unit facing (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series

CptHowdy -> unit facing (10/16/2013 11:41:45 PM)

I see that every unit has a front and flank protection number. I assume flanks are left and right of unit. are there any bonuses to hitting a unit from behind or is that considered flank? just wondering how effective it is to bring a few units around and catch someone from behind or smash em in a vice like grip!!

CapnDarwin -> RE: unit facing (10/16/2013 11:48:34 PM)

The combat engine already takes into account range, surprise, road vs. combat march, cover and other factors and applies attacks to front, flank or rear (top) based on situation. Also through in laser warning receivers, infantry assaults in built up areas, and certain weapon special characteristics. As for forcing a flanking "attack" that is not in the game at the moment. I do want to get a few situational modifiers where doing something like flanking or hitting the unit from a wide facing ups the probability of a flank/rear shot. Of course the enemy can do the same to you. [:D]

Grim.Reaper -> RE: unit facing (10/16/2013 11:50:50 PM)

Dumb question probably, but within the game, is a unit actually facing a certain direction?  I got the impression it wasn't.  If it does, is there an option to change the direction?

CapnDarwin -> RE: unit facing (10/16/2013 11:59:20 PM)

Only indicators are the movement ones. Units are considered smart enough to face a threat with the best profile possible.

Grim.Reaper -> RE: unit facing (10/17/2013 12:11:13 AM)

That is what I thought,,,thanks

fvianello -> RE: unit facing (10/17/2013 8:43:45 AM)

Does it mean that a unit attacked from opposite directions at the same time has a negative defense modifier ?

CapnDarwin -> RE: unit facing (10/17/2013 12:51:11 PM)

HanBarca,

It is not a set effect right now, no. There are situations as stated above were flank/rear shots happen more often. We do plan to add more of an effect for units engaged over a wide front down the road.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI