War Gaming Heaven (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

MadSlag -> War Gaming Heaven (2/6/2014 11:12:25 PM)

Hi All,

I came home from work today to the most beautiful site: a box full of war gaming book goodness. The MWiF books are absolutely gorgeous. And I really can't wait to learn this game. I have been following the game since release and have been watching all of you discuss the game. It was finally time to pull the trigger and start enjoying this great game. Actually the real story is my wife got tired of me talking about the game so she got online and ordered the thing for me so I would stop yabbering about it :). Little does she know that now that I own it I will be yabbering about it even more!!!

Anyhow I just wanted to jump on and introduce myself and say hi and thank the development team for taking the time and detail on this awesome game. Even though not completely finished what you have done so far is very impressive which is one of the reasons I bought it.

Enough talking, I've gotta get my nose into those books :)

Mike

Shellshock -> RE: War Gaming Heaven (2/7/2014 12:18:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MadSlag

Actually the real story is my wife got tired of me talking about the game so she got online and ordered the thing for me so I would stop yabbering about it :). Little does she know that now that I own it I will be yabbering about it even more!!!

Your wife ordered it for you?

[&o] [&o] [&o] [&o]

Yes, the manuals are pretty impressive. A printed out PDF slammed into a three ring binder isn't quite the same for me.

I found in terms of complexity, the learning curve for this game wasn't nearly as steep as WITP. More so if you've played World in Flames before.

joshuamnave -> RE: War Gaming Heaven (2/7/2014 3:02:13 AM)

Mine was a Christmas present from my girlfriend. Little did she know that I would spend more time in my virtual army than I spent when I was actually in the army. Sleep is for the weak!

Orm -> RE: War Gaming Heaven (2/7/2014 7:09:05 AM)

Hello Mike.

Welcome to the forum.

Dorb -> RE: War Gaming Heaven (2/7/2014 11:02:40 AM)

Welcome to the MWiF Book Club. I agree the books are awesome.

Centuur -> RE: War Gaming Heaven (2/7/2014 5:44:39 PM)

You better make sure your wife gets a huge valentine present in return, next week... [;)]

gravyhair -> RE: War Gaming Heaven (2/7/2014 6:53:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dorb

Welcome to the MWiF Book Club. I agree the books are awesome.

ROFL ...

npilgaard -> RE: War Gaming Heaven (2/26/2014 1:49:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MadSlag

Hi All,

I came home from work today to the most beautiful site: a box full of war gaming book goodness. The MWiF books are absolutely gorgeous. And I really can't wait to learn this game. I have been following the game since release and have been watching all of you discuss the game. It was finally time to pull the trigger and start enjoying this great game. Actually the real story is my wife got tired of me talking about the game so she got online and ordered the thing for me so I would stop yabbering about it :). Little does she know that now that I own it I will be yabbering about it even more!!!

Anyhow I just wanted to jump on and introduce myself and say hi and thank the development team for taking the time and detail on this awesome game. Even though not completely finished what you have done so far is very impressive which is one of the reasons I bought it.

Enough talking, I've gotta get my nose into those books :)

Mike

A nice wife and a great game - what more to wish for [;)]
You will enjoy the game for sure - it has both strategical and tactical depth, a historical feel and a lot of replayability [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI