sub identification (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

Harcikecske -> sub identification (10/28/2013 5:50:52 PM)

Hello Guys,

First, this simulation is awesome! Actually No. 1 for me :)

I playing operation bass drum in the last night.

So Virgina SSN found submerged contact near the Zumwalt SAG. I plot new course of Virgina that identify contact. Virginia approach the contact 2-3 nm but the contact remain unidentified (SSN xxx). Contact report same problem, is empty. Sensors is active (excepting active sonar)

How to identify submerged contacts? How to detect enemy submarine class?

Sorry the bad english :)

Dimitris -> RE: sub identification (10/28/2013 5:53:46 PM)

Hello and welcome!

In this case there is nothing else to do except keep detecting the other sub passively (active sonar does not provide classification/ID). The more time you keep the contact firm, the better the probability that your sub crew will be able to classify & identify it.

Thanks!

Der Zeitgeist -> RE: sub identification (10/28/2013 6:27:12 PM)

Cool fact I found out yesterday: Passive sonar can even provide some BDA on surface contacts, in my case, the level of flooding after I torpedoed a Chinese Frigate. [8D]

ExMachina -> RE: sub identification (10/28/2013 6:28:13 PM)

[&o]

quote:

ORIGINAL: Der Zeitgeist

Cool fact I found out yesterday: Passive sonar can even provide some BDA on surface contacts, in my case, the level of flooding after I torpedoed a Chinese Frigate. [8D]

Dimitris -> RE: sub identification (10/28/2013 6:29:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Der Zeitgeist

By design.

ExMachina -> RE: sub identification (10/28/2013 7:10:32 PM)

quote:

Virginia approach the contact 2-3 nm but the contact remain unidentified (SSN xxx). Contact report same problem, is empty. Sensors is active (excepting active sonar)

Assuming that your sub has been steadily tracking the contact, I would think that by the time you got to within 2-3nm most passive contacts should be classify-able.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI