Opération Fennec, 2014 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios

greatTop -> Opération Fennec, 2014 (2/12/2014 6:07:18 PM)

Hello Commanders,

Herewith a new scnenario I think is fairly good, just didn't have much time to test it so any comments (good or bad) are more than welcome !

Quick Intro :

France Vs Algeria

Algerian elections of April 2014 bring to power an Islamic president(backed by the army). who decides to rally the population around the re-emerging hatred of the french nationals living there (28 000 people) by blaming them for all that's wrong in the country... You have to evacuate the surviving few french citizens that weren't lucky enough to flee and are being held in under the minestery of defence in Algiers !

16/08/14 Update:

-Algerian ships name corrected.
-Minimal changes to French Air force.
-ROE changed.
-BPC Tonnerre has "hellfires" in it's magazine.
-No fly zone added
-Small corrections to the Fench SAG and Algerian Airfoce Loadouts

Cheers :)

Flankerk -> RE: Opération Fennec, 2014 [Pre-release testing] (2/14/2014 1:55:44 PM)

Definitely close, and a fun scenario. A high point definitely was the attack on the landing zone with the Tigers providing great cover for the landing.
A few minor oddities need adjusting probably.....

The Algerian SAG names had gone slightly pear shaped. The one unit was renamed to be Algerian SAG, the others are class names so there are for example several 801 names if you see what I mean? In effect they aren't individually named.

The other that didn't quite sit with the scenario perhaps, or work sorry was the last event.
I won't say any more but the event triggered, but you don't do what you are asked to due to the ROE (without giving it away)

Otherwise looks close to completion to be truthful.

The Rafales mind make short work of anything flying!

greatTop -> RE: Opération Fennec, 2014 [Pre-release testing] (2/14/2014 8:47:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flankerk

Definitely close, and a fun scenario. A high point definitely was the attack on the landing zone with the Tigers providing great cover for the landing.
A few minor oddities need adjusting probably.....

The Algerian SAG names had gone slightly pear shaped. The one unit was renamed to be Algerian SAG, the others are class names so there are for example several 801 names if you see what I mean? In effect they aren't individually named.

The other that didn't quite sit with the scenario perhaps, or work sorry was the last event.
I won't say any more but the event triggered, but you don't do what you are asked to due to the ROE (without giving it away)

Otherwise looks close to completion to be truthful.

The Rafales mind make short work of anything flying!

As usual it's a pleasure having you feedbacks Flankerk, they are really helpfull and I will definitely work on that this Weekend !
Thanks mate.

PS: Yes the Rafale is an amazing jet, the only problem with it, is that it lacks a long range missile(the MICA being more "medium" range...) Unfortunatelly for the french air force they will have to wait until 2018 for the "Meteor" missile.

greatTop -> RE: Opération Fennec, 2014 [Pre-release testing] (2/15/2014 11:59:59 AM)

New updated version !

Pergite! -> RE: Opération Fennec, 2014 [Pre-release testing] (2/16/2014 7:08:56 AM)

Some initial findings:
-Clear the log before you save the mission
-It would also be good to save the scenario with another view, not just a close-up of the sahara desert that is shown now.
-The Objective and ROE could be a bit more clear: Am I free to engage whatever I like? "Teaching a lesson", is this accomplished just by the NEO operation? Doesn't Morocco, Italy or Spain mind if I attack or use their airspace?
-The briefing says the main objective is the MOD, the map however has the Defence forces HQ in Algiers.

The scenario looks really interesting, and I will report back in when I have tried it out.

greatTop -> RE: Opération Fennec, 2014 [Pre-release testing] (3/28/2014 10:55:04 AM)

The mission has been updated and in it final version ! :)

@ Pergite: I've changed the initial view and cleared the log, create a no fly zone over neighbouring arab countries. Except Marocco which wouldn't say no to France. I think Tunisia wouldn't either but in the spirit of the mission let's say they don't want french AC in their Airspace... If you know a bit about NATO and the EU you wont ask me why I didn't put one over Italy and Spain [X(]. Thanks for the comment :D

Jorm -> RE: Opération Fennec, 2014 [Pre-release testing] (3/29/2014 6:49:07 AM)

good one :-)

I really enjoyed this scenario, large but manageable. i had to look up what most of the french a/c weapons do :-)
I was doing well initially but got lazy and let my a/c do there own thing in penny packets.. bad move on my part

I had no idea how powerful the algerians would be.

dillonkbase -> RE: Opération Fennec, 2014 [Pre-release testing] (3/29/2014 8:34:32 AM)

Are nuke's supposed to be useable?

Also at St D airfield the magazine has a bunch of ordinance that does not appear to be loadable on the rafale c for whatever reason... is this intentional?

greatTop -> RE: Opération Fennec, 2014 [Pre-release testing] (3/29/2014 9:31:10 AM)

@dillonkbase yes they are because you will need one at the end of scenario although I won't spoil more of it. Nukes aboard the Charles de Gaulle are there for no other reason than real representation of what is aboard that ship... I would recommend not to use them as it would be highly unrealistic !
Sorry for AB st Dizier I forgot to add the "Damocless" Pod. Thank you for bringing that up :)

@Jorm Thanks mate, yes the Algerian have received some really good equipement for the past couple of years !

NEW UPDATE:
-Pods added at ST DIZIER AB

greatTop -> RE: Opération Fennec, 2014 [Pre-release testing] (8/16/2014 10:02:25 AM)

Small new update, and the Scenario should be 100% done.

Dimitris -> RE: Opération Fennec, 2014 [Pre-release testing] (8/13/2015 8:35:28 AM)

Is this ready for release?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI