Mod Guide 1 - Comments, Questions, and Typos (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Mods and Scenarios

CapnDarwin -> Mod Guide 1 - Comments, Questions, and Typos (2/23/2014 2:17:07 PM)

Folks I'm going to have a thread for each guide in order to catch any errors, typos, missed information, new info, requests, or anything else that needs to be added or fixed in the guide. Since we control these documents and can update periodically and release new PDF versions I want one place to gather the info and this thread is it!

Thanks for your help! [8D]

WildCatNL -> RE: Mod Guide 1 - Comments, Questions, and Typos (2/23/2014 4:07:18 PM)

Mixed (aka "clear") terrain is poorly covered in the manual.
- Mentioned in 4.3.1 (Map Basics: Elevations),
- Not mentioned in 4.3.4 (Map Basics: Terrain Elements); just note that without the terrain elements, the terrain is seen as mixed.
- Not mentioned in 4.6.14 (Adding Terrain Elements); just note that "mixed" terrain is also an option, and perhaps add a brief 4.6.22 with guidelines when to leave terrain clear.

The manual uses as a running example the Fulda map, which happens to be one of the few maps without clusters of "clear" terrain (all high elevation areas happen to filled with forests). An example of a map with plenty of clear terrain (hills) is the tutorial map (Red Storm 2).

Other than the "mixed" terrain, the manual is a solid read. Thanks!

William

CapnDarwin -> RE: Mod Guide 1 - Comments, Questions, and Typos (2/23/2014 4:59:17 PM)

William,

Thanks for the feedback. Very good points I will fix for the first update of this guide in the future.

Tazak -> RE: Mod Guide 1 - Comments, Questions, and Typos (2/25/2014 9:08:46 AM)

Section 5.9:
It details "Select Hexside Object ID from the Layer Settings" but ingame it is named "hexside Obstacle ID"

It might be me but when going through section 5.8 Checking the Road Network, I find I have to save a FP9 file before it shows the Road Network on the map

CapnDarwin -> RE: Mod Guide 1 - Comments, Questions, and Typos (2/25/2014 11:49:04 AM)

Tazak, thanks for the feedback. Yes the Road markers are acting odd. I think I mention to save then use the function. We will see about getting that fixed for 2.04.

WABAC -> RE: Mod Guide 1 - Comments, Questions, and Typos (5/1/2014 5:14:36 PM)

Not much fun paying for Hexdraw and getting a bad license key. [8|]

We will see how good his tech support is.

CapnDarwin -> RE: Mod Guide 1 - Comments, Questions, and Typos (5/1/2014 5:40:34 PM)

Wabac, let me know if you have an issue. We have been talking to Jo Bader (hexdraw creator) and can get you help if you need it.

WABAC -> RE: Mod Guide 1 - Comments, Questions, and Typos (5/1/2014 7:26:17 PM)

I made sure the Flashpoint icon was visible in the license screen shot I sent him. [;)]

Stuff happens on the internet.

I just hope he isn't on vacation. I've got a topo map of the area from Fladungen to Meinegen to Bad Neustadt I'm itching to work on. So that's why I'm snarky.

WABAC -> RE: Mod Guide 1 - Comments, Questions, and Typos (5/2/2014 5:23:33 AM)

I am happy to report that Jo responded quickly.

The problem was write rights on the directory. Got to have them to enter the key. [8D]

Elfastball7 -> RE: Mod Guide 1 - Comments, Questions, and Typos (5/2/2014 5:31:24 AM)

Awesome. Can't wait to see your new map!

WABAC -> RE: Mod Guide 1 - Comments, Questions, and Typos (5/3/2014 11:56:17 PM)

On page 47 you show the image "still at 200 pixels" per inch. Hexdraw defaults to 400, and that is what you show on page 44. I did not see a conversion in between.

Tazak -> RE: Mod Guide 1 - Comments, Questions, and Typos (5/22/2014 7:45:39 PM)

Gents, just a quick thanks this guide is really useful and makes map making very easy once you get the hang of things

CapnDarwin -> RE: Mod Guide 1 - Comments, Questions, and Typos (5/22/2014 7:49:29 PM)

I am working on updating the 3 mod guides to 2.04 standards along with a rules addendum for the new and enhanced features too. Plus finish Modding Guide 4 if I can still type. [:D]

harry_vdk -> All lake or single hex river hexes are elevation “0” and should not be changed. Why? (5/30/2015 9:31:31 AM)

A question about "All lake or single hex river hexes are elevation “0” and should not be changed."

This river have 2 elevations near, what the impact for the elevation level of the river?

[image]local://upfiles/48993/4EAC65245B284136B9A0B5D9603B2D2C.jpg[/image]

CapnDarwin -> RE: All lake or single hex river hexes are elevation “0” and should not be changed. Why? (5/30/2015 12:38:44 PM)

Looking at your map all of the single hexes are elevation zero. The edge streams (small rivers) are fine across elevations.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI