Campaign error message (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Tech Support

Panta_slith -> Campaign error message (10/16/2013 3:41:40 PM)

Today I experienced the first odd behaviour in FPC since I started playing.
I had finished the second phase of the Hell on Wheels campaign and during replenishment I got this popup (attached) without any further consequence so far whatsoever.
I was playing a turn started on another computer.

CapnDarwin -> RE: Campaign error message (10/16/2013 4:29:02 PM)

Panta, any chance the other computer has a different language /localization than this other computer? Does the second camp game play on the original computer?

Panta_slith -> RE: Campaign error message (10/16/2013 5:47:17 PM)

Yes, one computer on Windows 7, probably in a different localization from this one, which works on XP. I play at home and at the office if I have time (lucky me, isn't it?) and carry back and forward the saved games in a stick.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

Panta, any chance the other computer has a different language /localization than this other computer? Does the second camp game play on the original computer?

CapnDarwin -> RE: Campaign error message (10/16/2013 6:16:33 PM)

Any chance you know the specific localization of both machines? Thanks.

Panta_slith -> RE: Campaign error message (10/16/2013 7:31:34 PM)

In both computers the default installation: C:/Matrix Games

CapnDarwin -> RE: Campaign error message (10/16/2013 8:00:12 PM)

Localization is how Windows is setup for language use? Still good to know that the installation locations are the same.

Panta_slith -> RE: Campaign error message (10/16/2013 8:23:05 PM)

I just opened a turn saved on my home computer with XP in my PC at work on Windows 7 and everything seems to be normal.

CapnDarwin -> RE: Campaign error message (10/16/2013 9:19:00 PM)

So going from a Win7 save to the XP machine is what crashed? Can yousave a diff erent scenario on the Win7 machine and see if that crashes again on your XP machine? Thanks.

Panta_slith -> RE: Campaign error message (10/16/2013 10:23:41 PM)

I will do that tonight when I will be back home. BTW, the game didn't crashed, actually. The popup popped up (as popups usually do), I acknowledged and that was all, I continued playing.

CapnDarwin -> RE: Campaign error message (10/16/2013 10:50:09 PM)

It's an odd occurrence. Let me know if the other test tonight generates an error. Also see if you can see what language the OS is set for on both.

Thanks.

Panta_slith -> RE: Campaign error message (10/16/2013 10:54:52 PM)

Roger wilco

Panta_slith -> RE: Campaign error message (10/16/2013 10:55:26 PM)

roger wilco

Panta_slith -> RE: Campaign error message (10/17/2013 2:20:20 PM)

I just repeated the steps that led me to the error message I described, but this time everything worked perfectly. And you were right, one of the OS, Win 7 is in English and XP in Spanish (I barely noticed it), perhaps that was the cause of the oddity.

CapnDarwin -> RE: Campaign error message (10/17/2013 3:19:38 PM)

We think we have a fix for this issue and are working on figuring out the best way to test it right now.

Thanks for your info!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI