Return to base error: minor ships unable to rebase (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support

FreddaH -> Return to base error: minor ships unable to rebase (12/17/2013 12:16:26 PM)

In the return to base step, I have put American ships in Malta and Gibraltar. The US isn't at war with Ge/It yet. A Dutch sub in the Italian Coast sea area thus cannot rebase to Malta, and despite having range 2, it can't seem to be rebased to any CW controlled port in the Eastern Med. Thus, it is unable to be rebased, but I don't get the option to destroy it, preventing me from proceeding.

Centuur -> RE: Return to base error: minor ships unable to rebase (12/17/2013 5:57:22 PM)

The rules are correct. Dutch ships can't base in other minor countries aligned by the CW, such as Egypt or Palestine. Cyprus should be OK, since that isn't a minor country, but a territory.

So try the port there. If not, than we are looking at a bug here, since in that case you should get the message that the Dutch vessel needs to be destroyed...

FreddaH -> RE: Return to base error: minor ships unable to rebase (12/18/2013 8:31:59 AM)

Yep, a bug it is. I can't base in Cyprus, even though my range should be enough. I don't get an option to destroy. I tried the "show valid moves" option, and it said "no valid moves".

I did manage to get around it by restoring an autosave and rebasing the Dutch units before the US ones. Unfortunately, that means I lost the save with the error.

AxelNL -> RE: Return to base error: minor ships unable to rebase (12/18/2013 12:06:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: FreddaH

Yep, a bug it is. I can't base in Cyprus, even though my range should be enough. I don't get an option to destroy. I tried the "show valid moves" option, and it said "no valid moves".

I did manage to get around it by restoring an autosave and rebasing the Dutch units before the US ones. Unfortunately, that means I lost the save with the error.

looks like a problem with cooperation between US and the Dutch, Normally not an issue (also in the real world), I would say, The Dutch are aligned to the CW?

FreddaH -> RE: Return to base error: minor ships unable to rebase (12/18/2013 1:51:43 PM)

Yep, aligned to the CW, but the US aren't at war with Ge/It.

Centuur -> RE: Return to base error: minor ships unable to rebase (12/18/2013 2:16:58 PM)

The US can only cooperate with the Dutch after they have liberated the country. So no US and Dutch ships are able to base in the same port before that.

FreddaH -> RE: Return to base error: minor ships unable to rebase (12/18/2013 11:56:26 PM)

Yep, I realize that, which is why I mention it.

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: Return to base error: minor ships unable to rebase (12/19/2013 12:23:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: FreddaH

Can you attach a saved game of this to a post? I would like to have saved games that let me quickly recreate problems. All you need to do is Zip the GAM file and attach the zipped file. Any necessary instructions on how to recreate the problem are always appreciated.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI