Squad strength (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding

Priapus1 -> Squad strength (11/5/2013 3:03:43 AM)

I'm adding an "assault squad" in 1944 consisting of 8 mp43/44 and 1 42 mg. I was testing to see if this unit was stronger than the standard 43 rifle squad by giving a division 500 of each squad and 100% support units. I was expecting the assault squad division to be considerably more powerful than the 43 rifle squad division, however bother divisions had exactly the same offensive strength of 10.8. Do the weapons in a squad make any difference to the strength of a squad or is it just number of men in a squad that have any influence?

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Squad strength (11/5/2013 5:11:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Priapus1

I'm adding an "assault squad" in 1944 consisting of 8 mp43/44 and 1 42 mg. I was testing to see if this unit was stronger than the standard 43 rifle squad by giving a division 500 of each squad and 100% support units. I was expecting the assault squad division to be considerably more powerful than the 43 rifle squad division, however bother divisions had exactly the same offensive strength of 10.8. Do the weapons in a squad make any difference to the strength of a squad or is it just number of men in a squad that have any influence?

In order to compensate for the lack of manpower and TO&E that was the whole idea to add more automatic weapons to a reduced 8-9 men squad. In terms of fire-power they're equal, if not stronger than a 43 Rfl Sqd.

Klink, Oberst

Priapus1 -> RE: Squad strength (11/5/2013 10:44:37 AM)

That's what I'm trying to represent with the assault squads; Hitlers plan to mass produce the MP 44. The squads I have created have exactly the same number of men as the 43 rifle squad but have superior equipment, yet their strength in game is exactly the same. I'm assuming this means weapon selections have no impact on squad strength.

morvael -> RE: Squad strength (11/5/2013 10:51:25 AM)

Look at 26.1.4.

Rifle Squads and SMG Squads have the same combat value of 3, so better equipment does not affect overall combat value of the entire unit, only numbers and types of ground elements used. A better equipped squad will perform better in combat, with more efficient weapons causing more disruption, damage and destruction to enemy elements, reducing their combat value with greater efficiency. Remember this game has two distinct parts to it's combat system (CV comparison and actual fire combat) and only the first part (CV) is easily measurable. Estabilishing impact of changes in the second part (fire combat) is very hard, as it is an art rather than science (to the external observer).

Priapus1 -> RE: Squad strength (11/5/2013 12:06:19 PM)

Thanks morvael.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI