RE: Books arrived, let me say they are incredible as books go (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

bo -> RE: Books arrived, let me say they are incredible as books go (11/24/2013 6:12:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dabrion

If you enjoy high quality physical products go to ADG and buy the board game!

Dont have to, we have the board game it is called MWIF [&o]

Bo

Dabrion -> RE: Books arrived, let me say they are incredible as books go (11/24/2013 6:21:24 PM)

MWiF is a computer game, modeling the board game WiF. I think you are quite aware of that, what are trying to archive here?

bo -> RE: Books arrived, let me say they are incredible as books go (11/24/2013 6:32:32 PM)

quote:

MWiF is a computer game, modeling the board game WiF. I think you are quite aware of that, what are trying to archive here?

I am an American you are German, maybe a different meaning in Germany, explain archive to this dummy or your meaning of it. You have been very negative please dont push it. I am trying to be pleasant but I can play your game too. Enough is enough.

Bo

Dabrion -> RE: Books arrived, let me say they are incredible as books go (11/24/2013 6:43:21 PM)

meant to write "achieve"

I have no idea why you try to threaten me ;) If you want to play forum gestapo go ahead.. you have me half smiling..

bo -> RE: Books arrived, let me say they are incredible as books go (11/24/2013 6:51:56 PM)

quote:

meant to write "achieve"

I have no idea why you try to threaten me ;) If you want to play forum gestapo go ahead.. you have me half smiling..

Achieve would have sufficed, learn how to spell. You should know about the Gestapo thats for sure, I dont threaten anyone and never have here for 6 years, I am just sick and tired of the trolling okay!

Your comment in Bounce combat post was correct and that is what you ought to stick to, helping posters.

Bo

Dabrion -> RE: Books arrived, let me say they are incredible as books go (11/24/2013 6:58:50 PM)

Wow, that escalated quickly .. bro

paulderynck -> RE: Books arrived, let me say they are incredible as books go (11/24/2013 7:45:09 PM)

quote:

If you enjoy high quality physical products go to ADG and buy the board game!

I have done so, but did not receive any hard cover books from ADG.

DSWargamer -> RE: Books arrived, let me say they are incredible as books go (11/24/2013 8:05:50 PM)

I am assuming the 'boys' complaint was aimed at me :)

You need to understand, I call any male my age or less a boy. That means 50s and under.

Hey if it helps, you can call me a girl I won't hold it against you.

No thrill being called an old woman.

Was looking at the front of the books today. I wonder how many zoomed right past the Forwards?
There are some comments in them, that actually make for significant reading.
Rules as Written, and Rules as Coded, and for all real purposes, the same thing. I wonder how many have made a big fuss over them being different, when the only places that they ARE different means almost nothing.

The first two volumes, basically Vol 2 exists mainly as making it just one book would make it pretty damned heavy eh. Volume 2 starts with Chapter 8. So looking at the contents in Vol 1, everything past Chapter 7 is in the other book. Rules as Coded, is essentially the exact same game as the 65 page rules book. But they went and enjoyed the fact they had full colour and lots of space to work with, and weren't trying to cram the manual into a box along with counters and maps.

Even if you owned the entire board game, and wanted nothing to do with the computer game, this product is a great deal simply for the benefit of the much nicer written experience.

And it isn't like it is a unique experience. ASL is a board game, and the rules manual is a separate purchase. Yep, it is about as expensive to by the base ASL manual, as it is to buy this game, and the ASL manual is just a manual, no maps no counters.

Part of me is no doubt going to lament I didn't get the maps.

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: Books arrived, let me say they are incredible as books go (11/24/2013 8:15:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DSWargamer

I am assuming the 'boys' complaint was aimed at me :)

You need to understand, I call any male my age or less a boy. That means 50s and under.

Hey if it helps, you can call me a girl I won't hold it against you.

No thrill being called an old woman.

Was looking at the front of the books today. I wonder how many zoomed right past the Forwards?
There are some comments in them, that actually make for significant reading.
Rules as Written, and Rules as Coded, and for all real purposes, the same thing. I wonder how many have made a big fuss over them being different, when the only places that they ARE different means almost nothing.

The first two volumes, basically Vol 2 exists mainly as making it just one book would make it pretty damned heavy eh. Volume 2 starts with Chapter 8. So looking at the contents in Vol 1, everything past Chapter 7 is in the other book. Rules as Coded, is essentially the exact same game as the 65 page rules book. But they went and enjoyed the fact they had full colour and lots of space to work with, and weren't trying to cram the manual into a box along with counters and maps.

Even if you owned the entire board game, and wanted nothing to do with the computer game, this product is a great deal simply for the benefit of the much nicer written experience.

And it isn't like it is a unique experience. ASL is a board game, and the rules manual is a separate purchase. Yep, it is about as expensive to by the base ASL manual, as it is to buy this game, and the ASL manual is just a manual, no maps no counters.

Part of me is no doubt going to lament I didn't get the maps.

The actual break point between the volumes is 8.7.1 and 8.7.2. The former are informational forms. The latter forms are used for making decisions.

RAC is more than RAW because a ton of clarifications and corrections from Harry have been embedded in the appropriate sections. They are in an italicized font. The MWIF deviations are also italicized; both are labelled as such so you can tell which is which.

DSWargamer -> RE: Books arrived, let me say they are incredible as books go (11/25/2013 12:43:02 AM)

Was I was being brief :) RAC is so much more deluxe than RAW :)

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI