Fleet Targeting/Countermeasure Systems help when placed on bases? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Cubano -> Fleet Targeting/Countermeasure Systems help when placed on bases? (12/3/2013 5:34:31 AM)

The decription for fleet targeting and counter measures specifically states fleets but I would image they actually work through some sort of range (or perhaps system wide?), in which case they would provide benefits to ships near the base during combat. Yes?

elanaagain -> RE: Fleet Targeting/Countermeasure Systems help when placed on bases? (12/3/2013 2:33:56 PM)

My understanding is that the 'fleet-wide' benefits - ecm - etc. only extend to ships "in" that fleet. Since the game does not allow bases to be grouped into a fleet, I would expect the benefits of a fleet tech built into a base to have zero effect. Maybe they might help the base itself, don't know.

Plant -> RE: Fleet Targeting/Countermeasure Systems help when placed on bases? (12/3/2013 3:39:31 PM)

That is my understanding as well. I would add them in just in case anyhow, as fleet targeting and countermeasures are very cheap.

Cubano -> RE: Fleet Targeting/Countermeasure Systems help when placed on bases? (12/7/2013 5:15:57 AM)

Thank for the reply's. Yes they are cheap enough to add I suppose.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI