Saved game will not load (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support

Brainiac 6 -> Saved game will not load (12/30/2013 5:43:50 PM)

Using 1.0.7. Global War, M/J 43, Impulse 1, game saved at Port Attack phase will not load (save attached as Game1).
The game appears to go into an infinite loop and will not respond.
All of the autosaves from the previous 2 impulses will also not load (looks like same loop).
However, the ResourceLending autosave from this impulse does load (save attached as AutoSave1).
Unfortunately this autosave then appears to go into an infinite loop when you attempt to get to the next phase.
Please let me know if it is possible to recover either of these games, since I was just getting to the good part.
Thanks

ksandgren -> RE: Saved game will not load (12/30/2013 10:54:54 PM)

Getting to MJ 1943 is at least one turn farther than I have ever gotten in Global War before crashing with similar load/loop problems. I have taken to trying immediate US war entry and the traditional SITS by the Germans just to explore the problem. With first turn declarations on the US the game will rarely get to the end of 1940. In a German SITS I can get to the end of 41 and sometimes into 42. Either some counter type or the number of counters active seem to exceed the capabilities of the engine.

Brainiac 6 -> RE: Saved game will not load (12/31/2013 12:08:03 AM)

I did have a lot of units on the map.
I hope the counter count is not the problem.
Has this happened to anyone else?

jhdeerslayer -> RE: Saved game will not load (12/31/2013 1:16:57 PM)

It sometimes works for me when files do not load to totally exit the game and restarting it. Making sure MWIF not active in Task Mgr also as in some crashes I've seen it still is.

Brainiac 6 -> RE: Saved game will not load (1/13/2014 6:10:42 PM)

So I started a new Global War with less optional rules to make it easier for the program.
No Oil, no saved BP, no CVP, no CiF, no Pilots.
However, I noticed that as I progressed in the game each time I loaded a saved game it would take longer to load.
The load time increased until I finally ran into the exact same bug (infinite loop) that prevents loading the game.
Since there was no official response to my previous post, I am asking again:
Is this a known issue?
Is there something(gameplay/rules) that people should avoid when starting a Global War game?
Is this happening to others?
If so, why is no one mentioning it?
Thanks in advance for any response.

paulderynck -> RE: Saved game will not load (1/13/2014 6:31:21 PM)

Please zip and upload to this thread the one that won't load and the one from just prior that did load.

Brainiac 6 -> RE: Saved game will not load (1/13/2014 6:47:15 PM)

Saved Games are attached.
Thanks

paulderynck -> RE: Saved game will not load (1/13/2014 7:11:38 PM)

Yes I see the same thing. The one that locks up with the hourglass while trying to load always spawns two MWiF.exes, which is interesting.

Hopefully Steve can take a look at these two files this week.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI