When (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

Numdydar -> When (11/4/2013 8:46:09 PM)

Not to be confused with the other When thread [:)]

Several people has stated that they are planning on staying up until WiF is available for sale. So to help them out, does anyone actually know exactly what time and time zone on 11/7 the game will be available for download?

DSWargamer -> RE: When (11/4/2013 10:30:42 PM)

Matrix Games is my time zone, Slitherine being UK is 4 hours ahead.

But any time on the 7th will do just fine :)

shaddock -> RE: When (11/4/2013 11:30:31 PM)

Isn't Matrix in the EST time zone? If it is then that would be 5 hours ahead.

Snydly -> RE: When (11/5/2013 3:02:14 AM)

Have we reached 48 hours to go ... Time for some Hair Metal Celebrations [:'(]

The Final Countdown [:D]

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: When (11/5/2013 3:22:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snydly

Have we reached 48 hours to go ... Time for some Hair Metal Celebrations [:'(]

The Final Countdown [:D]

I'll dig out my adjustable flame Bic lighter, parachute pants and Aqua Net hair spray. I'm surprised there weren't more fires.

captskillet -> RE: When (11/5/2013 8:49:38 AM)

Well Mo Reb, is Mizzou still in control in the East? Fightin' Tigers get a chance to take down Alabama this weekend, Mettenberg better quit with the picks or they have no chance.

Canoerebel -> RE: When (11/5/2013 3:28:56 PM)

Do we know yet the price for WiF?

From all the rumored "price shock" comments, I'm pretty sure the CiC at my house is not going to authorize this particular expenditure, but I can dream.

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: When (11/5/2013 3:55:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: captskillet

Well Mo Reb, is Mizzou still in control in the East? Fightin' Tigers get a chance to take down Alabama this weekend, Mettenberg better quit with the picks or they have no chance.

I have yo look at the schedule. Are they playin Bama? But yes. Still in control of the east. I thought we had ky and then my ole miss. I'm hoping ole miss will beat em. I do know mizzou. Only loss was to the cocks in a missed 24 yard field goal. Look pretty good considering their qb has been out. I'm under blackout for many of their games. I don't get hardly any Lu's games either this year. There is a new sec station on next year that I hope my provider picks up.

Here's to any sec team on top. Except Georgia of course. Was really hoping Florida was gonna come back to win that one. They almost did.

Sorry for the spelling and such. Away on a mobile app. Too much a pain to correct.

Numdydar -> RE: When (11/5/2013 4:55:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

From all the rumored "price shock" comments, I'm pretty sure the CiC at my house is not going to authorize this particular expenditure, but I can dream.

Have someone in a different command recieve it for you then sneak it into your quarters when no one is around [:)]

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: When (11/5/2013 5:13:10 PM)

Or you could use the old Babe and Switch. Be super nice all evening waiting on her hand and foot. Make it memorable.

Then the next morning when you are looking glum and she asks whats wrong? you say Not much....(dramatic pause).....It's just that all my single friends are getting this game and when I told them I couldnt they all said that is why they are still single. (remember to do this while last night is still fresh in her mind, yes, before pissing her off in the morning if possible)

She'll be shamed into doing what is against her good nature. No way are them single guys gonna have one up on you. She wont have it. Guilt, when applied correctly, can get some things done.

That'll be $25.

Whats that? Oh, you're welcome.

p.s. Don't forget to tell her how great of an idea it is of hers to get the game. Never let this one seem like your idea so, come bill time, it wont be used against you.

Plan 2 gets a little more deviant. Do you have access to a shovel and a bag of lime?

jeffk3510 -> RE: When (11/5/2013 6:07:01 PM)

quote:

Show her that it is an investment....an investment in her (you're at home more), an investment in the family (you're at home with the family), and it will only appreciate in value...

I only say her because my CiC is also a her.

BTW, nice to see you. [sm=00000436.gif]

Canoerebel -> RE: When (11/5/2013 6:59:56 PM)

None of these stratagems are going to work. My CiC is a veteran of the Pacific campaign (AE) and knows all the rationales, excuses, and "given the hours I'll play it'll only cost me 1 cent per year" theories. I'm toast. No way I get this game until the economy turns around, which is gonna be awhile.

jeffk3510 -> RE: When (11/5/2013 7:31:31 PM)

quote:

None of these stratagems are going to work. My CiC is a veteran of the Pacific campaign (AE) and knows all the rationales, excuses, and "given the hours I'll play it'll only cost me 1 cent per year" theories. I'm toast. No way I get this game until the economy turns around, which is gonna be awhile.

I would agree with your last statement by more than 100%. Did you and John decide to call it a game btw? I rarely come to the forums anymore.. too busy with work. I just play my pbem and a game with schanelic anymore.

Numdydar -> RE: When (11/5/2013 7:34:02 PM)

quote:

I told mine it was my birthday and xmas present [:)]

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: When (11/5/2013 7:54:34 PM)

Well good luck to you rebel. Hopefully better days are ahead as far as the financial situation is concerned.

Erik Rutins -> RE: When (11/5/2013 7:57:46 PM)

It could in theory be released at any time on Thursday, November 7th. We typically start setting the release live in the morning, US Eastern time. If there are no issues, it's typically live by noon. If there are issues with the final store process, we have the rest of the day as time to fix any store issues and make sure it's live by evening. It's about 95% by mid-day, 5% later in the afternoon in terms of the historical odds.

Regards,

- Erik

Numdydar -> RE: When (11/5/2013 8:25:59 PM)

Thanks Eric.

So no need to stay up in the US until 12:01 AM EST and expect to get the game on the 7th [:)]

Of course people living further East of EST may need to stay up later before everyone West of you runs the game out of stock before you wake up [:D]

DSWargamer -> RE: When (11/5/2013 9:05:03 PM)

Wimps :)

You walk up to wife, give her 200 bucks, tell her to go off and enjoy the shopping.

Then you order the game, and you stop hand wringing about excuses.

No I don't want to hear your comments about you can't locate 400 bucks. Sucks to be you, the PS4 comes out in days, I hope you don't have kids :) Christmas is coming, you must love this time of year :)

I buy what I want and I don't offer any excuses. They get their own allowances and I don't care what they spend it on and they don't get to comment about mine.

Just hours to go, can't wait.

I'm also all fired up for the Desolation of Smaug too.

jeffk3510 -> RE: When (11/5/2013 9:42:12 PM)

I do what I want as well.. just trying to laugh with everyone.

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: When (11/5/2013 9:48:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

I do what I want as well.. just trying to laugh with everyone.

Were you looking over your shoulder as you typed that? [:D]

And Les, I mean DWS [;)], some people are suffering in this economy and every year we should all make an effort to try and help out those that may not be able to afford Christmas gifts to their children. Hardly anything that needs to be sneered at. I could go on but I'll drop the subject and instead elect to do something I've never done before. Use that green button.

And done. I don't want this fine occasion to slide into a pissin match.

Good day.

mo reb

Aurelian -> RE: When (11/5/2013 10:00:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

Or you could use the old Babe and Switch. Be super nice all evening waiting on her hand and foot. Make it memorable.

Then the next morning when you are looking glum and she asks whats wrong? you say Not much....(dramatic pause).....It's just that all my single friends are getting this game and when I told them I couldnt they all said that is why they are still single. (remember to do this while last night is still fresh in her mind, yes, before pissing her off in the morning if possible)

She'll be shamed into doing what is against her good nature. No way are them single guys gonna have one up on you. She wont have it. Guilt, when applied correctly, can get some things done.

That'll be $25.

p.s. Don't forget to tell her how great of an idea it is of hers to get the game. Never let this one seem like your idea so, come bill time, it wont be used against you.

Plan 2 gets a little more deviant. Do you have access to a shovel and a bag of lime?

Does Plan 1 really work?

As for Plan 2, a boat and the 12 mile limit,

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: When (11/5/2013 10:07:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

quote:

That'll be $25.

Does Plan 1 really work?

As for Plan 2, a boat and the 12 mile limit,

It has to work. I've seen it on an Afterschool Special starring Scott Baio. And Choachi would never lie.

Plan 2? Nothing beats a hog. They'll eat everything. Round here they call it 'Gone Missing'. YMMV

[image]local://upfiles/21148/1ACF7A8C3AF64A3295165EBD0DBA6D45.jpg[/image]

SamuraiProgrmmr -> RE: When (11/6/2013 12:03:52 AM)

This is one place where Steve's STRATEGIC PLANNING has come into play. I have been telling my wife for many years.... I am going to buy this game when it comes out. I predict she will encourage me to get something else (like an extra monitor) just because I have patiently waited so long.

She is smart. She knows. We have been married for 25 years and I keep telling her that even murderers get out after 20.... This game is cheaper on her than a parole hearing!!!

[:'(][:'(][:'(]

[sm=character0272.gif][sm=character0272.gif] It is almost here![sm=happy0065.gif]

Aurelian -> RE: When (11/6/2013 4:07:27 AM)

Chachi wouldn't dare do otherwise. Not with him for a cousin.

[image]local://upfiles/24234/6468683145024EA086BFC242D6074692.jpg[/image]

Aurelian -> RE: When (11/6/2013 11:28:21 PM)

But if this guy wants Plan 2, I wouldn't dare say no.

[image]local://upfiles/24234/3E71DE4440634E508421764B4ECF6B84.jpg[/image]

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: When (11/6/2013 11:31:27 PM)

quote:

You know there was a time I thought he could take on the whole Red Army. Now, looking back, I think he needed help opening a bottled Grape Nehi.

Aurelian -> RE: When (11/6/2013 11:46:13 PM)

quote:

quote:

You know there was a time I thought he could take on the whole Red Army. Now, looking back, I think he needed help opening a bottled Grape Nehi.

Sit on it [:D]

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: When (11/6/2013 11:49:00 PM)

lol Game set and match

Aurelian -> RE: When (11/6/2013 11:54:26 PM)

quote:

lol Game set and match

[:D] Never mess with a guy who has his own statue. Even the birds stay clear.

DSWargamer -> RE: When (11/7/2013 12:31:02 AM)

Pity, it's Thursday in New Zealand right now, but I'm not in New Zealand.

I wonder if being in tomorrow helps?

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI