[FIXED B631] SAM Minimum Alt Cannot Engage Helos (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

Juramentado -> [FIXED B631] SAM Minimum Alt Cannot Engage Helos (12/29/2013 8:20:13 PM)

So I'm fine tuning one of my scenarios before releasing to public beta, and I noted that certain helos can operate at a minimum altitude of 20 feet. Which means they can actually sneak in well under ANY surface-to-air missile envelope - I checked common IR MANPADS all the way to popular SARH and they ALL have to have a target altitude of 30 feet minimum. Not realistic I would think. Yes, helos can do NOE, but this data disparity actually allows a helo to sneak well within inside SAM DLZ but remain outside gun ranges and deliver ordnance without penalty. I have tested this.

Technically there should also be a random chance that NOE sustained for long periods results in a possibility of crash. Even with AP, GPS and other technical means, flying low is statistically hazardous. H did model this, although I had a tendency to think that game engine's randomization put the threshold rather low for a crash to occur.

mikmykWS -> RE: B481 - SAM Minimum Alt Cannot Engage Helos (12/29/2013 10:06:27 PM)

Thanks. We'll take a look.

Mike

bsq -> RE: B481 - SAM Minimum Alt Cannot Engage Helos (12/29/2013 10:59:34 PM)

Think this may be working properly. Most of the larger missiles have an active fuse with a range of approx 10 metres - if it gets closer to the ground than that, the missile goes 'bang'...

Helo's are why Tungusta and then Pantsyr were built - high enough, then use the missiles, too low, use the guns.

BTW NOE, most Helo pilots would be more worried about RPG's and Heavy (14.5mm) MG's - flying below the SAM's is exactly why they do this...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI