RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

Ingtar -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (4/14/2014 7:13:44 PM)

I'm a software developer (not games). I have been known to push boundaries. I wish I had beta tested this. I let the lack of AI (at first) keep me away.

WarHunter -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (6/6/2014 4:41:10 AM)

WarHunter's Recolor Mod Complete is now available for download.

My gift to those who want a little different color to their ww2 gaming experience.

Viktor_Kormel_slith -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (6/9/2014 11:26:01 AM)

Ready to second global war, this time with more optionals included. I plan to report the bugs this time, I did not in my first game, maybe a light AAR too. And soon.. first try with my friends in hotseat mode[sm=00000280.gif]

Dorb -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (7/28/2014 11:05:37 PM)

Checked to see where we are at with patches to see if I want to mess with it.

Twisted1 -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (7/29/2014 1:50:52 AM)

Hey Dorb, what part of Ohio r u from?

FroBodine -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (7/29/2014 1:53:20 PM)

Got angry at Matrix Games because they are making zero progress on the A.I. version, and thinking about what else I could have spent my $100 on instead.

Joseignacio -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (7/29/2014 1:54:32 PM)

Keep it frozen till playable.

Mayhemizer_slith -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (7/29/2014 4:53:27 PM)

Playing with my friend and Germany invading France through Maginot-line. One French militia was killed and another one was shattered. We were not sure if it goes to any city or "own" city. It kind of matters, because one of those militia was from Dakar. So we saved the game, shattered Dakar militia and ended turn. I went went "quickly" through all and of turn stages and found out that Dakar militia goes to Dakar. So I loaded the game and some how save was broken, I was not able to continue play.

What next? I reloaded from auto save "Land combat resolution" and played again 3 combats as many times as needed to get same results. Including one combat with roll 4. You might quess that I had to load and roll those combats few times ;)

And now we are ready to continue...

paulderynck -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (7/29/2014 5:08:46 PM)

You are not using the option to set die rolls, then? Are you playing Solitaire or Hot Seat?

Edit: BTW, the next time this happens wouldn't you be better off shattering the other unit?

Mayhemizer_slith -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (7/29/2014 5:31:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

You are not using the option to set die rolls, then? Are you playing Solitaire or Hot Seat?

Edit: BTW, the next time this happens wouldn't you be better off shattering the other unit?

Set die rolls? Is this a joke or how/where can I choose that? Hope it's not a joke and I learn something important today :)

We are playing Solitaire using screen share over internet.

composer99 -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (7/29/2014 5:34:05 PM)

Set die rolls was an option for the beta version IIRC.

paulderynck -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (7/29/2014 6:37:53 PM)

Oh no it is there all the time in Solitaire. When a die roll comes up in a dialog box, it will have cursor focus and you can type over it with the number you want. I believe it is only disabled in Hot Seat and NetPlay.

WarHunter -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (7/29/2014 6:51:40 PM)

You can find the set die roll in the drop down menu, Interface.

[image]local://upfiles/11425/97CCA2EEDBDE40999F7F969C4B313067.jpg[/image]

paulderynck -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (7/29/2014 10:10:14 PM)

Thanks WarHunter. I think it defaults to on for Solitaire though (just now tried it with a new game - although it's possible my interface settings have it on and they always override).

Dorb -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (7/30/2014 12:20:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twisted1

Hey Dorb, what part of Ohio r u from?

NW of Dayton. [:)]

Dorb -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (7/30/2014 12:22:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joseignacio

Keep it frozen till playable.

I like that idea.
Thaw - In the year 2525, just like the song...[:D]

paulderynck -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (7/30/2014 2:29:09 AM)

In the year 2525,
If Bo is still alive...

Mayhemizer_slith -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (7/30/2014 4:17:33 AM)

Paulderynck, WarHunter. Thank you. Every I learn something...

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (7/31/2014 1:32:17 AM)

quote:

Oh no it is there all the time in Solitaire. When a die roll comes up in a dialog box, it will have cursor focus and you can type over it with the number you want. I believe it is only disabled in Hot Seat and NetPlay.

Correct.

But you also have to have set the Player Interface variable to enable setting die rolls.

Note that the values for the Player Interface Settings are for the 'computer', and stay the same for all scenarios and all Modes of play - unless of course you change them.

majordefeat -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (8/6/2014 11:43:41 AM)

Installed my second eldest son as the Duke of Essex. Oh wait no that was Crusader Kings.

Dorb -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (10/12/2014 2:48:00 AM)

Back from vacation and was checking my non-Steam Matrix games for updates and found patch V1.2.1.5 and loaded it. Woot!

ess1 -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (10/12/2014 9:23:17 AM)

Still wondering whether to reinstall...[&:]

chemkid -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (10/12/2014 9:56:41 AM)

ess1 -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (10/12/2014 10:09:02 AM)

@chem - thanks for prompt reply oh tempter[:D]
Think I d/l incorrectly. Where is the .ftp site?

ess1 -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (10/12/2014 10:17:36 AM)

Found it!
[sm=00000436.gif]

ess1 -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (10/12/2014 10:25:29 AM)

Doesn't work. After blowing all the dust off manuals too.[:)]

chemkid -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (10/12/2014 11:20:28 AM)

bo -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (10/12/2014 3:18:54 PM)

quote:

In the year 2525,
If Bo is still alive...

Alive and well but senile and in a cheap nursing home without the internet [:D]

Bo

CanInf -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (10/14/2014 2:25:09 PM)

Too much oil! starting the global war game in a hotseat game, I built both synth oils right off the bat with germany. Arghhhh mistake. I finally did kill off France, but without troops I could only pull off 1-2 attacks per impulse. I simply had to let great opportunities go by to fill the line on a few key attacks. The problem was only made worse by dreadful rolls on Warsaw and a brilliant counterattack on the advancing troops in France. Needless to say, I was thankful when France fell, but the the German Army is tiny and a 41 barbarossa is unthinkable.Ohh and all my bf 109 Es were killed in France, so my pilots are a strength 3 fighter and a single bf 110. Not a great start. It could be a short war.

DQ2004 -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (10/14/2014 11:28:30 PM)

The other day I switched back to Warhunter's lovely Khaki in Flames Mod.

Here is what it looks like in my current game;

This is global control as of the start of May/Jun 1943.
Yes, I know. Its a bit out of control.
We're going to see if we can invade the USA. At the moment Manstein has just launched an offensive in the south of the Russian front, and utterly shattered what I thought was quite a good line.
The aim of the operation will be to sieze the Caucasus, get Turkey onto the Axis' side and relieve the pressure in Iraq, where the Soviets are tearing up the Axis (but that is the only place where the Allies are winning).

I'm still not game to try the oil rules (perhaps next time).

Hope the dice are going your way, regards all

[image]local://upfiles/46315/872FC1A6385648F9B4E07A03FB4990F7.jpg[/image]

Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI