CVE Long Island (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> The War Room

Mike Carroll -> CVE Long Island (1/24/2003 12:42:11 AM)

O.K. this has probably been answered before or in the manual. But I have a Marine F4F-4 Squadron based on the Long Island. I guess I thought they could fly CAP over the task force, but they are not doing anything. I have them set on 90% Cap. Also is this the way it works for all CVE's or is the Long Island special? I notice other CVE's have organic air groups. I have not received them yet so I do not know. Love this game. Thanks

HawaiiFive-O -> (1/24/2003 12:57:20 AM)

If the number of active planes are greater than 10% of the capacity of the carrier, no missions will fly (you can still fly the planes off to a base, however).

The CVE Long Island's capacity is 16. This means not even a SBD squadron of 18 will fly, but you can base a TBD/TBF squadron on it and expect it to launch missions.

The Marine VMF squadrons are 24, so they will not fly, unless they are understrength.

I hope this helps.

ps- there have been many reports of the Long Island "eating" squadrons based on her (hasn't happened to me, but I'm so scared of losing one of my squadrons I won't risk it).

Mike Carroll -> Thanks (1/24/2003 2:12:41 AM)

My invasion was successful and I transferred the squadron to the base. Thanks the help.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI