CWII Bloody Road South? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Civil War II

michaelincol -> CWII Bloody Road South? (1/25/2014 12:16:50 AM)

I just noticed this from Matrix homepage. Was it a slip to have it as there hasn't been a peep on either forum? Can't wait to get this add on package! Great approach to give us more battles, regional in 1862, and some more grand campaign options. I hope CWII is getting the sales it deserves for all responsible.

Queeg -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (1/25/2014 4:41:33 AM)

Looks like it's mostly the rest of the campaigns that came with the original AACW game, plus Gettysburg and Atlanta scenarios. I wondered why they didn't include those campaigns in CW2; now we know. It's OK, I'm in.

Werewolf13 -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (1/25/2014 2:57:47 PM)

The Matrix writeup for Bloody Road mentions it will use update 1.03.

Not heard about 1.03. Any news on it available? What will be fixed? What will be added? When will it be released and last but not least...

Will we have to buy Bloody Road to get it?

Ol Choctaw -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (1/25/2014 3:01:40 PM)

Buy? No Idea!

1.03 is supposed to be out sometime next month.

Queeg -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (1/25/2014 4:09:24 PM)

I'm sure the patch will be available with or without the expansion. The expansion is really the extra campaigns and scenarios.

vaalen -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (1/29/2014 3:01:36 PM)

I am also sure the patch will be available without the expansion. I am going to buy this as soon as it comes out!

Curious -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (2/6/2014 12:21:58 AM)

Where is it? Is it available in the part of the world that is past Feb. 5th now?

Ol Choctaw -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (2/6/2014 8:27:23 AM)

Only a guess but they usually post their patches, etc. on Fridays.

mattpenfold -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (2/6/2014 8:30:10 AM)

quote:

available in the part of the world that is past Feb. 5th now?

According to the Matrix Games front page it was released on the 5th. However there is still no option to purchase when you click on the link to the product page.

Gilmer -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (2/6/2014 11:43:54 AM)

I am a little perplexed at that as well. I went looking last night and am now looking again.

Ace1_slith -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (2/6/2014 12:29:40 PM)

Better a day late and a good pack, then on time and a bad pack.

mattpenfold -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (2/6/2014 1:09:47 PM)

It is out - downloading it now. About 1Gb in size, so it will take a while on my slow connection.

vonRocko -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (2/6/2014 1:15:49 PM)

WTF! Do we have to pay for the patch?

mattpenfold -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (2/6/2014 1:33:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

WTF! Do we have to pay for the patch?

No, but The Bloody Road South requires it, hence why it is included the download.

IainMcNeil -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (2/6/2014 2:05:45 PM)

Yes the patch will be available without the expansion. We are still working on integrating it in to the update system so don't worry it will come once we've completed the testing!

mattpenfold -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (2/6/2014 2:06:37 PM)

Pocus over at the AGEOD forums has just announced that Matrix are changing the way they release patches, and the 1.03 update encountered some technical issues as a result but will be out in a few days.

vonRocko -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (2/6/2014 3:06:25 PM)

Yeah, no problem getting it in the expansion though. Pocus also said the patch in the addon is big, and the free one will be "slimmer". What does that mean? The free patch won't have as many fixes, features?

mattpenfold -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (2/6/2014 3:19:16 PM)

I think it means that Matrix are changing the way they deliver patches, and that the 1.03 stand alone patch will be considerably smaller in size that the 1Gb size of The Bloody Road. Obviously the stand alone patch is not going to have the content of the addon, but I have seen nothing to indicate that otherwise the update will not be the same.

Dorb -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (2/6/2014 4:07:18 PM)

Great! Will grab when get home from work tonight. I needed to get back to this game anyway, was distracted by all the games from the holiday sale for awhile. [:)]

Duck Doc -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (2/6/2014 7:31:53 PM)

I am happy the expansion pack was released. It makes the game playable for those of us with a life and/ or short attention spans [:D]. Thanks a lot. Just what the doctor ordered.

Gilmer -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (2/6/2014 10:27:55 PM)

I'm a little confused. I bought the expansion, but 1.03 is not with it? I ask this because the version stills says 1.02 as it is loading.

Dorb -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (2/6/2014 11:21:28 PM)

Mine had a screen pop up that said something about making sure I had patch 1.03 from Alea Jacta Est loaded(which I do have). But I clicked onward and everything seemed to load fine and shows v1.03.

michaelincol -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (2/6/2014 11:22:46 PM)

I got expansion too. As I remember, Beginnng of install it let's you know you are at 1.02 and asks whether to install 1.03 before expansion. Then it installs 1.03 before installing expansion. Everything working fine running 1.03.

michaelincol -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (2/6/2014 11:31:35 PM)

"The free patch won't have as many fixes, features? "

AGEOD are the good guys. Their games are supported forever with full feature patches at no cost. I wouldn't worry.

Cavalier99 -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (2/7/2014 6:16:08 AM)

What is going on? This is not turning out to be a very good advert for AGEOD. Expansion released that contains loading errors and no automatic patch for the original game. Hmmm seems to me that business considerations have resulted in a rushed release. Not good at all.

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (2/7/2014 7:00:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cavalier99

What is going on? This is not turning out to be a very good advert for AGEOD. Expansion released that contains loading errors and no automatic patch for the original game. Hmmm seems to me that business considerations have resulted in a rushed release. Not good at all.

No problems here installing. When prompted it installed the new patch included with the game.

mo reb

Ace1_slith -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (2/7/2014 7:19:42 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

Pocus also said the patch in the addon is big, and the free one will be "slimmer". What does that mean? The free patch won't have as many fixes, features?

Relax. It means you will not have the additional scenarios. You will get the same patch as everybody else. Expansion download is big because of the additional scenarios you receive in the Bloody Roads South. "Regular" game patch will not contain those. Simple as that.

IainMcNeil -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (2/7/2014 8:47:27 AM)

If anyone is having problems please post in a separate thread as its a bit confusing to understand mixed in this thread.

Moltke71 -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (2/7/2014 1:58:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gamerincol

I got expansion too. As I remember, Beginnng of install it let's you know you are at 1.02 and asks whether to install 1.03 before expansion. Then it installs 1.03 before installing expansion. Everything working fine running 1.03.

Yes, that's the way it works.

dukewacoan -> RE: CWII Bloody Road South? (2/7/2014 5:04:35 PM)

When I installed Bloody Roads South it seemed to install fine, and the scenarios are there. HOWEVER, when loading to start at the bottom right the screen still says "1.02" version.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI