Lots of ships in setup tray? Double-click. :) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

Grotius -> Lots of ships in setup tray? Double-click. :) (11/11/2013 9:58:42 PM)

I thought I'd offer my favorite unsolicited UI tip. When you're setting up naval units, you can select all visible naval units in the setup tray by double-clicking on one of them. If you first filter for, say, CAs, you can select all CAs by double-clicking on one of them. This is handy when setup tells you to set up a big group of ships in a specified port (e.g., Honolulu in "Guadalcanal").

aspqrz02 -> RE: Lots of ships in setup tray? Double-click. :) (11/11/2013 10:49:32 PM)

But make sure that the line of ships that extends offscreen doesn't include, oh, Convoys, as, as far as I can tell, once you've placed ships there is no easy way of going back and stripping out the wrongly placed ones except by using the pull down menu and selecting "next unit" for EVERY SINGLE SHIP BEFORE THE ONES YOU MISPLACED.

Unless someone knows something I don't (very likely [:D])

Phil

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: Lots of ships in setup tray? Double-click. :) (11/11/2013 11:08:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: aspqrz

But make sure that the line of ships that extends offscreen doesn't include, oh, Convoys, as, as far as I can tell, once you've placed ships there is no easy way of going back and stripping out the wrongly placed ones except by using the pull down menu and selecting "next unit" for EVERY SINGLE SHIP BEFORE THE ONES YOU MISPLACED.

Unless someone knows something I don't (very likely [:D])

Phil

Use the Flyouts to select a bunch of units from a hex/sea area.

Or if there are a lot in the hex, use the Naval Review Details form.

Or Ctrl-Left-click on a hex to select many units from a big stack.

Use the global map to drop convoys into sea areas during setup - that's easiest.

bo -> RE: Lots of ships in setup tray? Double-click. :) (11/11/2013 11:26:37 PM)

During a new game naval setup I found it much easier to first put one carrier in the port you might prefer and then add its air wing [if using the carrier plane rule]then the next carrier and its airwing and so on, it is less confusing that way. The picture below shows my Carrier setup in the port of Rabaul.

The square box with a [2] in it is the carriers capacity rating the plane assigned to that carrier carries a [2] rating so it can be fitted onto that carrier. [3 with a 3] another [3 with a 3] [a 4 with a 4.] Next two carriers carry a 4 rating I put two wings with a three rating on them if I had another airwing with a 1 rating I could have put it on either carrier, the last carrier which has a 4 capacity rating has a 3 rated airwing and a 1 rated airwing on its flight deck. Maximum airwings on one carrier is two.

Easy for me to say right [;)] if you need a deeper explanation please post your question.

Bo

[image]local://upfiles/31758/AA4C7E022DE748C5B872144C74B33588.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI