Happens when I keep loading scenarios without quitting Command

No. I do get the map screen for just a moment and then it closes down.

I even tried re-installing the prerequisites (DXSETUP.exe, etc.) but it did no good.

If the next public build is released in a day or so, it's not a big deal, but otherwise I fear I'll have to uninstall the whole program and reinstall it and hope that does the trick. Otherwise...sheesh, I don't know what to do.

jomni -> RE: Command will not start--error message generated (10/16/2013 4:33:20 AM)

Oh that's a terrible situation.

Mgellis -> RE: Command will not start--error message generated (10/16/2013 5:35:21 AM)

In the end, I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it. Build 429 started right up. I'm updating to v.101/Build 442 and seeing if that works. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Dimitris -> RE: Command will not start--error message generated (10/16/2013 5:58:00 AM)

Probably one of the icon files is badly formed / corrupted and causes the out-of-memory exception as it is read from the program.

Mgellis -> RE: Command will not start--error message generated (10/16/2013 6:05:48 AM)

Update...

v. 101/Build 442 works fine.

So, basically, the solution was a "brute force" one...uninstall, delete the folder to get rid of any remaining files that did not simply uninstall, reinstall, update...and it works. Well, so far at least. Takes a while, but it's good to know that, if worst comes to worst, I can get it back up and running.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI