RE: No AI ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: No AI ? (10/27/2013 3:15:25 AM)

But I can play you a game of World in Flames real soon. Care to school this noob?

Also, I am working on something you will definitely be interested in. No details yet. WiF related.

Greyshaft -> RE: No AI ? (10/27/2013 3:33:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

quote:

Since I ran it through the ocr I can also do searches, including adobes advanced search. As you can see by the highlighted blue field on the page I had searched for the key word vehicle.

It is very crisp and clear. Much more so than these screens capture.

<snip>

Any chance you would want to share a copy [:)]

I'm sorry but I cannot. To do so would be illegal and immoral on my part. I hope you can understand.

IMHO you would be entitled to share a copy with anyone who has legally obtained the same source material ie already bought the game and rulebooks ... (FTAOD that's not me and I'm not requesting a copy).

Just saying.

DSWargamer -> RE: No AI ? (10/27/2013 4:14:17 AM)

Actually there is no shortage of versions of the ASL manual in the wild already, and the ASL community freely shares them routinely. Not sure about the legality, but I just know it is no challenge to get one, it's all in how you ask and who you ask and where you ask.

Some of them are quite good, some average. I've seen a few.

The main reason it won't be appearing, is the moment it becomes 'digital' it raises all sorts of hassles Hasborg clearly isn't interested in touching nor is MMP for logical reasons.

I think the main reason nothing is officially being done to complain, is essentially as has been made obvious, anyone with the hard copy, could always do it themselves too. But it's a lot of work.

Given a choice, I'd rather my ASL came in bound chapters like the WiF manuals here instead of any form of digital regardless of how searchable.
Some days I have pondered taking them to a printer and getting just that done too. The binder as it currently stands, eats a 4 inch d-ring binder belches and asks for more. Just too big.

Numdydar -> RE: No AI ? (10/27/2013 4:39:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greyshaft

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

quote:

Since I ran it through the ocr I can also do searches, including adobes advanced search. As you can see by the highlighted blue field on the page I had searched for the key word vehicle.

It is very crisp and clear. Much more so than these screens capture.

<snip>

Any chance you would want to share a copy [:)]

I'm sorry but I cannot. To do so would be illegal and immoral on my part. I hope you can understand.

IMHO you would be entitled to share a copy with anyone who has legally obtained the same source material ie already bought the game and rulebooks ... (FTAOD that's not me and I'm not requesting a copy).

Just saying.

Very good point Greyshaft. I had forgetten that aspect of the legal requirements. If you legally own copyrighted contect in one form, you are legally able to own it in a different form. You just cannot sell it for money, give it away, or trade to anyone that does not own it already.

So in the case of the ASL manual, it is not viloating any laws for anyone to provide me (or anyone else) an electronic version of the ASL manual providing I legally own a copy from the IP owner already, I.E. MMP and/or Hasbro.

Thanks for the reminder [:)]

Numdydar -> RE: No AI ? (10/27/2013 4:42:17 AM)

quote:

But I can play you a game of World in Flames real soon. Care to school this noob?

Also, I am working on something you will definitely be interested in. No details yet. WiF related.

Thanks so much for the offer, but will no be able to do anything like that for a while. But I will definately take you up on the offer if things change.

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: No AI ? (10/27/2013 7:08:11 AM)

DS said
quote:

.The binder as it currently stands, eats a 4 inch d-ring binder belches and asks for more. Just too big.

Yeah. I used to have all the first ed rules in page savers and in binders. My wife brought me home some massive binder and I had all the rules in there. I'm talking about the full rule book including the chapters from Kampfgruppe Peiper, red barricades, pegasus bridge, chapter F, airborne, and all,of chapter G . it was like some massive tome at the courthouse.

I eventually moved them to individual binders. Being in page savers all those years they are still in pristine shape. My 2ed that I converted went straight into large food saver bags and vacuum sealed.

A bit over the top? Probably.

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: No AI ? (10/27/2013 7:15:38 AM)

And Numdydar, sorry if I sounded like a sanctimonious jerk. That wasn't my intention.

Klydon -> RE: No AI ? (10/27/2013 4:05:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DSWargamer

Just to pick a nit, but WOTC does not own the AH brand, as the WOTC brand is itself owned by Hasborg hence the derisive version of the name.

My bad. WOTC bought TSR. WOTC was in "Borg mode", making a lot of acquisitions and then was bought by Hasbro. Hasbro later bought A/H and placed it under WOTC in the corporate structure.

SuluSea -> RE: No AI ? (10/27/2013 4:33:44 PM)

Nothing has changed for me. No AI .....Not going to buy.

If releasing the game this way makes for a better AI in the future I am happy the developers chose this route but if the AI is not produced in the future or isn't decent then I'll look elsewhere.

Numdydar -> RE: No AI ? (10/27/2013 4:47:45 PM)

quote:

And Numdydar, sorry if I sounded like a sanctimonious jerk. That wasn't my intention.

Not at all. Totally understood where you were comimg from.

rickier65 -> RE: No AI ? (10/27/2013 5:24:45 PM)

I pretty much play vs AI in all my computer games. Quite a few years ago, I did play some board games (Squad Leader and Quartre Bras) solo, but never considered trying it with a computer game.

My first inclination is to give MWiF a pass as well, at least until it has an AI. But seeing the photos of these physical components do make me tempted. I'm a physical manual kind of person - even for my computer games, I almost always print out a copy of the pdf to read.

The MWiF manual set really look impressive.

I've been following the thread and seeing the types of resources being created (the learning aids being included) -- this whole package is pretty impressive.

My hats off to the Matrix and the Development Team.

Rick

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI