Excellent site with table reports and pics (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

comsolut -> Excellent site with table reports and pics (11/4/2013 4:32:28 PM)

Not sure where I stumbled across this site, but the table reports might give insight into how the game plays out, and the pictures are great!

All those counters really brings back memories.

http://www.eurowif.de/mitte.htm

Obviously the options selected will make each game different.

Joseignacio -> RE: Excellent site with table reports and pics (11/4/2013 5:40:03 PM)

This is the oficial site of EuroWifCon, the european Convention to play WIF. Been there thrice. The one with the huge belly and red pullover. XD

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Excellent site with table reports and pics (11/4/2013 7:36:41 PM)

Thanks for the link.
quote:

Been there thrice. The one with the huge belly and red pullover

Being the middle-aged wargamers we are, it was hardly noticed. Now the red pullover? There's no hiding from it. [:)]

Joseignacio -> RE: Excellent site with table reports and pics (11/4/2013 7:41:44 PM)

[:D] .

Mynok -> RE: Excellent site with table reports and pics (11/4/2013 8:57:36 PM)

Wow, did you see the Chinese? Someone cornered their counters. I'm sure that eases things but the thought of cornering all those....[X(]

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Excellent site with table reports and pics (11/5/2013 12:02:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

Wow, did you see the Chinese? Someone cornered their counters. I'm sure that eases things but the thought of cornering all those....[X(]

My first game with chits I remember busting them out as quick as I could, ripping the face a bit on a few of them. The next set I was more careful, but even then they all had the 'perforation tits'. Neatly cut away chits was the next process, along with steadily increased counter management. There they sit in stacks of Plano boxes gathering dust with their own alphanumerical indexed catalog system.

I did the corner cutting for Enemy at the Gates. Those counters clipped well as the info was centered good on them. Definitely makes for easier picking up imo, especially for unstacked counters. You can grab and flip up with your thumb pressing down on the other 'corner. Worked well for someone with bigger, manual labor fingers.

OCS was a fun system back in the day. Very large but still manageable. Never had Case Blue, although it seemed like more people went there after it came out.

mo reb

brian brian -> RE: Excellent site with table reports and pics (11/5/2013 12:21:42 AM)

quote:

Like many players, I own somewhere past 6,000 World in Flames counters, all clipped unless they still reside on their countersheet reserve pool due to sheet upgrades from ADG over the years.

paulderynck -> RE: Excellent site with table reports and pics (11/5/2013 3:20:19 AM)

Picked up one of these at the local game store recently...

http://www.daveking-c4.com/the_c4_corner_cutter

Works very well IMO. With a bit of practice you can do 10 counters in the time it took to do one. Did all of the KiF counters in one evening.

chemkid -> RE: Excellent site with table reports and pics (11/5/2013 5:56:29 AM)

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Excellent site with table reports and pics (11/5/2013 6:52:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

Picked up one of these at the local game store recently...

http://www.daveking-c4.com/the_c4_corner_cutter

Works very well IMO. With a bit of practice you can do 10 counters in the time it took to do one. Did all of the KiF counters in one evening.

That is pretty snazzy for sure.

captskillet -> RE: Excellent site with table reports and pics (11/5/2013 8:45:28 AM)

had several boxes of Plano 'tackle boxes' for all of The Longest Day counters with box top ID'ed by Bat/Reg. etc.

Joseignacio -> RE: Excellent site with table reports and pics (11/5/2013 1:14:30 PM)

I can see how you put the counter in the "box" but, how do you cut it? A cutter?

Joseignacio -> RE: Excellent site with table reports and pics (11/6/2013 6:14:41 AM)

quote:

My friend Luis Ángel has all the WIF counters trimmed. He sits there when it's his enemy's turn and cuts one by one the four corners of each counter. For days of wiffing. I was astonished.

I bought from him his older versión of WIF not to have to do it myself (I wanted them trimmed) but now I am thinking I should have had to wait for the new WIF versión... or MWIF.

jelake -> RE: Excellent site with table reports and pics (11/6/2013 5:59:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joseignacio

I can see how you put the counter in the "box" but, how do you cut it? A cutter?

The url has a "how it works" link at the top. I imagine you'd dull the blade rather quickly going through several thousand counters like that.

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Excellent site with table reports and pics (11/6/2013 6:06:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jelake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joseignacio

The url has a "how it works" link at the top. I imagine you'd dull the blade rather quickly going through several thousand counters like that.

And hitting the hard bottom for sure. I prefer a larger corner, but that's just me.

edit: Also, the one thing that clippers do well is compress the corners a bit. Helps keep them intact imo. Seems like there is a product to spray over the counters to seal them also. Dont remember where I saw that.

pzgndr -> RE: Excellent site with table reports and pics (11/6/2013 6:15:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

My first game with chits I remember busting them out as quick as I could, ripping the face a bit on a few of them. The next set I was more careful, but even then they all had the 'perforation tits'.

You're not going to suggest a graphics mod for this degree of realism in MWiF, are you? [:'(]

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Excellent site with table reports and pics (11/6/2013 6:17:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pzgndr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

My first game with chits I remember busting them out as quick as I could, ripping the face a bit on a few of them. The next set I was more careful, but even then they all had the 'perforation tits'.

You're not going to suggest a graphics mod for this degree of realism in MWiF, are you? [:'(]

lol
Dang. I never thought of that. Clipped corner mod. I like the sound of it. Cut 6,000 counters at once. Or did you mean er..umm..tits and all? Im sure there is a correct name for it.

pzgndr -> RE: Excellent site with table reports and pics (11/6/2013 6:19:55 PM)

quote:

I never thought of that. Clipped corner mod.

Nah, I was more worried about the random "ripped face" mod. That would give players something to argue about!

composer99 -> RE: Excellent site with table reports and pics (11/6/2013 6:57:31 PM)

MWiF unit counters have the corners "pre-rounded", fortunately.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI