Seeking Allied opponent for small scenarios (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted

CyrusSpitama -> Seeking Allied opponent for small scenarios (11/15/2013 9:05:13 PM)

As stated above, seeking a PBEM opponent for short term commitment. I have no experience with WitP:AE vs human and really want this before diving into a campaign.

Any level of experience player can respond. I seek no house rules and in fact, seek to *test* why some of the house rules are in place. Not that I doubt the experiences of others... :P

A little background on me:

Played a lot of war games both board and computer including a predecessor to this game, Uncommon Valor. I played this game both vs AI and vs human. As for my experience with WitP, I did play the original mostly against others ( I did not own the game) but, I have yet to try WitP:AE vs. a human. I am currently on my 5th attempt to play a campaign game vs. the AI and to learn what works and what doesnt work for the Jap economy. A tricky deal indeed! Of course, my economy decisions have yet to be tested beyond a late '42 game that I admittedly pushed rapidly through turns at the end to check some of my earlier long term economy decisions.

Encircled -> RE: Seeking Allied opponent for small scenarios (11/16/2013 9:45:33 AM)

Hi,

Never played PBEM but have decent experience v AI as the allies. Found WITP-AE after taking the plunge and buying and playing WITE (but the constant changes to make it playable Human v Human caused me to look elsewhere for a challange!). Have a job, kids and what constitutes a life in this troubled times (!) so won't be all out, but should be able to manage between 7-10 turns a week.

I like the idea of taking on the scenarios to see if we get on well enough to try a campaign game, so up to you!

CyrusSpitama -> RE: Seeking Allied opponent for small scenarios (11/16/2013 3:02:24 PM)

Let's do EEETTT!!

PM'ing you my email now. I assumed we would get nice and dirty to start the fight. Coral Sea sound good to you?

JocMeister -> RE: Seeking Allied opponent for small scenarios (11/16/2013 5:26:28 PM)

Good luck to you both! [:)]

Encircled -> RE: Seeking Allied opponent for small scenarios (11/16/2013 6:09:06 PM)

Reply sent!

Coral sea is fine and I'm extremely nervous about taking on a human so I'll have to get my concentration head on!

Feltan -> RE: Seeking Allied opponent for small scenarios (11/16/2013 8:56:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Encircled

Reply sent!

Coral sea is fine and I'm extremely nervous about taking on a human so I'll have to get my concentration head on!

Go to the pub and have a couple of pints!

If you win you'll enjoy it more, and if you lose you'll have an excuse.

Regards,
Feltan

Encircled -> RE: Seeking Allied opponent for small scenarios (11/16/2013 9:03:49 PM)

Not sure booze is the key to being good at this game![:)]

CyrusSpitama -> RE: Seeking Allied opponent for small scenarios (11/16/2013 9:44:36 PM)

Booze and wargaming go hand in hand. Mind you, winning and booze arent always such a good match :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI