adding additional ships in your empire (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

Antarian -> adding additional ships in your empire (2/8/2014 6:49:04 PM)

Is there a way to have additional ships available, so you can have more advanced ships later on? So, a first gen destroyer, then a second gen one you can pick from the master list of images later on?

The only way I've been able to get it to work so far is to add the later image to the extra ship sets used by minor races, hope they don't use it too much, and go snag it later on for one of my more advanced designs.

tjhkkr -> RE: adding additional ships in your empire (2/8/2014 7:53:34 PM)

What I have done is added a ship set that is otherwise NOT assigned to any race. And from there I put images in there that I use for different classes or configurations and so on...

Antarian -> RE: adding additional ships in your empire (2/9/2014 6:29:33 PM)

That's an idea, thanks! I'll give it a try. I'm confused why they seemed to remove this functionality from the first versions, where you could have mil1a.png, mil1b.png ect extra ships available.

DeadlyShoe -> RE: adding additional ships in your empire (2/9/2014 8:40:48 PM)

i imagine because if you pay for 100 ship sprites, you can make that into 5 regular races or 2-3 'upgradeable' races.

tjhkkr -> RE: adding additional ships in your empire (2/9/2014 9:37:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Antarian
That's an idea, thanks! I'll give it a try. I'm confused why they seemed to remove this functionality from the first versions, where you could have mil1a.png, mil1b.png ect extra ships available.

I cannot take credit for this...
I got it from the drunken android; and he got it from that Romulan... and I think he stole it from the Briar Patch...
Actually, I think it is IGard's idea originally.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI