Matrix Games -- My heroes! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

28ID -> Matrix Games -- My heroes! (11/7/2013 8:02:06 PM)

I just pushed the button and committed to what should be, with luck, a few thousand hours of enjoyable grognardom. I bought WIF way back in the 90's, but space and cats (the board wargamer's mortal enemies) prevented me from ever playing a full game. Now, success! It was a long wait, but worth it.

I especially want to thank the Matrix crew (and everyone else involved) for releasing the game at a reasonable price. I'm sure it will pay for itself very soon. I'm on a fixed income and I have to choose wisely in game purchases, but I will eat cat food and rice and beans for the rest of the month to own this baby! I had predicted a $120 price tag back in the summer, so I was very pleasantly surprised to see it at -- with shipping -- $110. Someday, when I own a barn or a mansion, I will splurge on the maps!

philabos -> RE: Matrix Games -- My heroes! (11/7/2013 9:59:46 PM)

I will second that! Have a special built table for the board game in basement but also have three cats. Unfortunately they get to choose their own action phase. Been looking forward to this!

Greyshaft -> RE: Matrix Games -- My heroes! (11/7/2013 10:14:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 28ID
so I was very pleasantly surprised to see it at -- with shipping -- $110

While those of us living half a planet away pay $42 shipping and wait a few extra weeks <slow burn>

I know... it's nobodies fault ... not even the Romans

</mindless whinge mode>

warspite1 -> RE: Matrix Games -- My heroes! (11/7/2013 10:24:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greyshaft

quote:

ORIGINAL: 28ID
so I was very pleasantly surprised to see it at -- with shipping -- $110

While those of us living half a planet away pay $42 shipping and wait a few extra weeks <slow burn>

I know... it's nobodies fault ... not even the Romans

</mindless whinge mode>

warspite1

No one's fault? I blame the illuminati....

WIF_Killzone -> RE: Matrix Games -- My heroes! (11/7/2013 10:59:36 PM)

I am impressed with the pricing, my wife, not so much, ha.

28ID -> RE: Matrix Games -- My heroes! (11/8/2013 4:01:37 AM)

Just wave shiny objects at her while ordering with the other hand. If it doesn't work, I didn't suggest it!

aspqrz02 -> RE: Matrix Games -- My heroes! (11/8/2013 5:05:24 AM)

No no no! It's the GOP ... Ted Cruz has figured out a surefire way to cause the gummint to grind to a complete halt! [:D]

(Apologies from a non-Yankee)

Phil

Erik Rutins -> RE: Matrix Games -- My heroes! (11/8/2013 1:42:16 PM)

Thank you and please remember to thank Steve and the test team, who have put in an enormous amount of work here.

Also, a reminder about the forum rules - no politics please.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI