Am I Winchester or not? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

Zathras1 -> Am I Winchester or not? (12/29/2013 8:54:10 PM)

Why do my aircraft RTB after only firing their long range missles? I have "RTB when winchester" selected, but I thought winchester meant all my main stores are expended. I know I can deselect this option, but shouldn't this be changed in the software?

Russian Heel -> RE: Am I Winchester or not? (12/29/2013 9:04:22 PM)

You aren't winchester, you are "shotgun" (If BVR weapons are the shotgun criteria - you should be able to set shotgun parameters as the commander) but in the game shotgun is considered winchester.

mikmykWS -> RE: Am I Winchester or not? (12/29/2013 9:07:16 PM)

The loadout role defines what Winchester is not strickly empty. A good way to think about it is the primary armament has been expended leaving defensive stuff for the ride home. If you don't like it turn it off in the ROE's and the aircraft will bore in.

Thanks!

Mike

mikmykWS -> RE: Am I Winchester or not? (12/29/2013 9:10:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Russian Heel

You aren't winchester, you are "shotgun" (If BVR weapons are the shotgun criteria - you should be able to set shotgun parameters as the commander) but in the game shotgun is considered winchester.

Yes although in many cases winchester = shotgun as well in Command. Depends on the role.

Mike

Russian Heel -> RE: Am I Winchester or not? (12/29/2013 9:13:28 PM)

I think the confusion comes from calling shotgun winchester, but once you figure out what winchester is in game terms its no biggie. Its not like every country in the world uses the brevity codes winchester and shotgun so you can call it whatever you want in the scope of the game.

Russian Heel -> RE: Am I Winchester or not? (12/29/2013 9:19:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Russian Heel

Yes although in many cases winchester = shotgun as well in Command. Depends on the role.

Mike

In the army we use a completely different brevity code system for levels of supply(Green-Amber-Red-Black) its different everywhere - Command could make up a completely different language and I'd be fine with it.

mikmykWS -> RE: Am I Winchester or not? (12/29/2013 9:50:20 PM)

Yeah we had to same issue when we were looking at contact calls etc. Lot of different nations use different designations.

Zathras1 -> RE: Am I Winchester or not? (12/29/2013 10:24:14 PM)

Thanks for straightening me out. I didn't know there was a difference. Looks liked I'll just deselect that option.[:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI