Supplemental scenarios in campaigns. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns

Tombstone -> Supplemental scenarios in campaigns. (1/28/2003 10:51:01 AM)

So I'm working on this Kursk campaign. I was thinking how interesting it would be to include a handful of supplemental scenarios that are related to the fighting in the campaign but not actually part of the campaign itself. In the briefings you could indicate the scenarios that are happening at the same time or something. What do people think about that?

Tomo

Orzel Bialy -> So then... (1/28/2003 11:24:50 AM)

what you mean is you could branch off away from the "center stage" and fight on "the fringes" of what would be the main campaign focus...and then re-enter the main focus according to the outcomes of these "fringe" battles?

Tombstone -> (1/28/2003 1:34:31 PM)

I suppose that's possible, but I meant battles that were in scenario format that came with the campaign to add content to the campaign experience. Kind of like sidebars in text books. I meant that the info in the briefing would indicate which scenario (that came with the campaign but wasn't a part of it) was happening at the time and saying something about how it relates to the operational situation in the campaign. In the case of going off to fringe battles and then re-focusing back to the main ones I think that's a really cool idea, but I also think that it has been done (especially in the Mega Camps) and is well understood.

Sturmpionier -> Lots of work (1/31/2003 9:23:08 PM)

I think that including larger picture info for your briefings is excellent. It would add even more dash to campaigns and give the "you are there" kind of feel.

You don't really need to add them to the campaign though. If I understand you correctly, you don't actually play any of these battles, right? Then, you don't really need to make a scen for the player, unless they just want to load it and look at it.

What would be really nice is if there was an option for an operational map feature where your sector is only a part. You can achieve this by having monstrous maps with lots of computer-controlled friendly forces while yours is involved in its own sector, but this is a lot of work.

I encourage you to go maybe in this direction for a total immersion feeling.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI