ai aggression (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Pandora Series

stanstill -> ai aggression (11/18/2013 6:50:50 AM)

hey the new patch make it unplayable the AI is to aggressive declares war two early every time i start a game
the AI declares war and i am wiped out happens every time with in few turns now you cant play it at all

thanks a lot for the new patch that is sarcasm

from Stan

stanstill -> RE: ai aggression (11/18/2013 8:40:43 AM)

solved it i modded the game to give me an advantage that way i cant lose now i have unlimited money

vonRocko -> RE: ai aggression (11/18/2013 12:43:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: stanstill

solved it i modded the game to give me an advantage that way i cant lose now i have unlimited money

So you want a game that you can't lose?

Dragoon. -> RE: ai aggression (11/18/2013 7:43:16 PM)

He wants fun, and who are we to judge how he achieves it as long no one gets hurt or impaired in their freedom?

mikeCK -> RE: ai aggression (11/18/2013 9:35:42 PM)

Ok... Anyone else having this problem?

eyegore -> RE: ai aggression (11/18/2013 11:40:35 PM)

It's not a problem for me. I like to be challenged in my games. I've lost my first 4 games. I think it's great. I hated Civ5 because nothing ever happened.

The secret to getting a decent start in Pandora is how you set up the game. If for instance your playing the science guy, keep the religious and evironmentalist factions out of the game...they are naturally bent towards hating you. Whereas adding in the industry and money guys they will get along with you. You can at least give them bribes to keep them at bay. Setting up a huge map with islands helps too.

mikeCK -> RE: ai aggression (11/19/2013 12:27:07 AM)

I installed the new patch and I haven't noticed any unusual aggression. Although I didn't start a new game. In fact in mine, no one is doing much of anything. A few trade deals and such. I was thinking about starting a war (I am playing imperium after all!) but after comparing my military to others, not such a good idea. In fact, I am last in everything! Military , research, economy, etc

Flaviusx -> RE: ai aggression (11/19/2013 1:25:12 AM)

Not a problem for me. You just have to keep your military somewhat competitive and maintain non aggression pacts and trade and research deals, and praise the AI at every opportunity. If you let your military fall below a certain threshold you'll get jumped by the more aggressive AIs.

If you do get into a war set up kill zones and whittle down the strength of your opponent. Once it gets down far enough (and yours goes up) they'll be willing to entertain a peace offer.

The diplomacy screen shows relative strengths among the factions. The sweet spot is 3 dots for your military -- that's enough to deter other factions. If it falls below that, the sharks will smell blood.

At a bare minimum I like to keep 2 infantry per city as garrisons (one anti mech and one anti bio) and a handful of mech and air units for quick response. You need to build up forces to take out hives anyways, which yield a lot of credits. Then expand into the newly cleared territories and plant cities and garrison those. Rinse and repeat. Eventually you run out of space to do this and then have to plan your own wars of aggression to take out your neighbors. Generally I don't start offensive wars until late in the mechanized or early into the transcendent eras. Defending is much easier than attacking.

Velihopea -> RE: ai aggression (11/19/2013 1:23:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flaviusx
Then expand into the newly cleared territories and plant cities and garrison those. Rinse and repeat.

I though the optimal strategy would be to expand very slowly at first to let your min cities grow faster?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flaviusx
Defending is much easier than attacking.

With orbital&nuclear, I would say it's easier to attack first and kill the enemy stacks in their cities

Flaviusx -> RE: ai aggression (11/19/2013 3:27:08 PM)

By the time you are ready to take out hives you'll be ready to expand. It takes a while to put together a stack capable of wiping out a hive.

Nukes and orbital bombardment don't worry me much on the defense. I actually fear them more when I'm attacking being used against my stacks out in the open. Cities are tough nuts to crack.

That having been said, black hole generators could be game changers and the real WMD of this game; I haven't yet used them or seen them used. Orbital bombardment is very lacking once you mid to late transcend where units become immensely strong -- this stuff doesn't make much of an impression on a 300 point goliath. Nukes are better and can bust open a well defended city, but they are on a very long cooldown. In my last game it took me a half dozen or so nukes to take out merely one city and then I had to do the rest the old fashioned way by and large.

Velihopea -> RE: ai aggression (11/19/2013 3:33:21 PM)

My latest game the enemy black holed my capital to non-existence. Was a bit of surprise to see a charred black emptiness where the proud 25 pop capital once flourished.

robc04_1 -> RE: ai aggression (11/19/2013 4:55:22 PM)

Black hole generators are awesome. I used them to wipe of 6 enemy cities in the blink of an eye. That really increased my military victory % because of the massively decreased world population.

RiscoUK -> RE: ai aggression (11/22/2013 12:19:47 PM)

quote:

hey the new patch make it unplayable the AI is to aggressive declares war two early every time i start a game
the AI declares war and i am wiped out happens every time with in few turns now you cant play it at all

from Stan

this is very strange, in my first game (huge map, 6 ai dificulty hard) all ai is very frendly
i played over 200 turns and ai offered only pacts and trade\science agreements.So not fun to play
I want more aggressive ai.:(

robc04_1 -> RE: ai aggression (11/22/2013 2:54:15 PM)

I've had games where the AI is very peaceful and also where it is aggressive. I think it is reluctant to declare war with you if you have a stronger military. If you've been friendly and aren't weak I think it seems inclined to stay friendly. You can always choose to go attack someone, no need to wait for them :-)

willgamer -> RE: ai aggression (11/22/2013 4:00:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: robc04

I've had games where the AI is very peaceful and also where it is aggressive. I think it is reluctant to declare war with you if you have a stronger military. If you've been friendly and aren't weak I think it seems inclined to stay friendly. You can always choose to go attack someone, no need to wait for them :-)

I haven't experienced war like this AI wages since MOO. My tree huggers (-20% combat) have managed to get into a war, now around 50 turns long, with the religious nuts (+20 combat power). I'm holding out, but the game is likely lost due to the lost of tempo to other factions. Not to spoil any surprises, but I'm amazed at how well the AI understands the ins and outs of unit design and operations... [X(]

Like MOO, as someone posted above, I'm guessing the setup dictates much of the difficulty and aggressiveness.

Most everyone comments about the SMAC similarities, but I see a lot of MOO here... and for me that's about as good as it gets. [:)]

eyegore -> RE: ai aggression (11/22/2013 11:37:40 PM)

When the A.I. declares war you better be ready...because they are! If you lack defenses your be wiped in short order.

aaatoysandmore -> RE: ai aggression (11/29/2013 11:21:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RiscoUK

quote:

from Stan

this is very strange, in my first game (huge map, 6 ai dificulty hard) all ai is very frendly
i played over 200 turns and ai offered only pacts and trade\science agreements.So not fun to play
I want more aggressive ai.:(

well, which factions did you play against? your mother, brother, sister, grandma, pap and cousin? and which were you? that makes a lot of difference from what I've been reading. [:D]

aaatoysandmore -> RE: ai aggression (11/29/2013 11:33:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Velihopea

My latest game the enemy black holed my capital to non-existence. Was a bit of surprise to see a charred black emptiness where the proud 25 pop capital once flourished.

That's music to my ears. What difficulty were you playing on?

aaatoysandmore -> RE: ai aggression (11/29/2013 11:34:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: willgamer

quote:

ORIGINAL: robc04

I haven't experienced war like this AI wages since MOO. My tree huggers (-20% combat) have managed to get into a war, now around 50 turns long, with the religious nuts (+20 combat power). I'm holding out, but the game is likely lost due to the lost of tempo to other factions. Not to spoil any surprises, but I'm amazed at how well the AI understands the ins and outs of unit design and operations... [X(]

Like MOO, as someone posted above, I'm guessing the setup dictates much of the difficulty and aggressiveness.

Most everyone comments about the SMAC similarities, but I see a lot of MOO here... and for me that's about as good as it gets. [:)]

MOO had space battles, how many space battles does this game have?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI