hellcat vs rbrunsman h2h (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR

hellcat -> hellcat vs rbrunsman h2h (1/21/2003 5:51:26 PM)

The Bulge, '44 - 6000 US vs 6600 German, snowstorm but high visibility (45!)

US Army moves... no sign of Fritz and (wait for it!) No breakdowns!!! :eek: (a rare event for me!)

Hellcats are moving out!

:D

rbrunsman -> (1/24/2003 9:51:42 AM)

It's fffffrreeeezzzzzinngggg out here. I live in Arizona and we don't know from snow and cold! :( I hardly ever play winter PBEMs.

With all this snow around it's very difficult to get the troops moving and it is slow going. However, the guns work fine so we take some long distance shots at a jeep and a couple scout teams that have stuck their noses over the center line of hills. No hits but it's fun to exercise the guns. :)

Slowly advancing. Will it be turn 10 before we actually have real contact because of the snow and ice?

hellcat -> (1/24/2003 9:14:20 PM)

US Forces advance has been somewhat stalled by the presence of nashorns and jpz70s on the hilltops... our scouts can see some of the German forces and their arty is already seeking us out...

rbrunsman -> (1/25/2003 8:27:20 AM)

Well those Nashorns are sure good shooters. I popped a Greyhound at 2Km! I also got an HT at 2Km with a Tiger.

Unfortunately, one of my primemover crew's last transmission was, "There's no way those lame *** Americans are going to hit us at this ran...."

hellcat -> (1/26/2003 3:13:49 AM)

That must have been an m20 scout as I ain't got no greyhounds... good shooting all the same tho... :eek:

we keep our heads down as we advance and the occasional long range shell explodes nearby... even our backyard vehicles experience this unsettling shelling!

we spot some panzergrenadiers gathering to take a hill and call down some arty onto their heads...

we probe some more:cool:

and somewhere in the snow the hellcats are prowling...

rbrunsman -> (1/26/2003 1:58:20 PM)

It is dangerous to be out in the open in this battle. Of the 4 HTs I spotted, 3 of them are burning wrecks, hit from over 1000 yards away. I myself lost an HT because the driver was foolish enough to think those **** 3" AT Guns couldn't strike two times in a row.:mad: The same goes for the Sdkfz221 driver that just had to see what was over the next hill.

Will I never learn? Probably not...

hellcat -> (1/27/2003 10:46:23 PM)

We see a Nashorn burning in the distance :D

Those hts of mine were the wrong ones and not able to take my 12 man squads so no great loss and the correct ones have been ordered up to the line...

One of my recon teams ran into pzgrenadiers and gave them bursts the supporting M16 got hit however :(

a hellcat taking a shortcut managed to get immobilised with a long range spike from who knows where? :(

skirmishing for the hilltops is going to be a dangerous affair with such good visibility and german long range firepower...

rbrunsman -> (1/29/2003 1:09:47 PM)

Hellcat doesn't have to worry about that immobilized Hellcat any more. I took care of it.:) I also shot up a light tank and a jeep I immobilized before but hadn't gotten around to before. Anything left in site will draw fire from my long range guns.

I'm running into alot of scout teams as I move forward. I spot another Hellcat and a Wolverine, but I can't get any guns into position to take them out. Oh well, I'll just wait for them to make a mistake and come under my overwatching AT guns like their friend before them did.

I haven't seen any infantry squads as I recall. I wonder where they could be sneaking about.

I think we may end up with out infantry on either side of the hills tossing grenades at each other because it is too dangerous to expose yourself to the other's Op Fire guns.

Oh, and that Nashorn got it from a lucky shot with your heavy arty.:mad: :(

hellcat -> (1/29/2003 11:34:28 PM)

Not much luck this round :( We send in some support vehicles against the huddle of panzergrenadiers and FJ grouped behind the central ridge only for them to be knocked out... our poor recon team is forced to manage on their own but do manage to call down some arty onto the position...

Gutted about losing a hellcat without it firing a shot off :mad:

There will be payback for that!!!

With enemy occupying heights and making movement extremely difficult we crawl forward hoping not be sniped at...

my infantry not shown up yet? That was the wrong halftracks fault... we're still awaiting new ones...

Gary Tatro -> One word for you HellCat (1/30/2003 12:21:26 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hellcat
[B]Not much luck this round :( We send in some support vehicles against the huddle of panzergrenadiers and FJ grouped behind the central ridge only for them to be knocked out... our poor recon team is forced to manage on their own but do manage to call down some arty onto the position...

Gutted about losing a hellcat without it firing a shot off :mad:

There will be payback for that!!!

With enemy occupying heights and making movement extremely difficult we crawl forward hoping not be sniped at...

my infantry not shown up yet? That was the wrong halftracks fault... we're still awaiting new ones... [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=4]SMOKE[/SIZE]

rbrunsman -> Re: One word for you HellCat (1/30/2003 4:29:12 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gary Tatro
[B][SIZE=4]SMOKE[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=4]GARY!!![/SIZE] No help from the peanut gallery, please! If Hellcat wants a beautiful, unhindered view of this beautiful winter wonderland we are playing in, who are you to suggest otherwise?:p

Gary Tatro -> Well (1/30/2003 5:36:52 AM)

If you can hi-jack my post I can do the same to you. :D :D :D

rbrunsman -> (1/30/2003 11:44:09 AM)

LOL:D

rbrunsman -> (1/30/2003 11:48:45 AM)

Well, up along the northern edge of the map, I saw a Hellcat during VCR playback that I got an Op Fire shot at as it dashed over a ridge. Too bad I missed it. I couldn't locate it during my turn so I expect it will pop out take a few shots and dash back into cover.

Hellcat seems to use as many recon troops as 3/2 ACR does. And that means alot! The d@mn things are popping up all over the place and some of them just don't know when to run away. They just stand there trading shots with my HT and Grenadiers.

Other than that, I think I got one light tank IIRC. Hellcat has decided stealth is safer with the 75mm AT guns I have on overwatch.

hellcat -> (1/31/2003 11:48:43 PM)

dammit we lost that hellcat in the North!

Yes Gary you're right about smoke it's dropping now just that I had some priority panzergrenadiers to plug a little while they were in a huddle... and I'm carrying maybe too many 60mm mortars and not enough with the range to cover his standoff tanks and guns...

not much else to report, some skirmishing and more sneaking around... still waiting for them halftracks!

rbrunsman -> (2/2/2003 3:17:11 PM)

Thanks alot Gary! Now I have to relocate my JgPzs. ;)

Hellcat's brand new HTs have shown up. Well at least one made it to the party... for a minute anyway. It's currently doing duty as a squad weiner roaster since I popped it with a well placed HEAT round. :)

Other than that, I had a perfectly executed setup go terribly wrong. I knew Hellcat had a TankDestroyer force trying to slip around to my flank in the south. I let Hellcat think I didn't see it coming and I let him get real close, bombabrded the area with mortars, spotted a couple TDs and then moved in for the kill with my PzIVs. Unfortunately for me, I didn't anticipate a Hellcat sitting on the other side of the ridge that I had been hiding behind. The Hellcat missed me but his passenger, an AT team torched me. So, I move another PzIV up to take it out and the Hellcat gets me first.:mad: That's 2 PzIVs lost and no damage done to the force moving up in the south. I well, I just dare Hellcat to stick [U]his[/U] nose over the ridge like I did.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI