Adm. Nimitz war diary to be released online (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Chijohnaok2 -> Adm. Nimitz war diary to be released online (2/24/2014 2:08:21 PM)

quote:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/02/24/adm-nimitz-wwii-diary-to-be-published-online/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fnational+%28Internal+-+US+Latest+-+Text%29

Adm. Nimitz's WWII diary to be published online

Published February 24, 2014Associated Press

NEWPORT, R.I. – The Naval War College is set to release online a trove of World War II information in a war diary kept daily by Adm. Chester W. Nimitz and his staff as the Navy battled Japan.

The more than 4,000 pages can be accessed beginning Monday at www.usnwc.edu/graybook.

War College historian Douglas Smith tells The Providence Journal that it's the most authoritative source on the war in the Pacific theater.

Nimitz, commander in chief of the Pacific Fleet, died in 1966. He graduated from the War College in Rhode Island and lectured there several times.

The diary was declassified in 1972 but was relatively inaccessible at the Naval History and Heritage Command.

Its entries begin Dec. 7, 1941, the day Japan attacked Pearl Harbor, and go to August 1945, shortly before the Japanese surrendered.

USSAmerica -> RE: Adm. Nimitz war diary to be released online (2/24/2014 3:21:55 PM)

Wow! I'm looking forward to reading it! [8D]

Louisvillan -> RE: Adm. Nimitz war diary to be released online (2/25/2014 12:09:50 AM)

Thanks for posting this note. I'll be bookmarking the site and spending evenings browsing it (since there is so little on TV).

Chijohnaok2 -> RE: Adm. Nimitz war diary to be released online (2/25/2014 5:55:20 PM)

It's in HTML (I think) and also PDF versions.

I downloaded and saved in PDF. It is HUGE. It took hours (and I am on a fast ISP).

Saved it in case they move it in the future.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI