Play game via VMware Fusion? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> Tech Support

sansing -> Play game via VMware Fusion? (12/29/2013 3:44:06 PM)

I have been unable to play the game. I have a MacBook Pro, and use VMware Fusion to emulate a Windows 7 environment. The Accelerate 3D Graphics is enabled on VMware Fusion; it supports DirectX 9.0EX with Aero and OpenGL 2.1.

I have Microsoft Visual C++2012 Redistributable (x86) installed.

Before I installed the 1.40 beta patch, the introductory video (with biplanes and battle scenes) would play. The briefing video would also play. But when I try to launch the game, it would crash and close down.

After installing the 1.40 beta patch, the videos no longer play, although the audio part of the briefing does play. When I launch the game, the screen flickers and shows the game map, the start-up screen (which shows a machine gun nest), and the box that says "game loading". The flickering never stops. If I touch the mouse pad, the game map moves; but I cannot move the cursor.

I have been in contact with tech support, but no solution yet. Has anyone successfully played this game using VMware Fusion to emulate the Windows environment?

I am not a sophisticated computer user, but have tried to provide all the information that I can think to provide.

Thanks in advance for your help!

johnnybravo -> RE: Play game via VMware Fusion? (12/31/2013 9:00:43 AM)

Hey, game works in VirtuaBox, I never tried it on VMWare but it should work too. It practically requires OpenGL 1.1 now so it looks good on your guest machine. We will focus on 1.4 as this already gives better result and is what upcoming patch will look like anyway. Intro and briefing videos are disabled in beta patch so this is not an issue of a virtual machine.

Questions: is it possible that game window is not the same size as resolution requested when launching a game? Does the same happen in full-screen mode?

Could you please provide a screen-shot of map + loading screen bot visible (should be easy for virtual machine)?

sansing -> RE: Play game via VMware Fusion? (12/31/2013 12:07:10 PM)

Thanks for your reply. The screen flickers, and the screen shot technology just captures the game loading normally. I have attached a picture taken with my iPod that shows the game loading and the map at the same time.

[image]local://upfiles/47260/75C148C3CF014FC8932AFF0FBE700658.jpg[/image]

sansing -> RE: Play game via VMware Fusion? (12/31/2013 12:38:37 PM)

Regarding your other question, previously I had only been using full screen mode. When I select "settings" I am offered many options. The same thing happens when I select the first item on the list, 1024x768 32bpp.

You asked: "Is it possible that game window is not the same size as resolution requested when launching a game?"

I suspect there is some easy way of answering your question, but I do not know the size of the game window, or how I discover this. The numbers 1024x768 correspond to the screen resolution in the control panel in Windows, if that helps.

Wait…the Mac side screen resolution is larger, 1280x800. I will fiddle with these settings to see if it makes a difference.

sansing -> RE: Play game via VMware Fusion? (12/31/2013 12:58:01 PM)

The same flickering/dual image occurs for all combinations of screen resolution that I have tried. That doesn't seem to be the issue.

sansing -> RE: Play game via VMware Fusion? (1/1/2014 12:27:04 PM)

johnnybravo,

I see that all the settings specify 32bpp. I am running Windows 7 with a 64 bit operating system. Could that be the problem? If so, do you know how I could fix that to make the game run?

Happy new year!

quote:

ORIGINAL: johnnybravo

Hey, game works in VirtuaBox, I never tried it on VMWare but it should work too. It practically requires OpenGL 1.1 now so it looks good on your guest machine. We will focus on 1.4 as this already gives better result and is what upcoming patch will look like anyway. Intro and briefing videos are disabled in beta patch so this is not an issue of a virtual machine.

Questions: is it possible that game window is not the same size as resolution requested when launching a game? Does the same happen in full-screen mode?

Could you please provide a screen-shot of map + loading screen bot visible (should be easy for virtual machine)?

johnnybravo -> RE: Play game via VMware Fusion? (1/2/2014 6:49:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sansing

johnnybravo,

I see that all the settings specify 32bpp. I am running Windows 7 with a 64 bit operating system. Could that be the problem? If so, do you know how I could fix that to make the game run?

Happy new year!

quote:

ORIGINAL: johnnybravo

Now that is a screenshot! :)

I think the reason might be different then after all you are describing. I will post a hotfix here on forums (should be within 2 days) and you could try and see if it helped. Stay tuned!

sansing -> RE: Play game via VMware Fusion? (1/14/2014 11:47:09 PM)

johnnybravo,

Any luck finding a solution to my screen flickering problem?

I think the reason might be different then after all you are describing. I will post a hotfix here on forums (should be within 2 days) and you could try and see if it helped. Stay tuned!

[/quote]

johnnybravo -> RE: Play game via VMware Fusion? (1/21/2014 2:02:16 PM)

quote:

quote:

johnnybravo,

Any luck finding a solution to my screen flickering problem?

I might have found the issue, updated patch 1.4 coming this week for you to try.

sansing -> RE: Play game via VMware Fusion? (2/8/2014 12:23:15 PM)

The updated patch 1.4 has resolved the screen flickering issue. Will let you know if I experience any further problems.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I might have found the issue, updated patch 1.4 coming this week for you to try.

[/quote]

johnnybravo -> RE: Play game via VMware Fusion? (2/8/2014 1:14:29 PM)

quote:

The updated patch 1.4 has resolved the screen flickering issue. Will let you know if I experience any further problems.

Great to hear! (even tho officially we don't support this platform :P)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI