[FIXED v1.11 SR7] Formation-keeping of surface groups (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

Spectex -> [FIXED v1.11 SR7] Formation-keeping of surface groups (1/9/2014 10:37:13 PM)

I've noticed the formation handling for ships needs some work (I assume it applies to all units but is most obvious for ships). Take the 1957 Norway scenario for instance - the Norwegians have a group of one destroyer and two frigates, one of which has a much lower max speed than the others. If you set the group's speed to maximum - which appears to be either the max speed of the fastest ship, or of the leader, when it ought to be the speed of the slowest - the faster ones will go dashing off leaving the slower ones behind, forcing you to micromanage groups of ships with different max speeds.

If the formation becomes spread out this way and I then reduce the group speed again, all of them (including the laggard now dozens of km behind) will adopt the new speed. The slower ship won't speed up to re-form, and the faster ones won't slow down (I always leave the "allow group leader to slow down" box checked, but it doesn't seem to do anything).

As an aside - is there any reason that the "weapons" screen isn't accessible when you have a group selected? It becomes very difficult to know, for example, how many missiles your planes or ships have left.

mikmykWS -> RE: Formation-keeping of surface groups (1/11/2014 1:32:55 PM)

Thanks for reporting. We'll take a look.

Mike

Dimitris -> RE: Formation-keeping of surface groups (1/20/2017 7:02:55 AM)

Hi, is this still an issue ?

Rory Noonan -> RE: Formation-keeping of surface groups (1/20/2017 7:20:06 AM)

Yep still happening in current build and db.

Dimitris -> RE: Formation-keeping of surface groups (1/20/2017 9:37:02 AM)

Can you please provide a save illustrating this if possible? Thanks.

Rory Noonan -> RE: Formation-keeping of surface groups (1/20/2017 9:05:08 PM)

Here's a save showing the issue.

The group is a mix of 3 ships with differing speeds, the lead being the fastest.

If you accelerate time, the lead will accelerate away from the others.

This also happens if you check the 'group lead can slow down' checkbox.

Sorry for not uploading a save earlier, I've been away from my computer for a bit.

Chris21wen -> RE: Formation-keeping of surface groups (1/21/2017 6:49:05 AM)

I thought I had a problem like this, it turned out I'd set the ships to sprint drift.

Dimitris -> RE: Formation-keeping of surface groups (1/21/2017 7:27:44 AM)

Thanks! Fixed for v1.11 SR7.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI