Gemini Direct Ascent Mission Progression (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

DGatsby -> Gemini Direct Ascent Mission Progression (12/14/2013 4:56:57 AM)

Hey Guys, I have an observation to make about the mission progression.

In the short duration Lunar mission section we have three program categories: Lunar flyby, Lunar orbital, and direct ascent. The direct ascent option has both flyby and orbital missions as well as the landing mission.

When I played through the game tonight I thought that by completing the flyby and orbital missions within their respective programs I could skip those two missions in the direct ascent category. It turns out though that you have to repeat those missions within the direct ascent category in order to remove the penalization.

Wouldn't it make sense that if you've completed those missions in their own categories you could skip doing them again in direct ascent? I know the hardware is slightly different, but it just seems a little silly and repetitive to have to repeat them after investing years proving you could do it in other program categories.

(It would also be nice to mix and match the rockets in the Lunar Gemini category, but I know this is a topic that has been brought up a lot.[:)])

Nacho84 -> RE: Gemini Direct Ascent Mission Progression (12/14/2013 8:52:36 AM)

Hello DGatsby,

I think it's a valid point. I'll add your suggestion to the backlog and find a solution for it in a future update.

The mix-and-match of rockets and payloads is definitely coming. We have been doing some mockups on how the screens will need to be modified in order to support that features. The biggest change, though, is the fact that we need to modify the animation scripts, so that will take us a while. But rest assured it's coming.

Cheers,

DGatsby -> RE: Gemini Direct Ascent Mission Progression (12/14/2013 9:57:42 PM)

Cool man, thanks!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI