Request (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> After Action Report

Maesphil74 -> Request (11/9/2013 2:32:15 PM)

As I am now contemplating buying this and sending the 7 trees, excuse me, hardbound manuals to the sister of my colleague (who lives in Washington) and then learning the game solitaire awaiting the AI:

Can somebody post an AAR from a netplay game on youtube?
Or even just from a solitaire game?

Seems amazing that no 2 player AAR has been started between some beta testers.

If any of you guys could do a youtube so people can at least see how the games plays out etc.

Oh, and any reviews out yet?

thanks!

Maesphil74 -> RE: Request (11/10/2013 2:38:07 PM)

Ello?? [&:]

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: Request (11/10/2013 4:05:55 PM)

There are some AARs. But none for NetPlay that I know of. It takes a lot of time and effort to do an AAR and the beta testers were/are busy beta testing.

I don't know about reviews - but the Matrix/Slitherine marketing people will undoubtedly announce any that come out.

Posting things to youtube would be yet more work for whoever does it. There have been suggestions that the tutorial videos should be on youtube, but we were concerned about the degradation in the quality of the video that might result.

Maesphil74 -> RE: Request (11/10/2013 5:49:31 PM)

thanks Steve

I'm still pondering what to do: order and have the books shipped to a fictional place in the USA (I've seen people talking about how they were able to do this, so it's a viable option).

Still leaves me "AI less", but I could try to learn the game while waiting by playing solitaire

However, it's still an expensive game and I do need some more info before taking the plunge.

No demo: I know the matrix policy (don't agree, but it is what it is).
The usual answer from matrix is that a let's play video on youtube is much better for their games compared with demos.

I can't see how doing a let's play video between 2 people could be much work [&:]
Isn't it just playing like they would be doing anyways and hit the record button?

I really think this game could use some more exposure; a lot of people on the fence for the known reasons.
I keep on checking youtube for some movies, but zilch.
Come on guys!
Just do it [:D]

I would be very [&o]

mllange -> RE: Request (11/15/2013 7:50:07 PM)

It seems to me a netplay AAR on YouTube would be b-o-r-i-n-g. Unless you played with some fancy production toys the video would only show one player's screen, a lot of setup and waiting, and it would be extremely frustrating and difficult to watch.

henri51 -> RE: Request (11/16/2013 8:32:59 PM)

Best to get an idea of the game are the written AARs. Although I also very much like Youtube videos of the "Let's play" type - and watch a lot of them, I am not sure that this game would fit that model well; the reason is that most of the play consists of using tables (with icons) and clicking items on on them, and watching the results in tabular form (more or less). For example in naval warfare, you click on the planes you want to use, click on various options about them, click on the targets you want to hit, click on options to increase your chances or decrease the enemy's, eventually click on Ok, and watch a screen displaying the result, then rinse and repeat until one side has had enough. (Or at least that is what I understood from watching the video tutorial on that subject an hour ago). So wtchin the units move on the map is a very small part of the game, or of some parts.

Now perhaps a good communicator could gloss over some of the more intricate parts of the gameplay and focus on RESULTS using the map, and that may be worth a try.

Any new game that comes out usually has dozens of Youtube videos within a week or so (take for instance Command:air and naval warfare), but not a single one has yet appeared for this game. I am not sure whether this is due to the time required to learn the game or to the inherent difficulty of describing gameplay in a video.

I am not too worried about the loss of image quality on Youtube for the video tutorials. Many of the videos on Youtube support the 1080i format, which is crystal clear on my 27-inch monitor - I suppose it depends on how they are recorded.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI